Marotta or Secco (7 Viewers)

Jul 15, 2006
Pepe 10mln - One of the worst transfer I've witnessed since I follow football, which is like 10 years. I simply cannot believe we're paid so much for a player who adds NOTHING but workrate. He's a brainless winger and has many weaknesses. 10 mln ... wow. There are no words to describe how I feel now. Later they say "we had no money and Sanchez/Rossi/Aguero were too expensive", well doh... there's a freakin' reason why your bank is empty. Ramirez from Bologna costs like 13mln, Menez is around 12 and there are tons of wingers who add much more than Pepe and can even cost less.

Matri - lol. He exploded one season and people think he's a world beater. Do watch his previous stats and you will see zilch because he was nothing but average. 17mln? What a freaking joke this is. Kévin Gameiro's price was 11mln only, and yet we do this move. Overpriced trash... Yet, some people who spit on Amauri are even worse, because they think Matri is way superior and worth of this amount of money. 17 million :lol: Jesus Christ...
Nothing much to add to this, really. What a joke.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
So far he's a one season wonder. One season wonders can't cost 17 million euros when chances are high they he'll pull an Amauri.

We'll see for how much money will strikers move and compare it to Matri's transfer.
So you'll hate on the guy for his price?

Bah, we're not going anywhere with this if he scores another 20 goals a season next year perhaps you'll then rate him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
he's Italian, so you can pile all the extra hate you like.
I give an argument unlike you. Your avatar is pathetic and if anything, it only makes you biased. You think Italian NT is quite talented nowadays and how Marchisio is amazing, that alone says much about your realistic point of view.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
So far he's a one season wonder. One season wonders can't cost 17 million euros when chances are high they he'll pull an Amauri.
Dule, let's say we would have bought Lukaku after last season for the same amount of money, would you have said the same?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I am just saying that before last season, Lukaku also was a one season wonder and I am sure people would have found him a good buy for that amount of cash.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but prices inflated due to teams like Chelsea, Real and City, no denying that.
Teams like Udinese, Palermo wouldn't have thought about asking 35-40 million for their star players a few seasons ago, now they do.

I agree 17million is much, maybe too much, maybe not, only time will tell.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I give an argument unlike you. Your avatar is pathetic and if anything, it only makes you biased. You think Italian NT is quite talented nowadays and how Marchisio is amazing, that alone says much about your realistic point of view.
your argument is based on what, your master's degree in analysis of football market prices? what makes Ronaldo worth 100M Euros?

its one thing criticizing a player's price tag when he has not performed, but the guy made an instant impact and earned his chance.

17M for a young striker who has good finishing skills and is coming off an excellent season, sounds like a good deal.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I am just saying that before last season, Lukaku also was a one season wonder and I am sure people would have found him a good buy for that amount of cash.
There's a difference. Lukako can become amazing and has potential that is yet to be developed.

Matri is not there in that case.

your argument is based on what, your master's degree in analysis of football market prices? what makes Ronaldo worth 100M Euros?
No, you see, you take some other transfer and compare it with another one. It's not a nuclear science.

If not, then see what has Matri done in his previous seasons to make his value so high? I will tell you - nothing. As for Ronaldo, he's not a one season wonder so I don't see your point. Also, that Marketing move has brought Real a lot of cash and we'll not see 0.1% of it when it comes to Matri. Also, Ronaldo is one of the best strikers in the World who provides 40 goals and 10 assists. So if Matri is 18, then Ronaldo is probably worth 90.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Only time will tell which opinion is (more) right.

At the moment though I think Matri has proved himself this season and he earned his transfer. Thing is Amauri have considerably failed when Juventus was in not a good form back then while Matri have almost consistenly performed well under similar conditions.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Bravo Marotta!
You piece of shit, you should build a statue for Pepe and Motta infront of our new stadium to show your unconditional love.
And next year you will fire Conte ofcourse because he failed to deliver with your mediocore players

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
No, you see, you take some other transfer and compare it with another one. It's not a nuclear science.
That's what everyone does. Comparing players' values / or actual transfer prices. And that also means that there is no such thing as being right or wrong.

Still, we are the team that paid more than 20 million for Amauri, 25 million for Melo, etc. This is definitely a step in the right direction :D

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Marotta :lol: Gotta highlight his master work

4.5 for Quag
2.6 for Pepe
1.25 for Motta
Half of Ariaudo for Matri's loan

And now in June

15.5 Matri
10.5 Quagliarella
7.5 Pepe
3.75 Motta

You can stretch Motto because he will get traded but it changes nothing. Panic buys :lol2: I just can't believe how brainless this guy is and what sort of numbers he pulled of.
:agree: common sense post of the week

mfdoom

Dec 18, 2010
btw Matri was expensive because we bought him in the last days of the winter transfer window, we desperately needed a striker and we had no other options nor time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So we end up signing all those players. That's what I thought would happen considering the high loan fees; they were just part of financing the deals.

Of course a useless player like Pepe would be signed by Marotta. I don't see how folks didn't see it coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)