Marotta or Secco (7 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That's what everyone does. Comparing players' values / or actual transfer prices. And that also means that there is no such thing as being right or wrong.

Still, we are the team that paid more than 20 million for Amauri, 25 million for Melo, etc. This is definitely a step in the right direction :D
Of course there is right or wrong. It's wrong to buy Pepe for 10 million when there's Gervinho available for 12-13

Have you considered that the whole loan + option is just a way to pay in 4 installments rather than three?
Which in the end means the same - 10mln for Pepe, 17 for Matri and 15 for Quag.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Aye because I thought Krasic performances on a whole contributed more to the team than Diego. Diego went missing for many minutes each game. Krasic was alot more effective.
Krasic was more bang for the buck. MUCH more.

Get him a LM that is of equal to or greater quality and watch how much better he will be. If we can stop him from getting man-marked to death or double marked, we are good to go.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Of course there is right or wrong. It's wrong to buy Pepe for 10 million when there's Gervinho available for 12-13

Which in the end means the same - 10mln for Pepe, 17 for Matri and 15 for Quag.
Quag/Matri I am good with...when you look at Matri jumping ship to a completely different team with tons more pressure to perform and continues to do so scoring that many goals, he is worth the fee. Same goes to Quag who has been scoring goals consistently for some time. If we can somehow land a WC SS like Kun, Matri is going to fly. And Quag as a bench player is great for depth and especially suspensions and god forbid injuries.

Pepe, a bad player by our usual standards, is going to be more like our Brazzo. A utility player. Not a fan of the 10m, but from a guy that can play in 4 positions basically for the same reasons I mentioned above, it isn't that bad.

Motta on the other hand, you seem to not mention as often. Do you see him being used (maybe Pepe too) in a player trade?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Exactly what I mean with comparing. You can twist it every way you like, depending on which side of the argument you are on

Is Pepe for 10m a good deal?
No, probably not if compared to that Gervinho character.
Yes, he probably is compared to what we spent on Martinez.

Is Matri for 18m a good deal?
No, maybe not if compared to that Gervinho character.
Yes, definitely so when compared to what we spent on Melo, Amauri, ...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Motta on the other hand, you seem to not mention as often. Do you see him being used (maybe Pepe too) in a player trade?
I do, and it's the reason why I skip on him. If we settle with Motta as our back up next to Lich then I will say that too is idiotic, don't worry about that.

Pepe? No way we'll use him for some swap. He's ours and will be in our plans.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I do, and it's the reason why I skip on him. If we settle with Motta as our back up next to Lich then I will say that too is idiotic, don't worry about that.

Pepe? No way we'll use him for some swap. He's ours and will be in our plans.
I am a bit concerned with the 4 year contracts though for both of them.

Perhaps we can use Motta in the Licht deal and keep Grygera (or bring Beck and sell Z). Pepe should be used in a player trade, but I see him more as a backup to the first team.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Exactly what I mean with comparing. You can twist it every way you like, depending on which side of the argument you are on

That's just silly because both 'yes' mean that we made a mistake, when we compare them with a bad signing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

:D

Jul 2, 2006
Marotta the unspeakable scum. Could not even get a discount for the player injured for half of the season.
18 million for Matri who is description of mediocrity. I don't even want to talk about other two terrorists.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That's just silly because both 'yes' mean that we made a mistake, when we compare them with a bad signing.
But that's just the thing isn't it? You can, literally, come up with 100's comparisons.
With, in this case, the "yes" answers referring to so called mistakes and the "no" answers referring to good deals (or in this case potentially good deals).

Hence my initial post: almost everyone compares players' values or actual transfer prices being paid.
You for example don't really rate Matri much, so you "choose" other deals that make this one look bad.
Someone who does rate Matri will end up comparing this deal with others (the ones I mentioned for example) to suit his side of the argument.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But that's just the thing isn't it? You can, literally, come up with 100's comparisons.
With, in this case, the "yes" answers referring to so called mistakes and the "no" answers referring to good deals (or in this case potentially good deals).

Hence my initial post: almost everyone compares players' values or actual transfer prices being paid.
You for example don't really rate Matri much, so you "choose" other deals that make this one look bad.
Someone who does rate Matri will end up comparing this deal with others (the ones I mentioned for example) to suit his side of the argument.
Yes but I compare it with great players, and you compare it with mediocrity. So lesser shit means good?

Bah, whatever :D We'll see how it goes, I think those millions spent were a pathetic move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)