2. Marchisio
3. Hernanes

Roma's best midfield:
Nainggolan - D. Rossi - Pjanic

1. Pjanic
2. Nianggolan
3. D. Rossi

Who's better?

Pogba vs Pjanic: Pogba (it's close though)
Marchisio vs D. Rossi: Marchisio
Hernanes vs Nianggolan: Nianggolan

We win 2/3, and hereby concluded: We still have the best midfield in Serie A.

Juve Best XI:

Dybala - Morata - Cuadrado
Pogba - Marchisio - Hernanes
Sandro - Chiellini - Bonucci - Licht
Buffon​

Roma Best XI:

Gervinho - Dzeko - Salah
Nianggolan - D. Rossi - Pjanic
Digne - Castan - Manolas - Florenzi
Szczesny​

Buy on AliExpress.com

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
Juve's best midfield:

1. Pogba
2. Marchisio
3. Hernanes

Roma's best midfield:

1. Pjanic
2. Nianggolan
3. D. Rossi

Who's better?

Juve Best XI:

Buffon​

Roma Best XI:

Gervinho - Dzeko - Salah
Szczesny​
Given grade:

Pogba - 8
Marchisio - 7
Hernanes - 5.5

Juve: 20,5

Pjanic - 7
De Rossi - 6.5
Naninggolan - 8

Roma: 21.5

...Sorry bud.. ;)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I'm not sure. I always thought he played as an AM for Lazio. I don't know how accurate the TransferMarkt match reports are, but in his best seasons 11/12 and 12/13 for Lazio, he played mostly as an AM. Scored 25 goals and had 13 assists over that period playing mostly AM.

It also seems he finished last season for Inter as exclusively an AM for the last 9-10 matches.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask @CrimsonianKing, but I think he played as a CDM, a regista of sorts way back with Sao Paulo. He made the Brasileirao team of the year from that position in 07 or 08? I think I read an article a few years back about how he was being misused by Menezes in the selecao as a Right side mid, and he should be used as a Regista for the national team to get the most out of him.

Regardless though, as a wonderfully two footed mid, he should be played in the centre either as a regista or a trequartista. And it seems he's quite capable in both those roles.
He was what we call an Armador, a CM which role is also to playmake, not quite that deep lying role that Pirlo had. In truth he was a box-to-box as he always found himself supporting the strikers as much as he tracked back. But in his later São Paulo days he was playing as a pure TQ. So it's safe to say he can play anywhere.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Given grade:

Pogba - 8
Marchisio - 7
Hernanes - 5.5

Juve: 20,5

Pjanic - 7
De Rossi - 6.5
Naninggolan - 8

Roma: 21.5

...Sorry bud.. ;)
I bet Cuadrado can play (on the right) instead of Hernanes. Marchisio and Khedira will cover. I'm sure we will see something like this.

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
I bet Cuadrado can play (on the right) instead of Hernanes. Marchisio and Khedira will cover. I'm sure we will see something like this.
Im not sure about Cuadrado in a CM-trio. I think he will be used as a wild-card only. Maybe as Lichtsteiners fixed second half sub if we need goals, or ass a third or forth forward in desperate times.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't think he is a better choice as a box-to-box midfielder than Pereyra or Khedira. He' is a lazy an inept defender. I reckon he'll play in the hole.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Juve's best midfield:

1. Pogba
2. Marchisio
3. Hernanes

Roma's best midfield:

1. Pjanic
2. Nianggolan
3. D. Rossi

Who's better?

Juve Best XI:

Buffon​

Roma Best XI:

Gervinho - Dzeko - Salah
Szczesny​
Pogba and Pjanic is not at all close... Pogba is by far the better player both offensively and defensively. Pjanic has a better passing game, but he is as consistent as Luis Nani..

Agree on the two other comparisons.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Hernanes: 'Thank you Inter!’
By Football Italia staff

New Juventus midfielder Hernanes thanks Inter after his deadline day switch to Turin.

The Brazilian international joined the Nerazzurri from Lazio just 18 months ago, but was sold to the Old Lady for €11m yesterday.

“First of all, I wanted to extend my greeting to the entire Inter family, and say thank you to this great club, which gave me the opportunity to have a very enjoyable and fascinating year-and-a-half in a Nerazzurri shirt,” Hernanes wrote on this Facebook page.

“I want to say thank you to all the coaching staff, and the staff in Pinetina [at the training ground], as well as those in the kitchen, the Inter Channel, the offices, and other sectors who have always served with their hearts.

“Also, to the Nerazzurri fans for the affection I received in the stadium, and at the gate leaving Pinetina! Thank you so much, from my heart, to all of you.”

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Considering how well Barzagli, Pirlo and Tevez have performed for us in recent years, I don't see how people can be upset over Hernanes' age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)