Gym and fitness (151 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
10,5 km on Saturday
12,5 km on Tuesday
13,1 km today

I have never felt so much in shape before.
congrats...i started running too...we've got a big hill here and i'm doing that, plus some laps there. Plus running on the band when i'm at work..usually 2,3 km's because others wanna run too and i can't sit there as much as i want. So can you give me some pointers to help me run bigger distances/don't get tired so quickly?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
congrats...i started running too...we've got a big hill here and i'm doing that, plus some laps there. Plus running on the band when i'm at work..usually 2,3 km's because others wanna run too and i can't sit there as much as i want. So can you give me some pointers to help me run bigger distances/don't get tired so quickly?
Well, you have to do intervals, that's the only way you can run faster and longer.

I try to take one interval session per week, warm up for 1.5 or 2 km then do one of the following:

1- Uphill, find a 200 m long hill and run it upwards as fast as you can and slowly down. Repeat 5 or 6 times.
2- Speed intervals and this can either be distance or time. You simply run as fast as you can for 4 minutes and then regain energy in 1 minute.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
So can you give me some pointers to help me run bigger distances/don't get tired so quickly?
Set a distance to yourself. Example today you want to run from your place to your favorite restaurant place. Tomorrow you do what's after restaurant be it gas station or I don't know anything and so on.

Never look at your watch, just focus on your legs, adjust your breathing and stamina and use an Ipod, it will help.

Personally, I eat apple and drink some fresh orange juice before jogging.

Btw, if you do it with friend of yours it's better. Much helpful with a company.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Well, you have to do intervals, that's the only way you can run faster and longer.

I try to take one interval session per week, warm up for 1.5 or 2 km then do one of the following:

1- Uphill, find a 200 m long hill and run it upwards as fast as you can and slowly down. Repeat 5 or 6 times.
2- Speed intervals and this can either be distance or time. You simply run as fast as you can for 4 minutes and then regain energy in 1 minute.
Set a distance to yourself. Example today you want to run from your place to your favorite restaurant place. Tomorrow you do what's after restaurant be it gas station or I don't know anything and so on.

Never look at your watch, just focus on your legs, adjust your breathing and stamina and use an Ipod, it will help.

Personally, I eat apple and drink some fresh orange juice before jogging.

Btw, if you do it with friend of yours it's better. Much helpful with a company.
thanks guys :beer:...i have a friend who i go out running, and his stamina is killing me...plus that he knows to focus his breathing and he breaths using his nose not his mouth, so i quickly get some throat aches if it's cold outside..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Fabulous swim today. After only a couple of minutes I got myself into a pretty high tempo, didn't feel my knee or any other liabilities and I kept going. After I had done 20 minutes I decided to slow down cause my knee started reminding me gently that just 2 days ago it hurt. And I found that groove again, that feeling of fatigue and yet somehow the mind is detached from it and it just feels good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)