Juve mercato 08-09 vote: The Final Frontier (5 Viewers)

Juve mercato 08-09 vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Please when we speak about our backline, dont count Andrade, he's a forever injured player who recovers just to get injured a couple of weeks later

some people consider signing Melberg for free and paying peanuts for Knezevic makes them good transfers, maybe if they weren't the ONLY CBs we brought, Chiellini is the only CB we can rely on, Legro only looks good beside Chiellini, so bringing 2 cheap CBs aren't good transfers because they arent good CBs

Speaking about backup, who said that the backup has to suck??? people justify signing Knezevic as he's just a backup, but the backup should be as good as the starting player, or else why the hell did we pay all this money for Amauri, who I think will be benched after Trez returns

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
well, players do that. not sure if nedved has done it, but buffon, camo and even del piero said negative things about actions of current board before.

and i still think it was a very good transfer campaign.
Yeah, they have criticized the board, but if they criticized the transfers that probably wouldn't sit very well with the new recruits.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Please when we speak about our backline, dont count Andrade, he's a forever injured player who recovers just to get injured a couple of weeks later

some people consider signing Melberg for free and paying peanuts for Knezevic makes them good transfers, maybe if they weren't the ONLY CBs we brought, Chiellini is the only CB we can rely on, Legro only looks good beside Chiellini, so bringing 2 cheap CBs aren't good transfers because they arent good CBs

Speaking about backup, who said that the backup has to suck??? people justify signing Knezevic as he's just a backup, but the backup should be as good as the starting player, or else why the hell did we pay all this money for Amauri, who I think will be benched after Trez returns
That logic just doesn't make any sense. You can get a great player for cheap/free, i.e. Ballack, Ujfalusi, etc...

You may have a point about Knezevic but I don't think you know the player at all. You are just making assumptions basing on the fact he played for a poor team like Livorno. This player is cheap because he played for Livorno, wasn't really their star player and rose to prominence only at the age f 25 and before that he was playing in a very weak Croatian League but you also forget the Croatian League produced players like Modric, Corluka and Eduardo da Silva. Now, Knezevic is not in their rang but he was picked up by a Serie A side and was one of their better players over the last 2 seasons plus he will soon be a regular in the Croatian NT, which is not a weak squad by any means (although we don't have that many good players for CB position but still being 1st choice means he is above the rest and we don't take shit players into our starting 11). He hasn't had the chance to express himself at a bigger club so you can't really say he's a shit player, at least for now. I still think that he will be a positive surprise and I hope I wil be right. Plus, I forgot to mention that due to his club being relegated to Serie B his price dropped furthermore and you all easily forget that Knezevic was brought on loan so the price we played for his service for 1 year is not his full market value by any means.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
That logic just doesn't make any sense. You can get a great player for cheap/free, i.e. Ballack, Ujfalusi, etc...

You may have a point about Knezevic but I don't think you know the player at all. You are just making assumptions basing on the fact he played for a poor team like Livorno. This player is cheap because he played for Livorno, wasn't really their star player and rose to prominence only at the age f 25 and before that he was playing in a very weak Croatian League but you also forget the Croatian League produced players like Modric, Corluka and Eduardo da Silva. Now, Knezevic is not in their rang but he was picked up by a Serie A side and was one of their better players over the last 2 seasons plus he will soon be a regular in the Croatian NT, which is not a weak squad by any means (although we don't have that many good players for CB position but still being 1st choice means he is above the rest and we don't take shit players into our starting 11). He hasn't had the chance to express himself at a bigger club so you can't really say he's a shit player, at least for now. I still think that he will be a positive surprise and I hope I wil be right. Plus, I forgot to mention that due to his club being relegated to Serie B his price dropped furthermore and you all easily forget that Knezevic was brought on loan so the price we played for his service for 1 year is not his full market value by any means.
I confess that I didnt watch him play much, I just assumed he sucks just because everyone here says so, I am sorry for acting as a sheep this time, but anyways you missed my point

I was talking about people considering Melberg and Knezevic as good signings MAINLY because we didn't pay much for them, not because they're good, which is wrong, I hoped we paid more to get better CBs because I believe Chiellini is the only quality CB we had, Legro looks good only when he plays beside him and Andrade is always injured

What also pissed me off is some people here dont care how good the backup players are, as if their only job is warming the bench, so when we talk about Knezevic signing here (who everyone believes he's crap) some keep saying "he's only backup" or "he just adds depth" as if he's never going to play

Who's Camo's backup?? Marchionni, he's always injured, but who cares? he's just a backup, got me?

Maybe it's too early to judge Melberg and Knezevic (by the way you're the first one I see who rates him highly), and I have nothing against both players, as a juventini I hope they turn out to be quality players for my team's sake

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
I don't think many people here know much about Marquez. Being a supporter of a CONCACAF nation, I get to see Rafa in action quite a lot. This player is so good he can be deployed anywhere across the back four. Of course his natural role is a sweeper, but his ball skills and football intelligence allows him to play in various roles. The shift to DM by Rijkaard might not have been smart, but he still has it.

Come on. You think Nedved would publicly bash our transfer campaign?

Yeah, that's it. We don't support the team anymore. We just waste countless hours posting on this forum and watching Juve because we want to see Juve fail.

. . . a quote that will be used time and time again in the media.

Bench for Barca.

Oh, wait, really? Bench for Barca? That must mean he's not good enough for Juve. :rolleyes:

@Alen: The Mexican thing was not only Donkeykart's foolishness, but also a couple others as I recall. They don't have any respect for players anywhere North of Brazil in the Americas.

I agree with you on Rafa. I watch Marquez when he plays for Mexico alot and he is a really good CB. He would be a great guy to partner Cheillini. I think it is time for him to leave Barca and Juve would be a great place for him. Would make me feel better about our defence that is for sure!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Perhaps Marquez does have "brain farts" occasionally, but who doesn't? Comparing Marquez to Zebina shows a pretty bad understanding of the players in question.

(Actually no, it's more like a totally retarded view of the matter, with no possible comparisons between the players).

Whatever. Wants the point. Lets just use the glorious Mellberg.

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
The way people are talking about Legrottaglie, it seems no one watched the game against Fiorentina this week. He was a ROCK in the back. The best player for Juve this week and Chiellini wasnt even there. I actually dont have a problem with our CBs. Mellberg was shaky and the goal was totally his fault, but I guess he just needs some time to adapt to Serie A. Legro and Chiellini will be a force this year imo.

The biggest problem I have is in Left Back. I completely hate Molinaro. Grosso should have been our priority this summer or Sagna/Clichy from Arsenal.

Also we should've god rid of Tiago. I'm still surprised at how much love he still gets by the Juventus fans. The guy is USELESS. I believed in him too before, but lets be honest, the guy has been here for over a year and he just CANT FKN PLAY. We should have done everything possible to get rid of him, so we could pick up another midfielder. Nedved is old and tired and Mancini from Inter should've ours. He would've been PERFECT for us.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
[B]
The way people are talking about Legrottaglie, it seems no one watched the game against Fiorentina this week. He was a ROCK in the back. The best player for Juve this week and Chiellini wasnt even there. I actually dont have a problem with our CBs.
Mellberg was shaky and the goal was totally his fault, but I guess he just needs some time to adapt to Serie A. Legro and Chiellini will be a force this year imo.[/B]

The biggest problem I have is in Left Back. I completely hate Molinaro. Grosso should have been our priority this summer or Sagna/Clichy from Arsenal.

Also we should've god rid of Tiago. I'm still surprised at how much love he still gets by the Juventus fans. The guy is USELESS. I believed in him too before, but lets be honest, the guy has been here for over a year and he just CANT FKN PLAY. We should have done everything possible to get rid of him, so we could pick up another midfielder. Nedved is old and tired and Mancini from Inter should've ours. He would've been PERFECT for us.
+rep. Most people over here refuse to see the quality in leggrotaglie. Quality that has been consistent for the past 10 months.

Triptonite

Jun 12, 2007
On the players publicly expressing opinions about the transfer campaign, I am sure that if not sattisfied, they would have mentions something. And I agree they have to say that are satisfied, because of the new players, but I think that Nedved, and others who publicly expressed any opinion, really mean that, because they are professionals and don't criticize colleagues and leave actions speak about the values. We can all see how Nedved is angry to Molinaro :) (when he plays some odd moves) :), he would have expressed differently if not satisfied by the transfers.

On the transfer campaign. Today there is news Del Piero injured. Not serious I hope, but we'll see. So Amauri now is more than welcome. This will be a long season, injuries will be more frequent (like it or not) and more options needed. All those giving Amauri transfer a bad mark, should reconsider :)
I appreciate very much keeping those 3 youngsters (Giovinco, De Cegle and Marchisio) at first team and I hope they get as many chances as possible and make us proud. The olders will deliver as usual :)

:scudetto:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)