Israeli-Palestinian conflict (23 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The most obvious solution to this is to disband the quasi-religious Israel nation state and make the secular Jews live somewhere else or create an entirely new secular state somewhere far from the Middle Earth I mean middle east, hint : Australia is very sparsely populated, just go there ffs.

Let the 3 religious freaks groups see for themselves that there's no yhwh, no jesus, no allah, no messiah, no 2nd coming, no mahdi, no false prophet no holy place, no war to bring the end times, blablabla whatsoever in the lalalaland...
Fuck did we do to deserve this bullshit yo?

Let us fight over bullshit like “Change the date!” and which footy team is better instead of this complex and ancient religious/geopolitical bullshit

AlexDP705

Jul 10, 2018

The ICJ doesn't seem to think it's a genocide either, so...
That's simply not true. This interim ruling wasn't to determine if Israel are definitively guilty of genocide or not (a decision that will likely take years) but to decide if there was a plausible case of genocide, and if so to proceed with a more thorough investigation/trial. The court found that there was a plausible case of genocide being committed, presenting as fact evidence of genocidal actions and genocidal intent. All of Israel's arguments to have the case dismissed lost.

Western states simultaneously crippling the organization providing shelter and humanitarian aid to 2 million people at risk of famine immediately after the ICJ had ordered Israel to ensure more aid reaches Gazans is cartoonishly evil. Very obviously a planned move to take the media spotlight away from ICJ ruling and to undermine the evidence UNRWA had provided to the case. Coincidently UNRWA is the entity through which millions of Palestinian refugees claim a right to return.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
The court found that there was a plausible case of genocide being committed, presenting as fact evidence of genocidal actions and genocidal intent.
And then stopped short of even calling for a ceasefire, enabling Israel to continue with their assault. So make of that what you will.

AlexDP705

Jul 10, 2018
And then stopped short of even calling for a ceasefire, enabling Israel to continue with their assault. So make of that what you will.
A “ceasefire” could be ordered by ICJ if two states are involved. Palestine is not a state and Hamas a non-state actor. Again, the court ruled that there was a plausible case of genocide, and ordered Israel to immediately stop genocidal acts including killing Palestinians in Gaza. There’s no way for Israel to effectively comply with these orders without a negotiated ceasefire.

Of course Israel can just ignore any order from the ICJ (as it has been doing, reportedly killing another 400+ civilians since the ruling) because ultimately they need to be enforced, typically by a UNSC resolution which would likely be vetoed by the US anyway.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Does anyone dares to take a guess on how this war/genocide (whatever you want to call it) will end, focussing on the geopolitical situation?
Realistically, with an independent and sovereign Palestinian state comprising of at least the West Bank and the Gaza strip, with some sort of easement between them.

Whether that's at the conclusion of this war or not, I don't know.

Jun 16, 2020
Realistically, with an independent and sovereign Palestinian state comprising of at least the West Bank and the Gaza strip, with some sort of easement between them.

Whether that's at the conclusion of this war or not, I don't know.
In a way I have an escalation of the war in the back of my head. A scenario where Israel will enter Rafah, the West not supporting them and surrounding Arabian countries seizing their opportunity. All hypothesis though

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
In a way I have an escalation of the war in the back of my head. A scenario where Israel will enter Rafah, the West not supporting them and surrounding Arabian countries seizing their opportunity. All hypothesis though
I can understand that. Israel is going to enter Rafah, it is a guarantee. In my opinion the US is 100% fed up with Israel, but will still continue to support them here regardless, I do not understand why. I think they gain far more from this relationship now than we do. There is no scenario where we will allow Israel to be invaded in my opinion, we have absolutely no issue with bombing any nation at any time in the Middle East.

I also think (maybe only hope, unfortunately) that after this conflict we will push for a two state solution. At least Biden would I think, Trump I don't know but assume he would just let Israel do whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)