Linux for your taste (sorry Naw :D) (5 Viewers)

What OS do you use?

• Windows

• Linux

• Mac

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
SexualChocolate said:
Ze, welcome to the light side ;)

Okay, as most of you here would guess, I would suggest ubuntu, but that's totally up to you.. Honestly, you can only find the one you like best if you've tried 'em all, and I haven't yet, so.. :D

They say linspire is easy for beginners (www.freespire.org for the free version), but I'd honestly reccommend anything branching out from debian.. i.e. Ubuntu :D

If you do decide to get hooked up with the Ubu, let me know, I'd be more than glad to help out ;)
Thanx man. It'll be worse than the time I was trying to play the dl'd version of FM '06 :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Jeeks said:
What is childish about Mandriva?

What do you think of Fedora?
I don't know, the whole desktop, logo, branding seems childish. TBH I have only a 2 day experience of Mandriva, so I can't give a valid assesment, it just didnt feel as mature as Ubuntu or Suse.

As for Fedora I never tried it, however I just installed CentOS yesterday and am gonna give it a try (Both red hat based).

OP
/usr/bin

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #85
    Zé Tahir said:
    Ubuntu it is then. Btw, how many are using Linux right now as we speak?

edit: So, are there diff. versions of Ubuntu?
    nah, just updates to the same one (like win 95->98->2k->XP->vista, etc, only difference is it doesn't get steadily worse over time ;))

latest one is version 6.06 Dapper Drake..

6.10 Edgy Eft should be out very soon, I think

OP
    /usr/bin

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #86
    Oh, oh, might I suggest you try SimplyMEPIS as well? It's ubuntu based (as of version 6.0), so it could be another alternative..

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Rami said:
    I don't know, the whole desktop, logo, branding seems childish. TBH I have only a 2 day experience of Mandriva, so I can't give a valid assesment, it just didnt feel as mature as Ubuntu or Suse.

As for Fedora I never tried it, however I just installed CentOS yesterday and am gonna give it a try (Both red hat based).
    I think I will give Gentoo a try in the weekend.

I do miss a test PC actually.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    SexualChocolate said:
    Oh, oh, might I suggest you try SimplyMEPIS as well? It's ubuntu based (as of version 6.0), so it could be another alternative..
    Suggesting to me or Ze?

OP
    /usr/bin

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #90
    Rami said:
    Suggesting to me or Ze?
    Anyone, really.. :D

If you like KDE, and liking ubuntu/kubuntu, you might wanna give this a shot.. this could turn out to be good..

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    vlatko said:
    the big colory logo on the low right kinda gave it away. :D
    Lol now I feel stupid, the moment I saw the small logo on the terminal bar I immediatly concluded its PCLinux. The logos are very similar I must say

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I see a lot of people have been playing around with linux, but I'd like to know how many of you have decided to make it your primary operating system. That you use it more than any other OS.

Mods, could you please add a poll here? Options:
    Windows
    Mac
    Linux
    Other

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    You sure you don't want to fragment all the Linuxes? ;)

Sure, I'll add a poll...

EDIT: Jack did it right under me, even made the thread disappear as I was trying to add it! :)

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    It is done Greg.

By the way, why can't we add a poll anywhere on the forum? I had to create a seperate thread in the poll section and merge it with this one.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    swag said:
    You sure you don't want to fragment all the Linuxes? ;)

Sure, I'll add a poll...

EDIT: Jack did it right under me, even made the thread disappear as I was trying to add it! :)
    This is also one of the wonders of Linux :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)