Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (36 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
One more game and it's over. What an extremely surreal feeling.

Glad I got to see him play.
Formed, together with Trez, my absolute favourite striker partnership & I don't think that will ever change. So many great memories...

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
http://www.football-italia.net/18801/del-piero-says-thank-you

Alessandro Del Piero has written an open letter to fans after he ended hisSerie A career with Juventus on Sunday.

The veteran lifted the Scudetto trophy yesterday afternoon to cap off 19 seasons with the Old Lady of Italian football.
With just the Coppa Italia Final left to play for, he’s illustrated his devotion to the club and its fans with the farewell message below.

NOTHING CAN BE BETTER THAN...

Than eight Scudetti.

Than a promotion from Serie B.

Than a Coppa Italia (let's hope two).

Than four Italian Super Cups.

Than a Champions League

Than a European Super Cup.

Than an Intercontinental Cup.

Than a goal scored against Fiorentina.

Than a Del Piero style goal.

Than a goal in Tokyo.

Than my tears.

Than a goal in Bari.

Than a back-heel volley goal in the derby.

Than a goal for the Avvocato.

Than a tongue stuck out in a game against Inter.

Than an assist to David.

Than goal number 187.

Than a goal in Germany.

Than Berlin.

Than a goal scored against Frosinone.

Than a top goalscorer title in Serie B.

Than a top goalscorer title in Serie A.

Than a standing ovation at the Bernabeu.

Than 704 matches in the black and white jersey.

Than 289 goals.

Than a free-kick scored that meant the Scudetto.

Than a goal against Atalanta.

Than any record.

Than the No 10 jersey with the name Del Piero.

Than the captain's armband.

Nothing, but...what you have given me in these 19 years.

I'm happy that you have smiled, cheered, cried, sung, shouted for me and with me.

No colour will ever be brighter for me than black and white.

You've made my dream come true. More than any other thing, today I just want to say THANK YOU.

Always by your side

Alessandro

:touched: :cry:

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
Guys we are all angry that he is being made to leave, but we could not have scripted a better send off for him.

Lifting the Scudetto
Lifting the Coppa Italia (possibly)
Playing a Important role in both tournaments
Send off at the Juventus Stadium

These would have seemed impossible to us a couple of years back. I am glad he did not leave Juve the way Lothar Matthaus left Bayern in 99.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Alessandro,

Your goals, assists and dribbles have given me some of the best emotions in my life. In particular I remember your goals against Monaco in 1998, your goal against Real Madrid in 2003 and your goals against Real Madrid in 2008. Arguably they were all topped by your goal against Germany, which, because of the way you ran to the ball, was a goal you were very determined to score and thus became sensational in every possible way. I have seen countless goals 'alla Del Piero', but your goal against Fiorentina is most likely the best goal I have ever seen even if it wasn't scored in your typical fashion.

But Ale, more important than anything is that, for the past 19 years, you have been my hero. Every kid grows up having a hero. You were mine. I thank you.

Griciu

May 14, 2012
Guys we are all angry that he is being made to leave, but we could not have scripted a better send off for him.

Lifting the Scudetto
Lifting the Coppa Italia (possibly)
Playing a Important role in both tournaments
Send off at the Juventus Stadium

These would have seemed impossible to us a couple of years back. I am glad he did not leave Juve the way Lothar Matthaus left Bayern in 99.
I agree with you. Let's just look at the bigger picture (not considering Agnelli announcing our capitano's retirement), Del Piero is Juventus; and for the past few years, he went in Serie B with Juve - came back, and ultimately got the much deserved Scudetto. Lifted it, and left the club. Aka his job here is done. I'm happy with that.

Still scared though, what are we gonna do without him. Everything seems to be falling apart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)