Gym and fitness (17 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If I'm doing 4 days a week at the gym, say Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri, what would be a good way to group the muscles daily?
chest, biceps
shoulders , traps

back, triceps
upper leg, lower leg

4 excercises for the first, 3 for the second

example

chest press, incline press, fly's, pullovers ; bicep curl, hammer curl, scott/concentration curl
dumbell press, lateral raise, reverse peckdeck, front raise ; barbell upright rows, barbel or dumbell shrugs

lateral pulldown, machine row, triangle bar pulldown(close grips), cable row, hyper extention ; lying overhead tricep extention, close grip benchpress, cord pulldown
full squat, leg press, leg extention, leg curl ; standing calf raise, seated calf raise

mass excercise, 12-10-8-6 reps, definition excercise 3x12

use this http://www.exrx.net/ website to see what it is and how you should do it, excellent site :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
Have made absolutely CRAZY GAINS in the gym. I'm into day 1 of week 3 which is legs/traps. I put the leg exercises on the same weight as week 1 & 2 and they were ridiculously light. I was doing heavier weights with more reps. I fucken love the gym

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Broke my hand again for the 5th time this year so i'm going to be making up for nlost time by doing a lot of lower body work , cardio and abs. If anyone knows a way of working the chest or biceps without using hands i'd love to know about it :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i broke 2 midhandbones in april 2011, i did mostly squats, legpress, hack squats and other lower leg crap.

Once the pain was barebale, i did the following

Biceps :

1) if the gym has a machine for concentration/scot curl, put a towel on your forearms, and use that to move the bar instead of your hands. have a bro help you. do NOT do big weights with that, try long sets 15-20 reps, so you dont get inflammated tendons in the forearm from local pressure.

2) i dont know how you call this machine. its vertical and you use it for tricep pulldowns. but you can lock the roller on top or bottem, on bottom you can do biceps with it.
put it on the bottom, and take the little straight bar. have a mate wrap your towel for more grip, and use forearms, or wrists if accecable to do the curl

Note, the blood pressure in your broken wrist will HURT. take asperine before training to combat that. taking 100mg of asperine pre workout is allways good.

Chest :

How you should do it : there usually is a machine for pectorial fly and reverse peckdeck. some of those got a handgrip, some got the big grip for the forearms. use the latter and train the side of your chest like mad.

How i did it, how you probably shouldnt : i broke my plaster a bit so i could put a bar between tumb and pointing finger. like that i could work the chest press machine. it freaking hurted, everyone told me the bone wouldnt grow straight, but it actually did. note i broke the two outer midhandbones on my right hand, if its the left side of the right hand, this would obviously not work

Note : training your squat in a smith machine 3x week, mixed with hack squats and leg presses, is by far the most important thing to combat muscle loss.

- - - Updated - - -

On a sidenote, took two photo's today after training

at the end of training

about to leave

sorry Dule, i stopped cutting after 10 kg so no abs. trying again next summer when i'll start the cut in june instead of august

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Got it from my girl for birthday

she said it was that or the pink alternative shirt, cause i wear to much black

kinda happy she ordered the sweater, i wouldnt feel safe doing bent over rows with a pink shirt on

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach, you pale as fuuuuuck.

But so am I lol :L
Oh man its horrible, usually when they take a photo the flash makes me look like an total idiot

i mean, even more then on this foto :p

Set my personal deadlift record to 3x440ibs 30 minutes ago. 3 good reps.
Could have done 2 more i think,but i was pissed of as fuck, and was getting exhausted from the far to short resting periods between sets i was taking

thinking about X his back injury, i decided to refuse my ego taking over like normally

if i'm pumped up like today i'll fucking try it next week tho

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
Last week all I could do on bicep curls was 32kg (1 set of 10)..Today I jumped to 53kg and done 2 sets of 8 reps and 1 set of 4 reps..That shit cray..Could it be because I started taking my creatine right before workout or just crazy genetics?

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Last week all I could do on bicep curls was 32kg (1 set of 10)..Today I jumped to 53kg and done 2 sets of 8 reps and 1 set of 4 reps..That shit cray..Could it be because I started taking my creatine right before workout or just crazy genetics?
Holy shit I couldn't do one :D

Back when I was working out a lot I was using creatine as well. It didn't make that much of a difference in my experience.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I have a question...

Is it better to take the whey protein straight after the workout or after finishing the whole training as I do cardio afterwards (30-45 mins)?!

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
Yeah that's why I went straight to roids j/k ;)
Hah, I actually got offered roids..But considering I'm 18 and been going to gym for less than a month it's kinda obvious I shouldn't touch them lol..

RAMI¹⁰;3904058 said:
I have a question...

Is it better to take the whey protein straight after the workout or after finishing the whole training as I do cardio afterwards (30-45 mins)?!
Do you do Cardio everyday..?

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
RAMI¹⁰;3904083 said:
No. 3 days/week (when I work out)...

Why?
Just asking. In regards to your question, wait till you get out of the gym until you start drinking your whey. It's not a good idea to drink something as heavy as whey and then doing 30-45 minutes of cardio afterwards. Also it doesn't really matter at what point of the day you drink it.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Just asking. In regards to your question, wait till you get out of the gym until you start drinking your whey. It's not a good idea to drink something as heavy as whey and then doing 30-45 minutes of cardio afterwards. Also it doesn't really matter at what point of the day you drink it.
The instructor told me that it should be taken within 30 minutes after finishing the workout! :boh:

Also do you think 3 days are enough, as I reached the weight I targeted and I wanna build up some muscles?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)