Marotta or Secco (4 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
All I've got to say is people who think Secco is better than Marotta must know sweet fuck all about football or have the memory of Alzheimers victim. Marotta is an average and pretty ordinary GM but he is nowhere near the absolute shit that was Secco. Im not going to list the various fuck ups and facepalms that guy brought onto this club because we know all them all.
Pretty much. :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
How the hell can someone even want to compare them ? Marotta is a very good director, Secco is one of the worst Ive seen in my life. But a lot of people talk because it is free, how can someone compare Marotta with Secco without taking into account the kind of resources each one had ? Marotta was last season trying to take away that garbage Secco bought and gave massiva contracts, he still has to because every transfer Secco did was a disaster.
By buying the likes of Pepe and Motta and Martinez and awarding fat cheques to a a past-it Toni?

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Yeah, Secco, by virtue of not having total autonomy in the transfer market, wins this comparison. Marotta, by all accounts, does what he likes. Meanwhile, he's been utter shit.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I was just assuming that we're allowed judge two people on the same grounds despite the non-uniformity of their situations.

Andrade was at Depor, not at Juve, he never played (4) for us and cost 10M.

It's unfair to judge Andrade for 4 appearances much in the same way it is for Motta,14 and Martinez 12. All 3 were good before they joined us but none, through injury or idiocy has been given the correct instruction or a fair crack at the whip.

I we can judge Marotta on those two, then we can judge Seccon on Andrade IMO and he was the worst signing of either mans reign.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was just assuming that we're allowed judge two people on the same grounds despite the non-uniformity of their situations.

It's unfair to judge Andrade for 4 appearances much in the same way it is for Motta,14 and Martinez 12. All 3 were good before they joined us but none, through injury or idiocy has been given the correct instruction or a fair crack at the whip.

I we can judge Marotta on those two, then we can judge Seccon on Andrade IMO and he was the worst signing of either mans reign.
Are you serious? You don't make any sense at all. Motta played tons of matches for us and was terrible while Martinez never ever showed himself to be worth 12M at Catania. These cases are not similar to Andrade whatsoever.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

The main problem with Andrade was that he had two operations in 2006 and 2007 before he joined Juve (fracture of the rotula, whatever it means) and there was a huge chance for him to have the same problem again. We knew all that and yet we took the risk.
As expected, he had the same injury on his left knee very soon after he joined Juve and that marked the end of his career.

His quality and experience was undisputed, but how in hell he passed the medical is a story of its own.

Martinez too suffered with injuries. Spent a lot of time injured in Catania and even nobodies like us, the forum members, feared that he's too old to put the injuries behind him. As expected, he spent more than half of the season injured. What's worse, he had like 5-6 injuries and just like in Catania he was available for 2-3 matches and then missed 4-5, over and over again.
The difference between the two cases is that if both of them managed to leave the injuries behind them Andrade was going to be a top transfer while Martinez was still going to remain a mediocre player.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'd gladly have Secco back and have him pay 50m for Aguero instead of 45. Its still better than signing Matri and Quag for 35m and then spending another 30-35m on Rossi. Secco FTW!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd rather eat my own face than have Secco come back with his Football Manager 2009 guide to being a sporting director.

As for Marotta, I'd like to see a 20% or so shift in his spending mentality, if he is fully responsible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)