Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (38 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
“We are angry and this is a point of departure for us to resolve our problems in a hurry,” Del Piero said.

“It was a delicate week between what happened in the market and the game on Thursday, but we don't want alibis; getting off on the wrong foot is bad, but there are positive things like the development shown in the second half when we took the game in hand.

“We were unlucky in certain areas and the physical problem of Martinez conditioned us. There is disappointment, we can't deny it.

“Now thanks to the international break we can work with calm and recharge forgetting this false start.

“After two months of good results and some steps forward we didn't expect to lose.”

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
“We are angry and this is a point of departure for us to resolve our problems in a hurry,” Del Piero said.

It was a delicate week between what happened in the market and the game on Thursday, but we don't want alibis; getting off on the wrong foot is bad, but there are positive things like the development shown in the second half when we took the game in hand.

“We were unlucky in certain areas and the physical problem of Martinez conditioned us. There is disappointment, we can't deny it.

“Now thanks to the international break we can work with calm and recharge forgetting this false start.

“After two months of good results and some steps forward we didn't expect to lose.”
:numnum:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
icεmαή;2668243 said:
Spit it out already Hoori. What are you suggesting? :D
You know Asif, if I ever got to know that he had a saying in club's decisions on whether we must keep/get rid of this player or that I'd hate him. And this is coming from someone who follows the team because of the player. So I wonder how much those who really believe that it was Ale why we sold Diego can keep watching him any close to this club. If you believe that, you can't help hating the guy. There is no other way. Now whether they like it or not, the guy probably represents all good and bad memories they have as Juve fans. He pops up whenever you think of victories, he pops up whenever you think of defeats.

Now forget about Diego, by the same theory, we sold Baggio, Ravanelli, Kovacevic, Inzaghi, Di Vaio, Miccoli, Salas and Giovinco in order to make space for Del Piero. They were all potentially excellent players who were destroyed by our board because of Del Piero. And it wasn't always the same board, it seems to be a trend at Juve. Assuming that, can you really trust and love the club you are a fan of? I would hate Del Piero let alone the club so I don't know how it could be any different for the others. Ale was benched when Capello was at charge. And at that time, the board was the same who sold Di Vaio, Miccoli and the likes supposedly to guarantee Del Piero's starting spot. The same board who bought Ibrahimovic, the player who benched Ale for two years. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm not denying that benching Ale might be difficult for some coaches but seeing the reactions here in the forums when Ale is benched and we don't play well leads me to the conclusion that the fans are those who make it difficult for the coaches. Still, despite all this, Alex has been benched many times in his career which IMO, he didn't deserve to at some of those occasions.

As I've always said, our team is bound to lose if we are going to be relied on Del Piero this season but is this his fault that our board doesn't buy a proper LB? Do fullbacks too danger his starting position in the team? Were they going to strengthen the defense if he had retired prior to start of this season? What I read last night in this thread was really sad.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
You know Asif, if I ever got to know that he had a saying in club's decisions on whether we must keep/get rid of this player or that I'd hate him. And this is coming from someone who follows the team because of the player. So I wonder how much those who really believe that it was Ale why we sold Diego can keep watching him any close to this club. If you believe that, you can't help hating the guy. There is no other way. Now whether they like it or not, the guy probably represents all good and bad memories they have as Juve fans. He pops up whenever you think of victories, he pops up whenever you think of defeats.

Now forget about Diego, by the same theory, we sold Baggio, Ravanelli, Kovacevic, Inzaghi, Di Vaio, Miccoli, Salas and Giovinco in order to make space for Del Piero. They were all potentially excellent players who were destroyed by our board because of Del Piero. And it wasn't always the same board, it seems to be a trend at Juve. Assuming that, can you really trust and love the club you are a fan of? I would hate Del Piero let alone the club so I don't know how it could be any different for the others. Ale was benched when Capello was at charge. And at that time, the board was the same who sold Di Vaio, Miccoli and the likes supposedly to guarantee Del Piero's starting spot. The same board who bought Ibrahimovic, the player who benched Ale for two years. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm not denying that benching Ale might be difficult for some coaches but seeing the reactions here in the forums when Ale is benched and we don't play well leads me to the conclusion that the fans are those who make it difficult for the coaches. Still, despite all this, Alex has been benched many times in his career which IMO, he didn't deserve to at some of those occasions.

As I've always said, our team is bound to lose if we are going to be relied on Del Piero this season but is this his fault that our board doesn't buy a proper LB? Do fullbacks too danger his starting position in the team? Were they going to strengthen the defense if he had retired prior to start of this season? What I read last night in this thread was really sad.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I read through the thread last night but couldn't bring myself to post in here because of the things being said. I've not known a Juve without Del Piero and a Del Piero without Juve. My love for both identities are the same.
Its a shame what people write/say without having any knowledge about what happens behind the scenes. Coaches are compelled to start Del Piero because of the whole aura surrounding him. Its not his mistake that they don't have the spine to bench him. Is it Del Piero's fault that Del Neri played him the whole match on Thursday. Is it his fault that we had no Strikers on Sunday and had to play two support strikers? Like you said Hoori, if it is, then my respect for the man will go down several notches. But I trust him and what I have seen from him in the past 14 years I have been a Juve fan.
One thing is for sure though, this season, like many before it, it will be Del Piero who comes up with a moment of genius to save our asses. And by God, we need that magic if what we saw yesterday is any evidence to our coming season. And then we will see a string of Forza Del Pieros going through the thread and the week after that people will be saying he's too old.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
icεmαή;2668301 said:
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I read through the thread last night but couldn't bring myself to post in here because of the things being said.
Just did a bit of reading myself. I wonder what Ale's percentage was on Diego's sale. Surely, he must have made a pretty penny?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There is absolutely no logic in selling Diego for almost the same amount of money we pay for Martinez. There is 0% logic.

The only reason for that must be searched for in the locker room. Either Diego was a very bad influence, which I doubt he was, or his bare presence in the team and the starting line-up in a 4-4-2 as a SS was the problem.

Sure, if we're assuming, we can mention some other potential reasons, like: The new board trying to make its influence and get rid of the old board signings, but that is almost impossible.

Just think of a reason why was Diego sold. By yourselves. Try to understand why was he sold. I did and I came to certain conclusion which is backed up by things that happened in the past. If you come up with another conclusion, then share it with us here.

Dec 26, 2004
There is absolutely no logic in selling Diego for almost the same amount of money we pay for Martinez. There is 0% logic.

The only reason for that must be searched for in the locker room. Either Diego was a very bad influence, which I doubt he was, or his bare presence in the team and the starting line-up in a 4-4-2 as a SS was the problem.

Sure, if we're assuming, we can mention some other potential reasons, like: The new board trying to make its influence and get rid of the old board signings, but that is almost impossible.

Just think of a reason why was Diego sold. By yourselves. Try to understand why was he sold. I did and I came to certain conclusion which is backed up by things that happened in the past. If you come up with another conclusion, then share it with us here.
Wouldn't think Diego would mention that after leaving or at least remain silent instead of blaming the management for his departure?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
So this hypothesis that DP is running the show, it's pretty much unfalsifiable. Noone has ever alleged such a thing, so apparently his power is so absolute that not even ex-players dare cross him. I guess we can only find out after his death? Or will his estate still wield this power over the world?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

* Regardless if it is true or not, Diego was considered to be a flop by a large part of the Italian audience (both fans & press)
* We needed some real income from outgoing transfers, selling Diego was one of the only real possibilities.
* For many (myself included) Diego is not an SS. Not a good one anyway. Therefore he was not a perfect fit for our "preferred" formation.
* From the looks of it, we are trying hard to reduce the wage bill & Diego was a pretty big earner.

There are plenty of possible reasons behind his departure. None of us will ever know the entire truth though.

But I really don't think Del Piero played some (active or inactive) role in this entire thing.

Though I do think you have a point when you're talking about certain things that happened in the past, when Del Piero was in his prime. Even though DP's influence was probably mostly subconscious, rather than it being something he asked for or decided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)