Krasic, the New Diego (2 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I agree with Alen on that game against Napoli. It was our end with Camo injury, after that it was pointless to continue with 4-2-3-1.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
More talented maybe, but Krasic is more useful
Krasic is one dimensional and predictable player, a month in the season and opponents already figured him out.
You could claim that he lacked support from our RBs in terms of overlapping, or the fact most of our attack is directed through the right side because we don't have proper LWs, but the guy is predictable. Diego although he ran circles around himself for the sake of acting like he is doing something, but he was more effective, better passer, effective from set pieces and has a tendency to track back when were under pressure

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I liked Diego despite of everything and I was mad when they sold him, but as for set pieces he wasn't very good. His corners were terrible, always to high, free kicks to much effort, but in the end I liked him, and was dissapointed with his departure. Krasic on the other hand played better then him providing more goals and assists obviously, but his problem is also our problem, and that's lack of options. Our opponents identified him as a main threat and doubled and sometimes tripled him. You can have as many dimensions as you want but in those conditions you are unable to do anything. If we had some decent right back who could put some pressure off Krasic or if other side of midfield had more talent in it then Krasic would be given more space, and that is when he is devastating whith his speed and pace.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Surely if he was more effective he'd have better stats? Considering he took set pieces he had 1 more assist and 2 less goals...
You can't judge everything by stats and specifically direct assists, Diego is more effective when it comes to building up the attack than Krasic. I wish we could get a summary of how many goals and chances that went through Diego (the 2nd or the 3rd last player to touch the ball) before scoring. Things like that are usually are not kept in records, and fans tend to ignore and just focus on the guy who scores, or the guy who made the last pass, eventhough there might be a guy that had to pull a superb play before the last pass.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You can't judge everything by stats and specifically direct assists, Diego is more effective when it comes to building up the attack than Krasic. I wish we could get a summary of how many goals and chances that went through Diego (the 2nd or the 3rd last player to touch the ball) before scoring. Things like that are usually are not kept in records, and fans tend to ignore and just focus on the guy who scores, or the guy who made the last pass, eventhough there might be a guy that had to pull a superb play before the last pass.
And how do you judge player. Diego plays as an offensive midfielder so assists and goals is what is expected of him. It may not be all his fault. I debated at another forum trying to defend Diego, but in the end he was meant to be our pivotal player and he failed. You can say too much pressure was put on him, needed time to adapt but there were more games where he played bad than a good ones. In the end it became clear that Diego as Trequartista cannot succede in Italy. Maybe again one dimension of our team became too obvious for oppositions.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
And how do you judge player. Diego plays as an offensive midfielder so assists and goals is what is expected of him. It may not be all his fault. I debated at another forum trying to defend Diego, but in the end he was meant to be our pivotal player and he failed. You can say too much pressure was put on him, needed time to adapt but there were more games where he played bad than a good ones. In the end it became clear that Diego as Trequartista cannot succede in Italy. Maybe again one dimension of our team became too obvious for oppositions.
An effective player doesn't have to only score goals and assist, the player contribute through building the attack, he might get the 2nd or the 3rd last touch on the ball before scoring, but his name won't be on the record sheets. Add to it, Diego is a play maker, not a trequartista. Using him as a replacement for Alex was a big mistake

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Krasic is one dimensional and predictable player, a month in the season and opponents already figured him out.
You could claim that he lacked support from our RBs in terms of overlapping, or the fact most of our attack is directed through the right side because we don't have proper LWs, but the guy is predictable. Diego although he ran circles around himself for the sake of acting like he is doing something, but he was more effective, better passer, effective from set pieces and has a tendency to track back when were under pressure
List me Krasic's options when our 2 strikers float both to the back post and await his crosses, our RB does not cross half and our CMs walk around the park.

How does he become unpredictable?

Hey, here's a newsflash:

All wingers that rely on pace are predictable. But if you use them right, they are deadly. If you keep bludgeoning them against triple teams, they become predictable and useless.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
In Werder Diego played as classic number 10 between two attackers, so we tried to do exactly the same in Italy, let him play trequartista. We can compare Diego to Snaijder from shinter and you will see the difference. They played on the same role but the latter one succeded. In fact Diego played more as a playmaker than trequartista as I recall but there was no final product from him. The last pass ussually got intercepted, his shots were lame, too much dwelling on the ball and all that from a player who played 84 games and scored 38 goals in three seasons with Werder just in Bundesliga. But enough of this as it happens lately that every player who comes here fails so something is probably wrong maybe with us.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
List me Krasic's options when our 2 strikers float both to the back post and await his crosses, our RB does not cross half and our CMs walk around the park.

How does he become unpredictable?

Hey, here's a newsflash:

All wingers that rely on pace are predictable. But if you use them right, they are deadly. If you keep bludgeoning them against triple teams, they become predictable and useless.
I already mention that the RBs don't help him, and the fact our left side is dead because we are using a CM (Marchisio) or an incompotent LW(Pepe) isn't helping Krasic too, because everything has to go through Krasic's side, but the guy is predictable, no creativity when it comes to building up the attack

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Krasic has speed, pace, enough creativity to go past his marker, but if he had better shot, more inteligence, strength then he would be as good as CR or Messi. I'm not saying he is perfect player, but comparing to Pepe or Martinez he invented football, and had definetely better season then Diego even in games where some people have seen him play bad, I saw good crosses and good runs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)