Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (69 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He is just trying to ignore the reasons of why he was excluded and forced to leave....and just replacing those emotions with the ones that really matter: the scudetto, the love from the fans and the joy of having a fairytale career which will be almost impossible to replicate.

He can go without regrets. I think that simply there are no Agnellis enough to trample him and stain his legacy. He is going on on a high and we must be happy for that...because few great champs have the luck to go out like he is going out, i mean, with a scudetto, in a packed stadium for him, with a wonderfull goal.... Is surreal.

He is unique and we will never have a captain like him ....or maybe not in the next 50 years at least,,,, maybe never.

Today, after seeing him celebrate and take things easy... i think that this was for the best, really.

He needs one more difficult game to go..... im just hoping the best for him..we all need to be cheering for him because we will need his magic one last time.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Just media BS, Del Piero already said years ago he doesn't want it so somebody else can make it their story.
I agree with him in that sense. Other champs must have their chance to write their own legend.....
But seriously..... i can assure you, no one, it doesnt matter how good...will achieve the level of charisma, of achievements, of meaning of the Great del Piero.

That shirt is just too heavy for anyone.

If they let someone else have it... its fine...... but if it is retired ill not rage. No one will ever fill the gap and even get near to the achievements and love this guy has received in all this years. No scudettos, top scorer awards, CL will be enough.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I couldn't see Alex wanting to retire the no.10 shirt, there has always been a great long line of no.10's at Juve, Alex will want someone to come along after him and do the jersey justice like he has for 19 years.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Balotelli: "If Del Piero came to Man City, me, Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez will all sit on the bench."
Wow, thats like the best thing he have said in his whole life.

---------- Post added 14.05.2012 at 09:11 ----------

I couldn't see Alex wanting to retire the no.10 shirt, there has always been a great long line of no.10's at Juve, Alex will want someone to come along after him and do the jersey justice like he has for 19 years.
The thing is....how we will know which player is the right one to use it?. What if we let a prick like a Zlatan have it? It will be a disgrace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)