Juventus Intrested in Mexes ! (2 Viewers)

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
Don Bes said:
no they didnt. torino relegated and all their players' contracts got annulled
Out of curiosity, why didn't any of our players' contracts have that annulment clause? Just because no one ever imagined that Juve would go down?

Jan 7, 2004
mark83 said:
they couldnt come up with the money to stay in seria a.

Wraith said:
Out of curiosity, why didn't any of our players' contracts have that annulment clause? Just because no one ever imagined that Juve would go down?
from what i understand is that since we sold quite a bit we had enough money to pay the players. basically if we had gone in serie c then the contracts would have been annulled.

some other memeber maybe will offer more accurate info on the issue

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Wraith said:
torino got relegated because of financial irregularities while we got relegated for "cheating". Different story.

Geof

May 14, 2004
sports.it

Juve, nuova offerta a Mexes
29 11 2006
La Juventus, come il Milan, ha messo tra i suoi obiettivi di mercato per la difesa, Philippe Mexes. Il difensore francese è ritenuto da Deschamps il principale rinforzo per la retroguardia bianconera.

Il francese ha il contratto in scadenza nel 2008 e potrebbe liberarsi con una clausola di rescissione da 10.5 milioni di euro, con la Juve che cerca chiaramente di sedurre il giocatore offrendogli un ingaggio superiore a quello che potrebbe permettersi la Roma.

Juve in bid for Mexes ... blablabla... contract until 2008, release clause 10,5M Euro... blabla.... Juve want to give him a bigger wage than Roma can afford.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
mark83 said:
They traded Balzaretti with us, though.
Traded?? We got Balza for free! Here is an interview he had with someone at channel4.com : -

In Turin, unlike Milan, players rarely transfer between the city’s two teams, least of all individuals who had spent their entire life at one and had been earmarked as a future captain of that team. However, on August 18 that trend broke when Federico Balzaretti became only the seventh Torino player to cross over to Juventus.

He is in limited but illustrious company. Riccardo Carapellese’s move in 1952 was followed by Luigi Simoni in the 1960s, before Italian international Aldo Serena made the switch across the Po in 1985 much to the wrath of Toro supporters. In 1994, captain Luca Fusi and Croatian Robert Jarni joined Juventus as the Granata sold virtually everything including the club’s furniture to avoid bankruptcy. The last example was Gianluca Pessotto who switched in 1995 and has been a Juventus stalwart for well over a decade.

Balzaretti’s case is different. Unlike other ex-Toro youth players such as Dino Baggio and Christian Vieri, who went on to join the Bianconeri after being sold to other clubs, Balzaretti made the switch directly. He had spent his entire life at Torino having come through the various youth systems from the age of seven, had played over 100 times for the side and was set to become club captain for the next decade.

When Torino went bankrupt in August 2005, fans expected the players to find new clubs. Most hoped that Balzaretti would stay or at the very least join a club that was not a direct rival. “I was very hurt by the way things ended at Torino,” admitted Balzaretti. “Franco Cimminelli and President Attilio Romero promised that the club would be saved having known all along it would not be possible. It was like an open wound had been cut after working so hard to gain promotion.”

Balzaretti revealed the consortium that took over the club was not fast enough in trying to secure his services. “I had no offers from the new Torino and was therefore free to make my decision.” The left-back was linked with Lazio, Treviso and Parma before a move to Roma seemed on the verge of completion.

However, there was to be a sting in the tale when, after a meeting which lasted just a few hours, Balzaretti was suddenly a Juve player. “It was an offer I couldn’t turn down,” said the 24-year-old. “My girlfriend was about to give birth to our first child, Lucrezia, and we wanted to stay near my family. Juventus made me the promise that I would not be sent out on loan and the chance of playing with such champions and for one of the world’s most important clubs was too much to turn down - even at the risk of not playing regularly.”

Having been the Torino fans’ idol and symbol last season, as well as having witnessed a tragic summer which at the time had not reached its happier conclusion, Toro supporters were understandably upset with this mark of treachery. Death threats were amongst some of the remarks made to Balzaretti, a player who had always enjoyed a close relationship with the Curva.

“I learnt to deal with the threats,” continued Balzaretti. “Intelligent people will understand my decision, the others never will. After a few weeks things got easier and I can now live a normal life again.” In the heated Torino summer, the Balzaretti affair was a small chapter and consequently the left-back avoided what could have been a more awkward situation. When the dust settled, however, it seemed unclear why Juve had signed him.

Although undoubtedly a talented player, Balzaretti seemed surplus to requirements for Juve who in Gianluca Zambrotta, Balza’s hero, and international Giorgio Chiellini already had sufficient cover at left-back and on the right-hand side had Alessandro Birindelli, Jonathan Zebina, Gianluca Pessotto and the recently converted full-back, Manuele Blasi.

“Balzaretti is a talented player who can play on the left or the right,” said Juve director general Luciano Moggi. “He will have to be patient but he will get his chance.” So far Balzaretti’s chances have been limited, but had it not been for some personal problems he probably would have enjoyed more opportunities.

Balzaretti came through the Torino ranks, winning a Coppa Italia with the youth team before making his mark during loan spells at Varese and then Siena. In three seasons back at Torino, he made the left-back berth his own, impressing above all for his never-say-die-spirit and athleticism.

A player who can move from defence to attack at will, Balzaretti is a modern full-back but one who hasn’t learnt the art of crossing which continues to be his downfall. “I need to demonstrate that I’m worthy of being a Juventus player. Training with someone like Zambrotta can only help me develop. However, I have settled in very well and it’s a club where everyone helps each other out.”

In a way everyone is happy, Juventus have a player who like Pessotto could become a cornerstone for a decade, while Torino shirt sellers are more than willing to be making a packet out of ‘Balzaretti Traditore’ T-shirts.
Words: Peter Bourne - December 2005

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
zoom - galleria Milan have apparently offered Kakha Kaladze to Roma to arrive to the French central defender Philippe Mexes. The Rossoneri have allegedly contacted the player's agent, Olivier Jouanneaux, who has also been contacted by Juventus.

Both teams have offered Mexes a 5-year-deal of 2 million Euros per year, but the Rossoneri have the advantage that they are also offering Kaladze as part-exchange. More will be known in the next hours, with the Rossoneri highly active in the transfer market and being linked to various players, mainly defenders and strikers.

These rumours have not yet been confirmed, but with Milan's urgency to sign a central defender, anything is possible.

If the deal does go through, then Juventus will have to look elsewhere to sign the much needed central defender for next season.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=200180

Looks like we have competition....

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
We messed up! Roma only got Mexes because we beat Roma for the signing of ...........Wait for it. Leggrotaglie. So Roma then opted for Mexes. Then after 4 months we realised how crap Legro was and has hardly ever featured for us since. So to get Mexes now is going to be alot harder. Money talks on this one im affraid. So that eh.........Counts us out.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Juventus are loaded. It's just a matter of interest from the Agnelli family.
they dont seem too keen to put their hands in their pockets though, they just got used to us being self-sufficient and now they have their own problems, they've gone down hill since gianni and umberto....

Jan 7, 2004
We messed up! Roma only got Mexes because we beat Roma for the signing of ...........Wait for it. Leggrotaglie. So Roma then opted for Mexes. Then after 4 months we realised how crap Legro was and has hardly ever featured for us since. So to get Mexes now is going to be alot harder. Money talks on this one im affraid. So that eh.........Counts us out.

you are wrong. it was chivu. which is worse of course

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Mexes set for Milan? Saturday 30 December, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reports from Italy suggest that Milan are willing to offer Kakha Kaladze plus a cash sum in order to sign French stopper Philippe Mexes.

The Rossoneri are looking to strengthen their depleted defence in the January transfer window and with a deal for Massimo Oddo looking complicated it has been suggested they will move for Mexes.

It is rumoured that the Diavoli will have to outbid Juventus, who have allegedly offered the Toulouse-born defender a five-year deal worth around £1.3m per season.
However, Milan may have the advantage in negotiations if they are willing to offer Georgia international Kaladze.

There had been whispers that Milan may chase Barcelona stopper Juliano Belletti should they fail to sign Oddo, but Belletti’s brother Sandro – who acts as his agent – has denied any approach took place.

“I’ve had no contact with Milan,” he claimed. “Juliano has a contract with Barcelona for two more years and will give his all for the club.

“He would only listen to other offers if Barcelona decided to cancel his contract,” he concluded.

Channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)