Israeli-Palestinian conflict (38 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You keep saying that but never give any concrete argument other then your feelings.

I do agree about the holocust thing though.
You don't understand.

Everyone is at the mercy of others. That's simply how international politics work.

This rings especially true when you're a country of about 10 million though. Do you understand just how tiny you are? The USA have a population that is almost 40 times your size. Let's not even get into China or India. And it's not just population, it's land too. Israel is 22,145 sq.km. The USA are 9,833,520 sq. km. Israel will always depend on the goodwill of others. The sooner they understand this basic idea, the better. The hubris is insufferable.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
You don't understand.

Everyone is at the mercy of others. That's simply how international politics work.

This rings especially true when you're a country of about 10 million though. Do you understand just how tiny you are? The USA have a population that is almost 40 times your size. Let's not even get into China or India. And it's not just population, it's land too. Israel is 22,145 sq.km. The USA are 9,833,520 sq. km. Israel will always depend on the goodwill of others. The sooner they understand this basic idea, the better. The hubris is insufferable.
No hubris here.

First I just guess we have completely differant understanding of what the word mercy means.

Secondly, I guess we have completely different understanding of how the world works if you think anything is done out of goodwill.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I guess Balkans arent part of europe then
That is soon to be 3 decades ago though, not really that recently. It's still recent in memory of course.

But conflicts/wars in Europe are far in between these days compared to what it used to be. Before WW2 Europe was in turmoil and conflict most of the time in some way or another.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No hubris here.

First I just guess we have completely differant understanding of what the word mercy means.

Secondly, I guess we have completely different understanding of how the world works if you think anything is done out of goodwill.
Israel are nothing but hubris.

Your official state instagram account (ridiculous that it exists btw) is threatening celebrities that do not automatically take Israel's side. That's how deluded Israel is right now. And time and time again Israelis will claim they don't need anyone. Fine. Maybe the world does not need you. Maybe the world should stop helping Israel as it has been doing for decades. Because, maybe, if we left Israel to its own devices, this ordeal would be over quite a bit quicker than Israel expects it to be.

I feel for Israel's citizens. I really do. Just like Palestinian civilians, most of them did not decide their government's actions. But it would be helpful if they were critical.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009

Your official state instagram account (ridiculous that it exists btw) is threatening celebrities that do not automatically take Israel's side. That's how deluded Israel is right now.
I understand you have your feelings, that's fine but I don't see the relevance.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah, I know.

But it is something I've noticed recently. I think even 10-20 years ago any reference to the Holocaust would have been enough to make people shut up about atrocities committed by Israelis. This time around it seems to have the complete opposite effect. I mean that yellow star in the UN.. It was just so wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Asking people to evacuate while there is nowhere to go to and then bombing them anyway hardly seems fair.
When you go so far that even an Israeli Holocaust memorial museum is criticizing your actions and calling them a disgrace… and then you still don’t clue in. Yikes. So far out of touch with reality.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I understand you have your feelings, that's fine but I don't see the relevance.
The relevance is that Israel's governmental actors seem to be so far up their ass any hope for peace is long gone. Nothing what the state of Israel has done in recent weeks is remotely normal or justifiable. If you go on Instagram and start mouthing off a celebrity with a different opinion than your own it makes you look like a demented teenage fool. But it's not. It's fucking Israel!!

Do you understand just how crazy that is?

- - - Updated - - -

When you go so far that even an Israeli Holocaust memorial museum is criticizing your actions and calling them a disgrace… and then you still don’t clue in. Yikes. So far out of touch with reality.
I know.

Hopefully most Israeli citizens weren't happy about it either.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Israel certainly are commiting war crimes as of right now, bombing the shit out of Gaza really ain't winning them much support.

I fully understand them wanting to get rid of Hamas, can't blame them for that. But bombing Gaza back to the stone age as we're seeing right now? That's plain wrong.

But what is plain wrong as well is all those who think they can shout their antisemtic tendencies in full flow because of what is happening. Seems many has been waiting for such a moment to come out with it.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009

Your official state instagram account (ridiculous that it exists btw) is threatening celebrities that do not automatically take Israel's side. That's how deluded Israel is right now. And time and time again Israelis will claim they don't need anyone. Fine. Maybe the world does not need you. Maybe the world should stop helping Israel as it has been doing for decades. Because, maybe, if we left Israel to its own devices, this ordeal would be over quite a bit quicker than Israel expects it to be.

I feel for Israel's citizens. I really do. Just like Palestinian civilians, most of them did not decide their government's actions. But it would be helpful if they were critical.
This comes again to what I said. You keep claiming the world helps us but you haven't provided a single, real world argument how that help takes form. Again you revert to how you feel the world works but show no evidence of it.

If you can't provide any tangible argument it all seems like just ranting.

To your last point, Israelis in general are super critical of everything including our goverment. The last year massive protests showed that. This goverment right now is being critiqued to death in a un precedentent manner with almost 70% of the public asking it to step down.
We are no immune to populist politicians and Bibi is probably one of the greatest populist in world history, still no coming back from this to him and his partners.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Israel certainly are commiting war crimes as of right now, bombing the shit out of Gaza really ain't winning them much support.

I fully understand them wanting to get rid of Hamas, can't blame them for that. But bombing Gaza back to the stone age as we're seeing right now? That's plain wrong.

But what is plain wrong as well is all those who think they can shout their antisemtic tendencies in full flow because of what is happening. Seems many has been waiting for such a moment to come out with it.
I have seen almost zero antisemitism.

I have seen a lot of people who dislike Israel. But they have reason to dislike Israel.

- - - Updated - - -

This comes again to what I said. You keep claiming the world helps us but you haven't provided a single, real world argument how that help takes form. Again you revert to how you feel the world works but show no evidence of it.

If you can't provide any tangible argument it all seems like just ranting.
Are you serious?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I have seen almost zero antisemitism.

I have seen a lot of people who dislike Israel. But they have reason to dislike Israel.
I'm mostly talking about all those pro Hamas rallies. They're not only pro Palestine, but certainly also wishing for the death of the Jews.

And those who remove posters of missing/kidnapped people are certainly part of that gang. One thing is to dislike Israel, removing posters and wishing for all Jews to die is something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)