Israeli-Palestinian conflict (29 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
Yeah it’s indeed odd enough that they warned on a hours notice before anything could hit Israel. It seems more like a show off than a real attack, although sending 500 drones and missiles isn’t nothing. Probably also lessons learned for them that an attack like that isn’t enough to seriously hurt Israel.

Please btw talk me by, what’s the situation in Iraq nowadays since IS got beaten?
This question has more than one answer. The short answer is things are trending up but could definitely be better. What do I mean. There's a lot of investment from Chinese companies and so there's a lot of building, road improvements, rise in commercial and residential buildings. There's a big uptick in foreign workers too. Not only that but the oil production is insane in Iraq and I'd argue that not a lot of people talk about it. Take a look at the GDP and you'll see that economically Iraq performs well. Safety is a lot better now and electricity has been better, though there's still a reliance on generators. Having said that, the corruption is also pretty bad, there's a lot of money laundering happening, it's an interesting subject to talk about but it happens a lot. The money laundering really is a front for Iran's operations, sounds crazy and conspiracy-esque but it actually happens. The US attempted to ban some of the banks but it still happens under the table. Our problem really stems from the fact Iran meddles and interferes in Iraqi politics every election and at every step possible. The government unfortunately sides with Iran a lot because of the parties that were created by defectors who lived in Iran or abroad during Saddam's time so there's a resentment and identity problem with these guys. The public generally hates Iran's meddling (both Sunnis and Shias) so it's a situation that doesn't satisfy a lot of people in all honesty. I want to add that the country is also suffering from the worldwide inflation so a lot of things are expensive. Now if you're working in Europe and US and decide to travel to Iraq, you'll live like a king (awesome good, people, and there's a lot things you could do there). So to cap it off, tourism has been taking off in recent years.
I do hope we get out of Iran's hold and be our own sovereign country that doesn't act like a proxy or client state.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Only ~3% hit their target last night. That must be embarrassing for Iran
These acts is for internal audience where the whole thing is framed differently.
in 2020 when Iran attacked a US base in retaliation over Soleimani’s killing, they gave a notice to US to move the soldiers in advance, and nobody died directly from the attack. But Iranian media spent a good deal of time speculating that hundreds of soldiers have been killed. This video was hilarious:

https://www.voanews.com/a/middle-ea...call-c-span-back-false-claims-us/6182726.html

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
That there was a real, serious attempt by Iran to actually inflict damage:
  1. Knowing that could bring the US in and
  2. Sending drones that take hours to actually reach Israel.
If it were a genuine attempt to inflict real damage on Israel, I would assume they would just use their proxies to carry out something similar to what occured at the outset of this conflict considering they seem to excel at that.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
If it were a genuine attempt to inflict real damage on Israel, I would assume they would just use their proxies to carry out something similar to what occured at the outset of this conflict considering they seem to excel at that.
That’s pretty clear but looks like Israel is looking to expand the war now that the prospect of winning it in Gaza is not that great.

Jun 16, 2020
Well they used 120 ballistic missiles, but I don’t know how many of them were launched by proxies.

I think we can only speculate

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That’s pretty clear but looks like Israel is looking to expand the war now that the prospect of winning it in Gaza is not that great.
Hm.

On the one hand Israel have public opinion against them right now. They are under investigation for genocide, that's no small feat these days.

On the other hand they could capitalise on the Iran aggression to make themselves look like the good guy. No one likes Iran.

I wonder how it will play out, but I do hope North America and Europe will not go along with Israel's bullshit.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Hopefully we don't get involved in their bullshit.
It’s election year and Israel is very unpopular, but if it becomes an all out war then US wouldn’t have any good options. That’s why US and UK are desperately trying to stop Israel from responding.
things are not looking good.

AlexDP705

Jul 10, 2018
Hm.

On the one hand Israel have public opinion against them right now. They are under investigation for genocide, that's no small feat these days.

On the other hand they could capitalise on the Iran aggression to make themselves look like the good guy. No one likes Iran.

I wonder how it will play out, but I do hope North America and Europe will not go along with Israel's bullshit.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Six months of negative public opinion and protests and a genocide investigation hasn't stopped western governments firmly supporting Israel and the mass slaughter in Palestine, so it's not like Iran's attack has changed anything in that regard.

Jun 16, 2020
It’s election year and Israel is very unpopular, but if it becomes an all out war then US wouldn’t have any good options. That’s why US and UK are desperately trying to stop Israel from responding.
things are not looking good.
Im afraid for a geopolitical domino, that by escalation in both Ukraine and Israel that ‘we’ as the West are getting dragged into the war. I don’t see us accepting that Jerusalem and Kiev would fall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)