[ITA] Serie A 2013/2014 (6 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The league is definitely improving A LOT since last season but we are still levels above everyone else. No other team could show anything like what we played in the opening 25 minutes vs Lazio. The question is whether we can find the motivation to play with great grinta every game.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I agree that the top three will probably be Juve, Napoli & Milan. But after them it becomes less easy to predict. Inter/Fiorentina/Lazio will all fight for the EL spots & they could finish in any order - Roma could be up there too but I have a feeling they will fuck up again eventually.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Is it just me or has the first two weeks of Serie A displayed a step up in the general quality of play by the top teams?

It feels like there's more quality in Serie A this season than last.
Definitely a huge step up in quality compared to a few seasons ago. Much better attacking players around now, and coaches and teams willing to give youngsters a chance and play more adventurous football.

I still think the defensive standards have dropped quite a bit though. Not as many good defensive units these days, I can't think of another great set up at the back like ours.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
think defending in europe's top leagues has fallen in terms of standards.

if you look across europe there are few teams that play with an disciplined, solid defense.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I know a lot are keen on writing them off but Milan could look kinda dangerous this year.

Amelia; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, De Sciglio; Poli, Montolivo, De Jong; Kaka; El Sharaawy, Balotelli.

And decent/semi-decent depth players in Abiati, Silvestre, Nocerino, Muntari, Niang, Matri, Robinho. Central midfield could be a but soft ish but it shouldn't be an issue against most Serie A sides.

Only glaring weakness are the fullbacks and the fact that a proper injury to one of De Sciglio, De Jong or Zapata could rape the side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)