Linux for your taste (sorry Naw :D) (1 Viewer)

What OS do you use?

• Windows

• Linux

• Mac

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
/usr/bin
Mar 6, 2005
Martin said:
If you guys are using it, I'd love to hear some opinions, problems etc.
No complaints, runs smooth as ever on my crap-ass laptop, and it looks cool :D

(Oh, and it's very functional as well :D)

EDIT: However, it *does* seem to have a few issues with laptop power management

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
SexualChocolate said:
No complaints, runs smooth as ever on my crap-ass laptop, and it looks cool :D

(Oh, and it's very functional as well :D)

EDIT: However, it *does* seem to have a few issues with laptop power management
I tried the livecd last night on my laptop and for some reason the wifi was connected automagically. Which is nice, hardware detection and all that, but what I can't figure out is how the bastard could connect to the network, which is supposed to be protected with a WEP key. :irritated

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Martin said:
I tried the livecd last night on my laptop and for some reason the wifi was connected automagically. Which is nice, hardware detection and all that, but what I can't figure out is how the bastard could connect to the network, which is supposed to be protected with a WEP key. :irritated
:lol2:

I've ordered a CD.

Chxta

Di nwayi
Nov 1, 2004
I ordered 20. 10 Ubuntu, 5 Kubuntu and 5 Edubuntu. Need to educate a lot of people around here about Linux.

Problem is I ordered them 2 weeks ago... Damn NIPOST!

Just downloaded Ubuntu. Will wait until the CDs arrive.

OP
OP
/usr/bin
Mar 6, 2005
Martin said:
:howler:

Hey, it's Ubuntu, it can do anything ;)

On the ShipIT issue.. last time I ordered it took 6 weeks.. and that's to Bahrain, even! So I guess you're alright, Cheta :tup:

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I recieved five cds yesterday (5.10) which I ordered like 2 months ago....

I never tried Ubuntu before so is 6.06 much of an upgrade? Or should I just settle with this one??

OP
OP
/usr/bin
Mar 6, 2005
Rami said:
I recieved five cds yesterday (5.10) which I ordered like 2 months ago....

I never tried Ubuntu before so is 6.06 much of an upgrade? Or should I just settle with this one??
Dapper is a huge improvement over Breezy (5.10)..

However, that said, Breezy is still excellent :D

Download a Dapper CD, ramsi.. It's not like you have limited bandwidth or anything :depressed (unless you're still on 56k? :D)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
SexualChocolate said:
Dapper is a huge improvement over Breezy (5.10)..

However, that said, Breezy is still excellent :D

Download a Dapper CD, ramsi.. It's not like you have limited bandwidth or anything :depressed (unless you're still on 56k? :D)
I got 512 dsl three weeks ago:toast:

Gimme a link. And I guess I would need instructions on how to burn it, as I think its not a direct burn, I have never tried it before ....but that could happen on msn;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well if you wanna improvise a bit, you could open the iso in a hex editor and manually burn holes in the plastic with a hand laser. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)