Krasic, the New Diego (9 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

There isn't anything more pathetic than hating on a player just because your butt-buddy Modric wasn't selected. We all know you feel insulted because you're a dimwitted Croat who should probably join Barkuss on the front-lines towards a dirt coffin, but you don't see me crying over the fact we didn't sign Bradley instead of Poulsen. That would be pathetic. Just like blaming Diego for our disaster of a season.

Your idiocy perturbs me, nothing else.
That was always a figment of your imagination. We never stood a chance of signing Modric because we couldn't afford it. I don't like Diego because he's a sad excuse for a player, just like you're a sad excuse for a person, and I like him even less because he cost us money. There's plenty of reasons not to like Diego, just ask any Woflsburg fan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Not always, but in some cases, yes.

Now who was the player of the season last year?
I thought you weren't interested? :confused:

Anyway, I have just checked my '09-'10 file, and my highest rated player was Chiellini. I thought guys like Legro, Marchisio, Buffon, Canna did better than Diego as well.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't think any manager in their right-mind would want to single out a certain player as the main threat. But when you use the straight 4-4-2, of course you're going to rely heavily on the wingers, it's the whole basis of the system. In some of these retarded 4-4-2's you have one winger who is completely attacking while another does some dirty work. In what way is that different from Diego's role? It's just that he's in the center of the pitch, Krasic is the main attacking outlet who happens to be on the right.

People love to say that the whole system last year was based on Diego, but as far as we know, the whole system this year was based on Krasic. Have none of you watched the actual matches? It's all Krasic attacks running the play, and that's going to happen because in the 4-4-2 your wingers are the focal point of the attack.

It's incredibly simple.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all really. I just think if you're saying a team is built around one player, it's purposely made like that. This seasons team was supposed to use Martinez on the left with Aquilani spreading the ball and Quag providing more opportunities for attack. Krasic and Quag were the only ones that weren't complete failures and as a result, the team seemed to be built around Krasic.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #124
    That was always a figment of your imagination. We never stood a chance of signing Modric because we couldn't afford it. I don't like Diego because he's a sad excuse for a player, just like you're a sad excuse for a person, and I like him even less because he cost us money. There's plenty of reasons not to like Diego, just ask any Woflsburg fan.
    There's a lot of sour grapes in there. Constantly bringing up Modric with regards to Diego is a sure sign of being a bit frustrated we didn't sign your boy. And by all means, we should have certainly signed the Luca.

I just wish you wouldn't lie.

Anyway, I have just checked my '09-'10 file, and my highest rated player was Chiellini. I thought guys like Legro, Marchisio, Buffon, Canna did better than Diego as well.
    Cannavaro was horrible for half the season, clearly the Real Canna we all feared. Legro? Please. Chiellini? Maybe. Marchisio... well, I'm not surprised by that. You seem to rate him higher than anybody on this forum.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

There's a lot of sour grapes in there. Constantly bringing up Modric with regards to Diego is a sure sign of being a bit frustrated we didn't sign your boy. And by all means, we should have certainly signed the Luca.

I just wish you wouldn't lie.
    But you just brought him up. :shifty:

Sour grapes? No. I can't be mad about something that was never a possibility. I'm bitter about not signing Modric as I'm bitter about not signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

:lol: Especially at Canna. Chiellini though has been our best player for a long time now IMO, in saying that Diego was always our protagonist going forward. It was Diego, and only Diego making a concerted effort to actually get the ball moving to our goal and I guess if he didn't perform at 100% he was always going to be the scapegoat.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #128
    But you just brought him up. :shifty:

Sour grapes? No. I can't be mad about something that was never a possibility. I'm bitter about not signing Modric as I'm bitter about not signing Cristiano Ronaldo.
    Then why did we always have those Modric vs. Diego arguments? Clearly you were pissed. That's fine, but don't hold it against Diego.

:lol: Especially at Canna. Chiellini though has been our best player for a long time now IMO, in saying that Diego was always our protagonist going forward. It was Diego, and only Diego making a concerted effort to actually get the ball moving to our goal and I guess if he didn't perform at 100% he was always going to be the scapegoat.
    Buck has a lot of weird ratings. I wouldn't be surprised if Grosso was a top five player for him this year.

Krasic had a better season than Diego and cost less. How is he the new Diego?
    It wasn't better at all. Krasic hasn't done ANYTHING since the new year.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Cannavaro was horrible for half the season, clearly the Real Canna we all feared. Legro? Please. Chiellini? Maybe. Marchisio... well, I'm not surprised by that. You seem to rate him higher than anybody on this forum.
    But who wasn't horrible for (almost) half the season?

Do you remember away to Napoli, home to Palermo, away to Chievo, home to Milan, away to Bari, home to Fiorentina, away to Palermo. Those are all games were Diego was, for me at least, absolutely terrible. Not just bad or mediocre. And that's not even talking about how he performed in the CL.

And, in case you don't understand it, I don't even think Canna, Marchisio, Buffon or Legro had a good season last year, because they didn't. But I do think they were "better" than Diego.
    The only player who had a good season (mind you, not excellent) was Chiellini. Unlike this season, sadly.

Edit: seems like a lot of people, for whatever reason, think that when you say player A performed better than player B, that automatically means that player A must have been good. Odd.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Buck has a lot of weird ratings. I wouldn't be surprised if Grosso was a top five player for him this year.
    Can't disagree on Marchisio though. If there's one player that knows how to stay in the same place for 90 minutes straight, its out boy Claudio. Kudos.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
    And you would be wrong, because Krasic hasn't been effective whatsoever since November and the system is indeed built around him. The majority of the play goes through him and he's the main attacking outlet in midfield.
    The system wasn't "built" specifically for him (Krasic). He was to be a part of it. A big part, sure, but just a part. It's because of poor choices to complement him on the opposite flank (Lanzafame, Martinez, Pepe, Marchisio) that he's become ineffective, what with teams stifling him with multiple players at once, and no one to relieve the pressure. That "all our play goes through him" now wasn't intended at all.

Diego, on the other hand, was to be the focal point of the team and had the formation arranged around him as the "1" in the 4-3-1-2.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
    Not necessarily. Most 4-4-2 teams rely more heavily on wingers. It just so happens that he is our only winger and that there aren't any other attacking outlets. That wasn't a plan conjured up by Delneri or Marotta to single out Krasic as our main attacking player its just a result of Marotta's incompetence to supply this 4-4-2 with two wingers, a proper passing midfielder and a good SS.. all attacking outlets in themselves.
    Wow, I guess you already said exactly what I did...

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    It's odd that Andy claims that Krasic is the focal point of the team. He might have eventually turned out to be our only attacking threat, but that doesn't mean the team was built for him. With Diego it was a lot different.

Edit: And I said it after two others said the exact same thing :D

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    The system wasn't "built" specifically for him (Krasic). He was to be a part of it. A big part, sure, but just a part. It's because of poor choices to complement him on the opposite flank (Lanzafame, Martinez, Pepe, Marchisio) that he's become ineffective, what with teams stifling him with multiple players at once, and no one to relieve the pressure. That "all our play goes through him" now wasn't intended at all.

Diego, on the other hand, was to be the focal point of the team and had the formation arranged around him as the "1" in the 4-3-1-2.
    And how well do you think the rest of the team was complementing Diego last season? I would say he had maybe even less support then Krasic has had.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
    And how well do you think the rest of the team was complementing Diego last season? I would say he had maybe even less support then Krasic has had.
    Obviously very poorly.

We had handicapped fullbacks (still do) not offering much in the way of forward runs; essential in this formation. A goal-shy Amauri who had forgotten completely how to move in general. Not to mention a Bidone-winning Melo and a flimsy Marchisio not offering much in the way of support from the center.

However, it still doesn't change the fact that we went 4-3-1-2 specifically for Diego. We didn't go 4-4-2 specifically for Krasic, which is my only point.

I was against Diego's sale and thought he deserved another shot.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Then why did we always have those Modric vs. Diego arguments? Clearly you were pissed. That's fine, but don't hold it against Diego.
    We were having those because Diego fanboys like you laughed at my statement Modric is a more complete player and more suited for us than Diego. Modric was my personal preference at the time but doesn't mean we were in any position to sign him. And yeah I was pissed but not because we signed Diego, I wished him all the best when he came, I was pissed because ignorant posters and FM players passed judgement on a player who they've seen play 2 times in their life and at the same time glorified a player who was never that good to begin with.

Which only goes to show what I've been saying for ages, Diego was not the man to build a team around him. We were going from a 4-4-2 we were used to for decades, to a system we were unfamiliar with for just one player who comanded that system. Had we not bought Diego and instead bought a winger to replace Nedved, kept Zanetti instead of spending money on Melo, with which we could have bought a replacement for Camo, we would have finished better and spent less money.

Diego was to blame for not only playing like shit himself, but indirectly for making the whole team play like shit becaue they were playing something they didn't know and we never had the players for. It's cause and effect, you buy a player like Diego for 25m you gotta suit your formation to him. That was our downfall.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Diego was a victim, as is Krasic. Having shitty players around you never helps your cause. Even Messi would struggle when paired with the likes of Marchisio, Aquilani, and especially Pepe in midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)