Juve mercato 08-09 vote: The Final Frontier (6 Viewers)

Juve mercato 08-09 vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
1.Corluka
2.Ivanovic
3.Campagnaro(highly underrated)

were the first that came to my mind.
Ćorluka and/or Marquez could have been bought with a little more effort. Then again, we're talking about Cbs here so i'd take Vedran off the list because he's a RB. I want a CB to play alongside Chiellini , not some versatile guy who can play CB among other positions.

I see the names of Ivanovic, Garay, Santacroce being mentioned. We have a young defender in Chiellini and after the Criscito disaster i'm pretty sure nobody in Juve wanted to take a risk with another inexperienced defender. And we have to admit that guys like Garay or Ivanovic may be talented but they are inexperienced, they'll be a risk and we can't take many risks in CB.

We had to go for someone proven and there weren't many proven CBs available. Marquez is the only name i could think of that is proven, quality defender and that could have been bought this summer.

I'm a huge critic of Legro but match after match he's been proving me wrong. Lippi confirms that Legro played great lately and he called him in the NT.
So, Legro-Chiellini is pretty good actually and our coach probably thought that all we need in CB is a back up player. That's why we bought back up's who won't object if they spend time on the bench.

But if buying Mellberg and Knezevic can be excused and justified, there is no excuse for not strenghtening the flanks with starters. This is the main problem in our defense, it's the LB and the RB, not the CB position (even though i'd like Marquez).

Ćorluka, Marquez and Grosso......all cost under 10m euro and with some 20-25m euro we would have really strenghtened our defense.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
alen i got a question
you said you dont want versatile CBs...hm..Marquez plays as DM quite often though:/
I said i don't want us to buy Cbs if their original position isn't Cb. There are examples (especially later in their career) when full backs become great Cbs, but i'd still stick with someone who played CB most of his life. Ćorluka, Zebina, Grygera etc can play CB as well, but i believe it's clear that that's not where they can offer the most.
Marquez is versatile, he can also play a full back and a DMC, but it's clear that his best position is in the center of defense and that's the position where he played most of his career.
Plus, he reads the game perfectly. He's very intelligent defender. That's the kind of defender that will complement Giorgio and make our defense perfect.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
When will people realize that Diego wan't an option at all?Poulsen wasn't the 2nd,3rd or 4th option,we could've bought Xabi as we had the money but Ranieri went for Poulsen at the end which makes him the 1st option.

Now tell me how the fook is Knezevic the worst transfer?He costs us basically nothing and looked good in the pre-season.How do you even rate him?Did you watch Livorno's last season?

Manninger is a very solid back-up keeper.Did you expect us to sign Akinfeev as the 2nd keeper?

BTW I find it highly amusing how some people rate the players with their calculations(2,78+8,38/2):lol:
+REP !

i did not bother to answer that post off ess-juventino, but i actually had answered the same thing!

Triptonite

Jun 12, 2007
taken from channel4...

Nedved believes the summer has been a positive one for Juve, whose most notable addition was star striker Amauri.

“I think we are in a better position than last year because we have had an excellent transfer campaign and some quality players have arrived.

“But the real talismanic figures like Del Piero and Gigi Buffon are also still here. They are players that have given so much for this shirt.

“After everything that happened regarding the Calciopoli scandal we are stronger inside and we will be very tough to beat.”

I think that Nedved is the more competent than all of us to give a mark to the transfer campaign. So pump up those grades a little bit. Don't be so harsh on our Juve.

This will be a very interesting season for all of us :flag2:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Why does nobody talk about Andrade anymore, if he returns, we have two good CB's and a good backups with Legro and Mellberg.
Don't know IF he can retrun to his old level, but if he can, we are ok with Chiellini and Andrade.
Our RB is Zebina with Grygera as backup, decent enough for me so I only see problems with our LB, aka Molinaro. We took the risk with De Ceglie, let's see how he can perform whe given a chance.

It might not be scudetto material, but to reach the second round of the CL (or at least, the Uefa cup if we would fail to end 1st of 2nd) and challenge for 2nd - 4th place, this should be good enough.
The board always said it was a 3-5 year plan to get back to a SerieA/CL competitor so I guess we just have to be patient.

Really, some people are so negative about Juve, I sometimes wonder if they still support the team.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I doubt any player would openly criticize their clubs front office blunders especially someone like neddo. He and ADP are some of the few players with class and respect for not only the game but also the business side. They understand their roles in the grand scheme of things >> they are players not GMs. Their jobs are to win on the field no matter who they have playing alongside them.

Plus they're too smart to respond to media traps where they want to get a quote of dissention about a club topic

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Why does nobody talk about Andrade anymore, if he returns, we have two good CB's and a good backups with Legro and Mellberg.
Don't know IF he can retrun to his old level, but if he can, we are ok with Chiellini and Andrade.
Our RB is Zebina with Grygera as backup, decent enough for me so I only see problems with our LB, aka Molinaro. We took the risk with De Ceglie, let's see how he can perform whe given a chance.

It might not be scudetto material, but to reach the second round of the CL (or at least, the Uefa cup if we would fail to end 1st of 2nd) and challenge for 2nd - 4th place, this should be good enough.
The board always said it was a 3-5 year plan to get back to a SerieA/CL competitor so I guess we just have to be patient.

Really, some people are so negative about Juve, I sometimes wonder if they still support the team.
that itself is a BIG question

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
taken from channel4...

Nedved believes the summer has been a positive one for Juve, whose most notable addition was star striker Amauri.

“I think we are in a better position than last year because we have had an excellent transfer campaign and some quality players have arrived.

“But the real talismanic figures like Del Piero and Gigi Buffon are also still here. They are players that have given so much for this shirt.

“After everything that happened regarding the Calciopoli scandal we are stronger inside and we will be very tough to beat.”

I think that Nedved is the more competent than all of us to give a mark to the transfer campaign. So pump up those grades a little bit. Don't be so harsh on our Juve.

This will be a very interesting season for all of us :flag2:
Actually it wasn't only Nedved of our players that praised the transfer campaign.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
alen i got a question
you said you dont want versatile CBs...hm..Marquez plays as DM quite often though:/
I don't think many people here know much about Marquez. Being a supporter of a CONCACAF nation, I get to see Rafa in action quite a lot. This player is so good he can be deployed anywhere across the back four. Of course his natural role is a sweeper, but his ball skills and football intelligence allows him to play in various roles. The shift to DM by Rijkaard might not have been smart, but he still has it.

Come on. You think Nedved would publicly bash our transfer campaign?

Yeah, that's it. We don't support the team anymore. We just waste countless hours posting on this forum and watching Juve because we want to see Juve fail.

I doubt any player would openly criticize their clubs front office blunders especially someone like neddo. He and ADP are some of the few players with class and respect for not only the game but also the business side. They understand their roles in the grand scheme of things >> they are players not GMs. Their jobs are to win on the field no matter who they have playing alongside them.

Plus they're too smart to respond to media traps where they want to get a quote of dissention about a club topic
. . . a quote that will be used time and time again in the media.

where is Marquez now?
Bench for Barca.

Oh, wait, really? Bench for Barca? That must mean he's not good enough for Juve. :rolleyes:

@Alen: The Mexican thing was not only Donkeykart's foolishness, but also a couple others as I recall. They don't have any respect for players anywhere North of Brazil in the Americas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)