[ITA] Serie A 2013/2014 (13 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
depends on your definition of "huge"...
of course we haven´t won anything yet and it won´t be a walk in the park either but some people here are really taking it too far...
panicking because milan replaced boateng with kaka? come on...
I am not panicking because of that, I actually considered them strong rivals way before that. Kaka is just an extra bonus to prove me right. And you mentioned new players at Napoli the other day, actually I rate Higuain higher than Cavani. Edinson is for sure the more hard working player but Gonzalo is smarter, more technical and the better finisher, he fits Napoli better. Then take a look at how Roma and Fiorentina are doing, these were easy points for us last season

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
depends on your definition of "huge"...
of course we haven´t won anything yet and it won´t be a walk in the park either but some people here are really taking it too far...
panicking because milan replaced boateng with kaka? come on...

:) Sorry, couldn't help myself

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
I am not panicking because of that, I actually considered them strong rivals way before that. Kaka is just an extra bonus to prove me right. And you mentioned new players at Napoli the other day, actually I rate Higuain higher than Cavani. Edinson is for sure the more hard working player but Gonzalo is smarter, more technical and the better finisher, he fits Napoli better. Then take a look at how Roma and Fiorentina are doing, these were easy points for us last season
the kaka part wasn´t necessarily aimed at you. i just read something like that around here and had to laugh.
i think we can skip the napoli part because we will never agree on that. if you think that higuain is better than cavani (for napoli) and that callejon, mertens and arbeloa are class signings, then i can see why you are worried.
furthermore i think teams like roma and fiorentina improving is a good thing for us. i think our chances of winning serie a are higher in a league with several decent teams, than they would be in a league with us, napoli, milan and 35 x bologna. and iirc we barely managed to hold on to a 0:0 draw away to fiorentina and lost to roma away. not so easy points after all :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Selling Matri to a rival, Quagliarella to another and replacing them with Gilardino is an example.
Selling Matri was a must. I'd have preferred selling one of the other two, but in any case one of them had to leave. It doesn't matter where do we sell them, as far as our team chemistry goes.
Where are we selling Quags?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
So how many here still believe that we will easily cruise to a third title this season?
with vidal, pogba, and tevez in the form they are in. juve will destroy the league.

- - - Updated - - -

@Alen we have already started messing with the team chemistry
how? the only new player in the first 11 is tevez. and his impact has been instrumental.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
This was a very good week. Not a single boring match.

Meanwhile, the Premier League had three 0-0 matches and three 1-0. :lol:
Doesn't matter to EPL fans, they will never watch a Serie A game let alone check the scorelines. As far as they're concerned it's a boring defensive league full of nobodies and that way of thinking will never change.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Juve is a level above all the teams in the league... This title will not be easy to win because everyone want to beat us. We should still win it though. The only team I am afriad of in the the league is Napoli... They seem really Dangerous!!! Just like how Inter won 4 in a row I expect for us to win 5 in a row until the likes of Buffon and Pirlo leave.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
"Low-scoring matches reflect positively on the quality of the teams' defences. The Premier League was at its lowest point when top teams were contending games with farcical scorelines during the last two seasons. Compare this to 2007-08 (the apex for English football) where most of the games between the top sides were relatively low-scoring affairs. I take this current goal drought to be a sign of increased tactical awareness and discipline."

Haha any other league would be called boring by them. But of course, it's the great EPL. Behold! It's a sign of increased tactical awareness and discipline!

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Napoli will without doubt be a strong contender, but I think they won't be able to handle the double pressure from Serie A and CL, and in return loose many points in autumn, and possibly a few in spring. They basically face a strong opponent every group game, and with Benitez in charge they won't play their European fixtures like Udinese.
Milan, even with Kaka working out, still are way too weak in their defense to hold any realistic chances. The same can be applied to virtually any other major club really, as most have just invested in their defense, meaning they will probably rip each other apart, and destroy their chances of a scudetto themselves.

Juve in contrast will cruise through the league until december, where our usual mid-season slump kicks in, a time where our rivals will make up a few points and maybe get into a position that will let them dream of a comeback, but then, around march our usual kick-ass self shows itself again, and we win the scudetto by a rather omfortable margin of 5-8 points.

Doesn't matter to EPL fans, they will never watch a Serie A game let alone check the scorelines. As far as they're concerned it's a boring defensive league full of nobodies and that way of thinking will never change.
I never really got what's wrong with a defensive league anyway. A well structured, technically sound defense that defies any attempts in breaking it down, while their opponent have to slowly find a way to achieve just that, for me is as, if not more enjoyable than your typical 5:1 La Liga goalfest.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Is it just me or has the first two weeks of Serie A displayed a step up in the general quality of play by the top teams?

It feels like there's more quality in Serie A this season than last.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Is it just me or has the first two weeks of Serie A displayed a step up in the general quality of play by the top teams?

It feels like there's more quality in Serie A this season than last.
There is. Big teams are playing the part. I've been discussing this with friends for a while now.

- - - Updated - - -

With that being said. I'll leave my hate for Milan and Napoli aside and really hope they do fine in the CL. I wanna see the English teams/fans and their arrongace rot in hell.

Sep 21, 2010
I'm gonna take a stab at how I feel the season and near future will go. I've been watching the league long enough and well enough that I feel I can have a fairly accurate estimation.

The league is improving this season, and that can only be good for Juventus in the long term (if this is a trend for future mercatos). If other clubs are improving, they are putting pressure on our management and ownership to improve every transfer period as well. That being said, it's important to not take our opponent moves in the market or their remaining players lightly. Players like Kaka, Gomez, and Higuain have potential for huge years in the Serie A, but they have potential to flop as well. Juventus has made significant moves as well, and I can't express how good of a signing Tevez will most likely turn out to be. Add in Llorente and Ogbonna, and we have added quality depth as well.

Juve will most likely win the league again. We have what appears to be the best starting 11 as well as players who can both make a difference off the bench as well as fill in where injuries leave gaps. They are in great form and will roll through most of the competition until injury or fatigue cause problems.

Milan will finish runner up, but will be contending the majority of the season. Balotelli is World Class and El Shawaary seems to be a tricky customer as well. Kaka, if he can find his form and stay healthy, will make them a tougher opponent as well. There team is definitely not on par with Juventus this season, but they are no scrubs either.

Napoli will finish 3rd. Higuain will be good enough to fill some of the void Cavani left, but he probably won't score more than 15 goals. They will struggle against most of the bigger clubs. Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina, Juventus, Inter and Milan are no walks in the park and they don't have a ton of depth on the bench or true quality across their entire starting 11 to challenge unless

I think Lazio will snag 4th away from Inter and Fiorentina, who will finish in 5th and 6th place, in that order. Roma will finish 7th in a disappointing year. .

I just figured I'd throw my two cents in. I try to be as objective and fair as possible. I'm interested to see what many of you say. I have a lot of respect for some posters on this forum and know you are extremely knowledgable. You can tear my prediction into pieces or agree with me. All I truly know is, it should be a good year to be a Juventus fan. There are big games to be won and history to be made. I decided to follow this club 4 years ago and have loved every minute of it. Sports can have such inspiring, motivating, depressing, awe inspiring, heartbreaking, heart wrenching, and ecstasy filled moments. I've ridden the roller coaster with the club over these past four years from the bottom to the top. Hopefully there are even greater moments to be a part of this year.

Forza Juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)