Krasic, the New Diego (3 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Cutting our losses. Diego doesn't strike me as a player who has Melo's never-give up attitude. I doubt it he could have picked up after last year's performance and the whole pitch whistling him.
That's so not true. Diego ran and fought on the field almost more than anyone.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That's so not true. Diego ran and fought on the field almost more than anyone.
I'm talking of mentality, the ability to pick yourself up and improve after you hit rock-bottom, not work-rate on the pitch(which is the only thing Diego surprised me with).

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'm talking of mentality, the ability to pick yourself up and improve after you hit rock-bottom, not work-rate on the pitch(which is the only thing Diego surprised me with).
Ah okay. But if I remember correctly wasn't he voted as the best Juventus player last year? Poll that was made by either GDS or Tuttosport.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Then thats weird, that you singled out Melo, him if anyone was case of someone who's performance relies entirely on his confidence/mood, he self-destructed previous season because the fans was against him, or a decision went against him. Considerably more iffy in that part then Diego. Litterally became inconsistent because his head was off.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Then thats weird, that you singled out Melo, him if anyone was case of someone who's performance relies entirely on his confidence/mood, he self-destructed previous season because the fans was against him, or a decision went against him. Considerably more iffy in that part then Diego. Litterally became inconsistent because his head was off.
I didn't single him out, you did. I said both were flops and I don't know why Melo wasn't sold but Diego was; maybe because of his attitude or loss of suitors.

Melo's whacked in the head sure, but he's a much stronger character than Diego, IMO.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Maybe because the hype around Krasic before arriving here is 38 times less than the hype around Diego was before arriving to the club? Have you considered this factor?
yea, and Diego before he arrived to our club, was 38 times better player and played 38 times better than Krasic has

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
We should have kept Diego AND bring in Krasic. Play a 4 2 3 1 with Giovinco on the left as well and you would have had a MUCH better season. Fucking Marotta, selling our greatest asset for nothing.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Andy, ma' dear, when will you start making sense for a change? :D

Great posts V.

I was one of those who wanted Diego over Modric probably because I had barely seen Modric play. With a proper coach plus players who could fit well in 4-3-1-2, I'd have definitely given Diego another chance mostly because we were not going to sell him with a price anywhere near to 25m. Considering how we finished the season and also the way we wasted the money we got by selling Diego (Martinez), it appears to me that we made a big mistake which could have been avoided had we replaced Diego by two decent wingers (Krasic + LW). I'm not going to compare Krasic with Diego though, granted, Diego also played in a bad team under the wrong coach but Krasic this season looked way more promising to me than the Diego of last year.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
boo hoo go cry me a river you fan boy

DEL PIERO OUT!
:confused: why?

Del Piero is a symbol for this club....

In regards to Diego...we should have kept his ass. Yes, I still think he's a beast and given a second chance we would have finished alot higher this season. But if we never signed him we would have never gotten quaq so yea...

Mar 10, 2009
thank out for the edit button, because I knew knew fan boys would point out typos rather than debate why me reason was wrong.

enough with this backwards mentality, we need to focus on younger a fresher players on the future. Del Piero? I like him my favourite player of all time, but his time is up, even if we were to have a super sub I'd rather give it someone like giovinco.

@ Kasaki

I don't hate Del Piero, how could I, I'm a Juve fan? But enough is enough, it's this backward mentality which is killing Italian teams. We need to focus on fresher generation, players with pace, players who can lead Juve in the next couple of years. Del Piero? we can give him some backstage job, but I don't want to see him playing anymore.

I don't find it a coincidence that both giovinco and Diego were sold/loaned this summer either. In Del Neri's own words: "Del Piero is my Diego" remember that?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Maybe it was only a coincidence, but all went to hell the moment Ciro dropped it.

We did lack fullbacks for that formation, but in the last 5-10 years I don't remember us playing better and more exciting football than in those matches where we played 4-2-3-1 with Giovinco, Diego and Camo behind a striker.
We had to build on that, but Ciro chickened out when Del Piero came back from the injury and after that we know what happened. That was the infamous match away to Bordeaux. The very moment when our free fall started.
:lol2:

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
thank out for the edit button, because I knew knew fan boys would point out typos rather than debate why me reason was wrong.

enough with this backwards mentality, we need to focus on younger a fresher players on the future. Del Piero? I like him my favourite player of all time, but his time is up, even if we were to have a super sub I'd rather give it someone like giovinco.

@ Kasaki

I don't hate Del Piero, how could I, I'm a Juve fan? But enough is enough, it's this backward mentality which is killing Italian teams. We need to focus on fresher generation, players with pace, players who can lead Juve in the next couple of years. Del Piero? we can give him some backstage job, but I don't want to see him playing anymore.

I don't find it a coincidence that both giovinco and Diego were sold/loaned this summer either. In Del Neri's own words: "Del Piero is my Diego" remember that?
I get what your saying but a legend like Del Piero should never be forced out..and DP is slowing down but still has class. I don't expect him to start this upcoming season.
Oh. and Giovinco was his replacement now we ruined it :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)