[International Champions Cup] JUVENTUS vs Everton (July 31, 2013) (6 Viewers)

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
curiousity from my part, why can't the scousers say lads, but instead say lids?
Because everyone else says 'lad'.

Also it means 'kid'. Another scouse thing, as in 'kidda'.

- - - Updated - - -

Still cracking up at the scouser next to me at the stadium who kept hoarsely yelling, "Have a word with him, ref!"

It was like he was more obsessed with the referee's foul calls during the match than any actual scoring or defending play by either club.
That will be your lack of match going experience lad.

English fans are obsessed with ref's. It's like that all the time.

We are not sat with our glass of red wine singing 'Ole'.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
So be it I will leave.
But, I can't have a yank supporting an Eyetallian team telling me that I'm 'classless'

Would like to say I've enjoyed talking to some Juve fans and its nice to have shared footballing conversations.

Arrivederci lids, R.I.P 39
Is the "you're not even Italian" diss exclusively reserved for fans of Juventus fans or do people use this against the millions of fans of various EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga fans as well?

I feel like Latin Americans get a free pass on supporting teams like Real, Barca, and Milan because of the number of Latin Americans that play there year in and year out while Americans get a free pass on supporting EPL & Bundesliga teams because their own league sucks and their best players ply their trade in these leagues. Same thing with Asian & African fans. I guess since Juve has always maintained an Italian image whether true on paper or not, people perceive it as an exclusively Italian team for Italian fans. I don't know.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
If only local people can support their clubs, then only locals should play for their clubs. That way we can go back to living in the 1800s.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
curiousity from my part, why can't the scousers say lads, but instead say lids?
Because London sends all their discarded keyboards up to Liverpool when the "a" key no longer works. They tend to wear it out typing douchy things like, "Aaaaaaaarsenal!" or "Aaaaaarsene!"

If only local people can support their clubs, then only locals should play for their clubs. That way we can go back to living in the 1800s.
I miss the days when I got all my footie news by overseas telegraph.

I found an awesome video of @Osaycanyousee really enjoying himself at a Galaxy game
;) Last time I heard someone yell "Here we go Galaxy" like that, they looked like this --->
tinfoil.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)