Juve mercato 08-09 vote: The Final Frontier (1 Viewer)

Juve mercato 08-09 vote

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    I went from 6 to 5.

I feel Giovinco, Marchiso and De Ceglie don't really count since Moggi was the one who got them.

Poulsen is a good player. We needed more creativity at that position though.

Amauri is another great player but the 22.8m € could have been used wisely.

We needed to reinforce the quality in defense and we didn't.

Manninger is an excellent backup.

Good job finding some youngsters.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    what makes this hard for me is the fact that we dont know what ranieri asked for and what budgetary restraints he had to deal with, but i am just consternated we were never linked with any quality defenders no matter what tactical scheme you re playing it starts with the back. However, The obvious failings can pretty much give us an idea of how inexperienced and tactless this board(which i have been supporting so far) is, these failings translated clearly in their inability to offload Almiron(properly) and the whole Tiago saga, i dont care if tiago says no their mission was to sell him: you gotta close the deal. So as far as i am concerned this has been the worst transfer campaign i have witnessed at juve i cant bring myself to give them more than a 2 and that's for landing Amauri though the expense.

Oh and no more forza Secco on my sig, the guy is as much as i hate to admit it completely clueless.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    what makes this hard for me is the fact that we dont know what ranieri asked for and what budgetary restraints he had to deal with, but i am just consternated we were never linked with any quality defenders no matter what tactical scheme you re playing it starts with the back. However, The obvious failings can pretty much give us an idea of how inexperienced and tactless this board(which i have been supporting so far) is, these failings translated clearly in their inability to offload Almiron(properly) and the whole Tiago saga, i dont care if tiago says no their mission was to sell him: you gotta close the deal. So as far as i am concerned this has been the worst transfer campaign i have witnessed at juve i cant bring myself to give them more than a 2 and that's for landing Amauri though the expense.

Oh and no more forza Secco on my sig, the guy is as much as i hate to admit it completely clueless.
    Good point

Btw, were you quitely sobbing while you wrote this post? :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Good point

Btw, were you quitely sobbing while you wrote this post? :D
    no i been on standstill for the last hour or so waiting for the S&P's to crash :D but yes sobbing quietly, my work is about risk and its "worth", and relating to juve i feel though success is possible by some improbable odds we re taking too much risk. With CL here, we re gambling with makeshift fixes and experiments; yes they may work but was it worth it? No.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Somewhere between 6-7 for me but I'll go with 7.

I think Amauri is great and I think Poulsen was good transfer after all.Also it's not bad we got some youth players...Too bad we didn't get any good defender though.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    I like the players we brought in although I don't know much about Knezevic, but we didn't address the most obvious problems in the current squad, so just left it at 5

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    7 for me also, Poulsen isn't a bad signing, and Amauri will turn out to be a great reinforcement.
    The defence could have used an injection of quality, but we have so many defenders so I guess they didn't look at that, and IF Andrade and Chiellini can return to their best level, it will also help a lot.
    I just wanted us to sign one of VdV, Alonso or Aquilani but since Tiago stayed, I guess that was out of the question.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
    7. To perfection we lack a world-class CB, a LB, although board have a great trust in De Ceglie and it will turn out to be a good choice or a bad one throughout the season, we lack also a deep-lying playmaker, however Poulsen is a quality player requested by the coach and fit his tactics, so I can't complain much. We are noticeably stronger than we were last season.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
    I think my vote settles at a passable, but still not solid 6/10.

The main objectives for this transfer period as stated by the team braintrust was as follows:

One top signing at each position, new backup goalie. So, we'll critique those.

We'll consider Amauri a top signing, so 1/1.

Poulsen is a solid midfielder, but a top signing? not so sure, yet. Does he make the midfield better? Yep. He does allow the ability to cultivate Marchisio's development though. Lets say 0.75/1

Mellberg is at best a passable depth defender and a temporary solution. Is he better than Chiellini? nope. A healthy Andrade? nope. Criscito's potential? probably not. Legro?? debatable. Does he make the defense better? No. But he adds experienced depth. However, depth is nothing without top end talent on the top of the depth chart. Ditto for Knezevic. This was the biggest need and it went wanting. Swing and a miss. 0/1.

Manninger is one of the best backups the team could have snagged, except maybe for Juve-owned Mirante... but its doubtful he'd want to be Buffon's backup and waterboy at the age of 25. He has a better chance starting for Doria. Manninger is solid though. 1/1

Bonus points:
    For not being morons and bringing back Marchisio, Giovinco and De Ceglie. +0.5

Deductions:
    Sending Almiron to a direct rival and allowing the potential of his resurgence to hurt us. Even though this isn't likely. -0.25
    Failing to offload Tiago who is probably now a locker room cancer after this saga. -0.5

So, 2.75/4 on transfers, minus 0.25 total on bonuses, less deductions.

So: 2.5/4 = 0.625, rounded to 6/10.

Triptonite

Jun 12, 2007
    I stay with 7. I like Amauri and Poulsen and Ekdal and Knezevic...if we could sign a defender as well (Ivanovic for example) than it would have been 10 :)

:flag3: :flag2: :flag3:

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
    Dec 1, 2005
    I voted 6/10.

We should have addressed the Nedved situation with more assertiveness and purchased Van der Vaart or Diego. The only upside is that Giovinco will have plenty of playing time and we will be able to make an initial judgement by mid-October.

Defensively, we're still one short and my hope of Zapata were dashed as far back as early to mid-August with the arrival of DK.

In general, allowing for suspensions and injuries we will see an awful lot of Marchisio, Gio and De Ceglie as the season unfolds.

Despite it all, I'm relatively optimistic about the new season and see us finishing top 3. I'm pretty sure that either Spaletti or Prandelli, preferably the latter, will be with us for 09 -10.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I voted 7 before and I've voted 6 now.

I like all the moves we made, but we definitely need a LB and probaly a quality CB.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I gave it a 6 this time. I like that we are showing some aggressiveness at landing some interesting youth for the future. But the defensive backline is a mess again with the CL on the horizon, and little done to raise its quality.

Brazzo, Grygera, Mellberg, Knežević -- the last couple of seasons our defensive re-enforcements look like a flea market shopping binge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)