Is this the new Juve? (4 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I see similarities between this season and Juve's first couple back in Serie A.

The enthusiasm and motivation is there, but there is a lack of quality in certain key areas.

Whether Juve will return to being a top side will depend on them building on these decent foundations or if they will colossally fuck up again (a la summer 2009).

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

The enthusiasm and motivation is there, but there is a lack of quality in certain key areas.

Whether Juve will return to being a top side will depend on them building on these decent foundations or if they will colossally fuck up again (a la summer 2009).
I think if we get Champions League, next summer will be a crucial market.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Nah. He isn't the same legend as Tacchi.

+ He's in the Ajax board.
He got fired, together with Cruyff I think.

Your a pussy.

You're pussy smells nice.

Doesn't make sense, doesn't it?
:lol:

Martin, I'll have to disagree with you on this matter, this isn't the new Juve. This is the old Juve, the proper Juve, the real Juve, whatever you wanna call it. Those past couple years we weren't Juve, I don't know what we were but definitely not Juve.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
You know, I'm usually quite cautious when it comes to Juve...but something does feel different so far this season. Just a really positive air around the club at the moment and a lot of things are finally starting to fall into place for once. You mix our luck so far (in terms of injuries), with a crazed and driven manager, new kick ass players and a new stadium, and you cant help but feel that this might finally be the start of something massive. That game in Naples last night could very well be that turning point. I honestly haven't seen a Juve (in terms of heart and characer) like that in 5 years.

Having said all that, I still remain CAUTIOUSLY optimistic. We have been kicked in teeth too many times the past few years after starting off our seasons promisingly. If we successfully manage the first 4-6 rounds after the winter break, then yeah I'll say we have definitely turned the corner.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I am far to sceptical of good starts to say this is the new Juve, I wan't to see how we perform come injuries and the new year.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think we have certainly returned to being a force in the domestic scene. Who knows how we will fair in European competition though, perhaps it's a good thing we still have plenty of time to build on our current form before having to play in Europe too.

Aug 1, 2003
this juve is different in the sense that we play with intelligence, fluidity and most of all as a TEAM; which lacked the previous years (it was like scattered individuals in black and white stripes.) and everyone seems behind the coach and disciplined. however, although we've had a tough run against big teams, we've yet to face a situation where our squad depth will be tested - injuries, or missing key players etc. still pretty early to tell IMO.

Dec 31, 2008

:tup:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Martin's a programmer, he cuts to the chase and keeps it clear and concise. Unlike Lopan's walls of text where he likes to mention his affinity for kissing drunk sailors.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
In our first two seasons back from B, we managed to do well until injuries hit. We have been playing almost the same squad over and over again. Something managers before Conte weren't able to. When we look at our bench, we have quantity, but not necessarily quality. Is this the new Juve? We'll know come May. Conte has brought back the belief and attitude which have been missing the past few years.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Imo injuries and fitness are the key words here. Did Conte hire new medical staff?

Every since 2006 we kept repeating that no matter who we buy it won't work unless we get better medical and fitness staff.

Oh and there is this beauty of a stadium. There's definitely a positive vibe around the club.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OMG, I still say our medical/physio staff of the past 2-3 seasons would violate the Geneva Conventions.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We changed training ground too because apparently the older one had very soft turf and caused a lot of injuries.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We are getting there, but until we start winning consistently this will all mean shit. We need trophies, both on the domestic and international front.

I expect us to be challenging for the CL in 2-3 seasons, but for that to happen we are in dire need of quality; we are sorely lacking in certain departments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)