Krasic, the New Diego (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I remember a lot of people were conned into believing that Diego was the major problem from last season. People said we built the team around Diego, he failed, and that's why we had such a horrendous season. When he was sold, people were happy. Now here we are once again, another deplorable season has ended, and our top player has been anything but inspiring. To me, Krasic has done less than Diego with regards to their Winter and Spring sessions at the club.

So my question is, where are all those that said Diego was a disaster and that he deserved to be sold? Does Krasic deserve to be sold as well? A lot of the same people claimed Krasic was the better player, but in no way has he had a better second half to the season than Diego after the New Year. Milos has been a disaster.

And for those that claim the system isn't centered around Krasic like it was with Diego -- sorry, incorrect. Our main attacking outlet is Krasic, just like it was with Diego, and we field the 4-4-2 because DelNeri adores it. Who did we purchase to make that system happen? Milos Krasic. He was bought for the system and we base our midfield play primarily through him, especially when Marchisio was used out left. So whaddaya say now? Sell Krasic as well? I want objective opinions on this... based on your same reasoning for selling Diego. No hypocrisy, please.

Full disclosure -- in no way do I want to sell Krasic. He's a talented player and it would be moronic to let him go, just like it was with Diego.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 2, 2005
Diego deserved another chance, even though he was our best player
just check the stats thread Alen did for the 2009-2010 season, Diego was on bar with Del Piero or better with 1 or 2 more goal/assist.

Krasic is also our best player this season, I would not sell him even for 25 mln

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    But why don't you see the same level of hate directed towards Milos as with Diego? They're essentially the same story.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
    Jul 12, 2006
    when teams figure out your only strong point its not that hard to stop, it happened to Diego and it will keep happening to Krasic until we get quality players around him

May 4, 2004
    I agree.. And I really don't think many where for the selling of Diego.. Ofc some where happy, but alot of members here where angry to see Diego leave.. He was imo better for us then Krasic has been this year.. That said, I'm very happy to have Krasic here.. And the summer break will do him well.. It would have been amazing had we kept Diego and Giovinco plus still doing the Krasic signing.. But hey, shit happens with shitheads at this club (board)..

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    I totally agree, I was never for selling Diego and he had a better season here than Krasic has IMO.
    So why don't people call for selling him, too? Might as well. Folks blamed Diego for supposedly changing the system to accommodate him, so it's a similar story with Krasic.

Well I don't know if it has anything to do but we spent 10 M euros more on Diego than on Krasic.
    That's about the same amount as we'll spend for Pepe. Melo has had a great second season and commanded the same sort of transfer fee as Diego. What's to say the latter wouldn't have been better this year as well? He probably would have, considering he'd be more accustomed with the league and team, along with having an outlet for the right-flank.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    But why don't you see the same level of hate directed towards Milos as with Diego? They're essentially the same story.
    Most of the hate directed towards Diego came after we sold him. Don't worry, if we sell Krasic he'll be hated too.

But I lost too many nerves when we sold Diego and lots of harsh words were said, so I choose not to even think about that stupidity Marotta did. With Diego, Giovinco and 4-2-3-1 we might have had the same season we had, but there was gonna be more potential in the team for the next season and it was gonna be easier to create a very good team because we were only gonna need to fix the defense and add a striker (if we kept Diego and Seba, Amauri was gonna be our main striker).

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I think Diego experienced further pressure because of his position, and the all the hype, he was viewed as the focal point of the team.

Still, I stand by what I said about selling him and Trezeguet being a retarded move.

Sep 30, 2006
    IMO no player has a chance to shine in such environment..and under a coach with such a losing-mentality..even those who seem to be extremely bad..ok maybe they are not great players but they are not as disastrous as they seem..Motta for instance..I'm quite sure he was much better before coming here..and he will become better also with whatever club he will join if he left..same as molinaro..who seemed to be the worst player in Juventus history..but yet he was way better when he joined hamburg..the same rule applies for most of the players..we don't have a great team..but with the same players we could have achieved fourth-position easily with a better coach and a better mentality...let's say better environment for playing generally

Aug 2, 2005
    I know Krasic went missing in matches, got it wrong in others, but to e honest, even Messi, Ronaldo, etc, would have fucked up in this team,

Imagine if Krasic had someone like Aguero in front of him, and Pirlo with his accurate long ball passes. and a good LM and decent RB who can defend and support the attack when needed.

Although Diego was not bad, I am sure all the attack was partially because his presence didn't allow Giovinco to play. not to mention that we demanded from him to carry a fallen team

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    Most of the hate directed towards Diego came after we sold him. Don't worry, if we sell Krasic he'll be hated too.
    Nah, there was a lot of hate of him over the summer, before he was sold. People always used him as the scapegoat for our poor season considering we "changed the system" for him. Many also said Diego sucked and it was only his fault, yet I really don't see many claiming the same for Krasic. Why is that?

After he was sold, everyone hated Diego apart from a handful of folks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)