Kwadwo Asamoah (11 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
his is kind of frustrating at his lack of attacking options as a wingback... but his stamina , field covering and defensive are unquestioned.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
solid game from Asa, people underrate the stability and cohesion he brings to the team because of his lack of attacking flair.
Couldn't have said it better, and it's been my key point all along when it comes to this player. Sure, he may not be Roberto Carlos going forward, but defensively he's amazing and an attacker's worst nightmare. Makes us a lot safer at the back.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
When there's Lichtsteiner on the other spreading terror to the opponent from the other side, you can always expect Asamoah to have a solid game.

It's when Lichtsteiner is kept quiet that Asamoah's weaknesses come out, as that would make us try to switch our play from his side.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
When there's Lichtsteiner on the other spreading terror to the opponent from the other side, you can always expect Asamoah to have a solid game.

It's when Lichtsteiner is kept quiet that Asamoah's weaknesses come out, as that would make us try to switch our play from his side.
Or from the middle and it happens that we expose Pirlo who makes some fatal mistakes sometimes.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Couldn't have said it better, and it's been my key point all along when it comes to this player. Sure, he may not be Roberto Carlos going forward, but defensively he's amazing and an attacker's worst nightmare. Makes us a lot safer at the back.
:tup:

Replacing him with a "real" LWB is obviously not a priority for the club. And for good reason.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012

We'll be killed so easily in CL then, shut down Licht and Pirlo and we're over.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Besides Bayern last year (and maybe Barca in 2009), the best team doesnt always win the CL anyway. You need equal parts luck, form, injuries and loss of form to your opponents etc going your way. There is no reason why we couldn't win the CL this year if all these things happen for us, as "unlikely" as it may seem.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Besides Bayern last year (and maybe Barca in 2009), the best team doesnt always win the CL anyway. You need equal parts luck, form, injuries and loss of form to your opponents etc going your way. There is no reason why we couldn't win the CL this year if all these things happen for us, as "unlikely" as it may seem.
:agree: The CL is extremely luck based...

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
Anyone can be crushed in a game or over a tie, especially a team essentially in its CL debut season.

Not that Bayern really crushed us, they just took advantage of certain moments and had better attacking options.
Beside Dortmund, I think we gave them the hardest games in their season. They crushed Barca.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)