Gym and fitness (108 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
So after the race I had on New Year's eve, I haven't hit the track. It's been snowing a lot and even though I can handle the -10 degrees Celsius, the wind effect makes it not fun at all. Then the ground is really slippery with all the ice accumulating.

Today I thought that enough is enough, I went about a pair of these grippers

and went out running. I put on my new pink tights to be seen on the road and to tease Bozi.

The run was pure therapy, -12 degrees and somehow windy, the grippers worked well and all in all a great time. It's good to run again...
nice,where did you get those? my racing profile bald tyres are no good in all this snow so i may start running again

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
:smile: :wallbang: today

:smile: for my first time back in the pool after a month of absence. For the last two weeks I've been "meaning to go" almost everyday, but finally today I managed to drag my ass there. And it was a good feeling, I've missed it. Not physically, but mentally. My day is more substantial when I've been to the pool, I feel more at peace with myself.

In a way it's a good thing I took a long break, because I had a small knee injury that I was mildly worried about, and it's gone now. My fitness after a month is pretty uneven, but it's still better than when I first started swimming about 3 months ago.

:wallbang: for the worst pool facilities of all time. It was horrible today, like a school trip. The high schoolers were like flies, frickin everywhere. I changed lanes I don't know how many times but it was no use. They were blocking everyone, showing no respect for pool etiquette.

The problem is if I want the best swimming the day has to offer I have to show up at 7am or 7:30 at the latest. That's asking rather a lot. At that hour it's mostly the exercise freaks who are there and there's a lot fewer of them.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Since when was there pool etiquette? Someone always takes a leak in the pool & occasionally you'll have some dimwit that jumps into the pool right after eating.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
GAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

fucking snow and ice is making my daily cycle a bloody nightmare,the cycle paths (that the council actively encourages us all to use) have not been gritted in the last 7 weeks,most of the roads are cleared now but the cycle paths are still like a bloody ice rink. this means an extra 1.5 mile cycle to get round the unpassable lanes.

add to this that the gears keep seizing up due to all the muck,grit and salt everywhere and i am starting to get rather peeved....roll on spring

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
dont give a fuck about my carbon footprint but rather concerned about the layer of flab around my midriff
As Dusan once told me,you're only fat if you look down & can't see your deck.I signed up for crossfit & i was at this gym studio where they were doing their thang.Those guys looked like they were hit by an 18 wheeler truck.You should look into it.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
nah i have figured that cycling back and forth to work (10k each way) walking the dog and 35-45 minutes of exercise 3-4 nights a week should help me burn it all off

Apr 15, 2006
I wonder how it'll be to cycle back and forth to my office. 18k each way. If I can do this, I can reduce this flab so easily.

I can't believe how much I've been ignoring this thread. I really need to get my body in shape.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
GAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

fucking snow and ice is making my daily cycle a bloody nightmare,the cycle paths (that the council actively encourages us all to use) have not been gritted in the last 7 weeks,most of the roads are cleared now but the cycle paths are still like a bloody ice rink. this means an extra 1.5 mile cycle to get round the unpassable lanes.

add to this that the gears keep seizing up due to all the muck,grit and salt everywhere and i am starting to get rather peeved....roll on spring
Just what made me quit & park my bike. I bought a bike in September last year & cycled 10km a day until end of November when I couldn't handle the chill & snow. Can't wait for Spring.

:smile: :wallbang: today

:smile: for my first time back in the pool after a month of absence. For the last two weeks I've been "meaning to go" almost everyday, but finally today I managed to drag my ass there. And it was a good feeling, I've missed it. Not physically, but mentally. My day is more substantial when I've been to the pool, I feel more at peace with myself.

In a way it's a good thing I took a long break, because I had a small knee injury that I was mildly worried about, and it's gone now. My fitness after a month is pretty uneven, but it's still better than when I first started swimming about 3 months ago.

:wallbang: for the worst pool facilities of all time. It was horrible today, like a school trip. The high schoolers were like flies, frickin everywhere. I changed lanes I don't know how many times but it was no use. They were blocking everyone, showing no respect for pool etiquette.

The problem is if I want the best swimming the day has to offer I have to show up at 7am or 7:30 at the latest. That's asking rather a lot. At that hour it's mostly the exercise freaks who are there and there's a lot fewer of them.
Am considering swimming until spring. The last time I swam must be around 20 years ago. Tips appreciated :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)