Juventus Intrested in Mexes ! (4 Viewers)

OP
Pinturrichio

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #81
    about mexes i think he would be a great addition to our squad.. however just wanted to point out why i think juventus should build on an italian squad... and this doesnt necessary imply our youth players.. but i think we should have the bulk of our squad italian players... i dont think its a coincidence that the main players of the last 2 world cups won by italy were all juventus players at that time.. nor i think its a coincidence that the last 3 pallone doro won by italian players - rossi, baggio, cannavaro.. all juventus players ( cannavaro real madrid player but he won the pallone doro with his time at juventus and with italy ) ... not to mention that these teams all coincided with some great achivements for juventus.. the champions league of 1985 and 2 years always at the top of the serie a in the capello era ... not to mention our last champions league with the tridente del piero vialli and ravanelli up front, with peruzzi in goal, torricelli and di livo on the flanks.. and so on... thats why i hope that the juventus staff wont focus to much on french players only, cause history shows how the bulk of national domestic players count, watch chelsea with lampard and terry, there 2 main players, or barca with xavi, puyol, valdes, iniesta.. all spanish players.. or when united won the treble with players like gerry nevile, sheringa, david bechcam and so on.. and i think to build a new eara we need to focus on italian players and not french players..... just my opinion :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Pinturrichio said:
    about mexes i think he would be a great addition to our squad.. however just wanted to point out why i think juventus should build on an italian squad... and this doesnt necessary imply our youth players.. but i think we should have the bulk of our squad italian players... i dont think its a coincidence that the main players of the last 2 world cups won by italy were all juventus players at that time.. nor i think its a coincidence that the last 3 pallone doro won by italian players - rossi, baggio, cannavaro.. all juventus players ( cannavaro real madrid player but he won the pallone doro with his time at juventus and with italy ) ... not to mention that these teams all coincided with some great achivements for juventus.. the champions league of 1985 and 2 years always at the top of the serie a in the capello era ... not to mention our last champions league with the tridente del piero vialli and ravanelli up front, with peruzzi in goal, torricelli and di livo on the flanks.. and so on... thats why i hope that the juventus staff wont focus to much on french players only, cause history shows how the bulk of national domestic players count, watch chelsea with lampard and terry, there 2 main players, or barca with xavi, puyol, valdes, iniesta.. all spanish players.. or when united won the treble with players like gerry nevile, sheringa, david bechcam and so on.. and i think to build a new eara we need to focus on italian players and not french players..... just my opinion :)
    I'm with you all the way and so is Deschamps according to a very recent interview. So if it's possible (depending on if we can actually come to terms with other clubs for their world class Italian players) I'm sure we'll continue as before.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
    Im am with this core Italian players but let us be real ...right now there isnt much Juventus material Italian player ..i mean World Class players. Up till now there isnt anyone who is capable to replace either Canna or Nesta in CB,and Barzagli he is just like abother Boumsong. When it comes to attackers the only player i think worth buying at the moment is Pazzini and theres no quality Italian wingers.Right now the only Italian player i think worth buying is Dessena of Parma. He isnt really world class yet but he have the potential and i think Chielini will be one of the best LB in the world. I just hope at least either 1 of Marchisio or De Ceglie comes good in the future but building a team of core Italian players right now doesnt look promising at all.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    juve88 said:
    what????????+what are juve thinking man...first we went after barza, givet..and now him...i dont want another zlatan dud in juve.....we already have boumsong, kovac, legeo, and many more youngster.............
    Kovač is 34 years old, Legro, Tudor and Zebina are all just solid defenders and injury prone (which makes them useless), and Boumsong I´m not sure he´s good enough for Serie A.

Conclusion: We need 2 class defenders, and Mexes is definitely one of them.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Morra10 said:
    real have ramos and canna so where would mexes fit in?

Cannavaro isn't getting any younger and I don't beleive he has exactly been on red hot form(see vLyon). Anyway if you want to be a top team you have more than 2 good centre halves. Thought Real played Ramos at right back as well? Might be wrong

Jul 28, 2002
    Mexes is not a new young italian wonderkid defender.

Money should be spent on one of those, unfortunately there arent many of them.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Orgut said:
    Mexes would be good and someone tell me what happened with Coloccini
    Where does he play now and is he any good?
    I think he plays for Deportivo, don´t know how good.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    aod1984 said:
    Im am with this core Italian players but let us be real ...right now there isnt much Juventus material Italian player ..i mean World Class players. Up till now there isnt anyone who is capable to replace either Canna or Nesta in CB,and Barzagli he is just like abother Boumsong. When it comes to attackers the only player i think worth buying at the moment is Pazzini and theres no quality Italian wingers.Right now the only Italian player i think worth buying is Dessena of Parma. He isnt really world class yet but he have the potential and i think Chielini will be one of the best LB in the world. I just hope at least either 1 of Marchisio or De Ceglie comes good in the future but building a team of core Italian players right now doesnt look promising at all.
    I'd add Alessandro Rosina to that list. He's definitly a future star.

OP
    Pinturrichio

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #96
    Ramin said:
    I'd add Alessandro Rosina to that list. He's definitly a future star.
    i doubt torino will ever be intrestend in trading with juventus.. however rosina is a realy intresting player, he is fast, great teqnique, i really like him and i think he can suit very good in a juventus squad... id like to see one of van der waart or sneider at juventus... we definetely need a creative offensive midfield player, apart from the ovbious need of a defensive midfielder such as mascherano..

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    #10 said:
    Mexes is not a new young italian wonderkid defender.

Money should be spent on one of those, unfortunately there arent many of them.
    there are not many good young defenders anyway...and the really good ones like Chivu wont be available

Nedved17

Jul 16, 2006
    Orgut said:
    Mexes would be good and someone tell me what happened with Coloccini
    Where does he play now and is he any good?
    Yes Collocini plays in Deportivo la Coruna. He was also in Argentina's world-cup team last summer, but he didn't play a lot. In my opinnion he would be great player in Serie B but I'm not sure can he play in the top of Serie A....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)