Gym and fitness (27 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Yeah well thats how i feel about working for someone or firm that renumerates you according to their evaluation of your worth & making you work 9 to 5.After giving 30 to 40 yrs of your life & then they tell you thanks & here you go your hard work(best years of your life) is worth a gold watch.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah well thats how i feel about working for someone or firm that renumerates you according to their evaluation of your worth & making you work 9 to 5.After giving 30 to 40 yrs of your life & then they tell you thanks & here you go your hard work(best years of your life) is worth a gold watch.
That wasn't strictly on topic, but we'll take it :D

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Just got back from my second 2-mile run of the day.

How much do sit-ups do to decrease fat in the stomach area? I heard that you have to get rid of the flab before sit-ups will do much for the region. Is that true?

I have some stomach muscle, which can be seen along with the fat. :D
You can't target fat Andy. You just have to do the work and the fat will go from wherever. You could do 1000 crunches a day and you might lose fat from your arms. But ultimately you've just gotta do a lot of cardio and have a good diet. Diet is about 70% of your fat loss in my opinion. So its of the utmost importance that you eat right.
Can I ask you gym freaks. Don't you find it boring?
Mole. The gym is fun. Its like challenging yourself in anything. The way I look at it is that its one of the few things we can control in how we are physically. And having that control is very empowering. But I don't really do it for the fun of it, its just part of my routine now my life wouldn't be the same without it.
I've made a lot of good friends at the gym too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Can I ask you gym freaks. Don't you find it boring?
I never find running boring, but at times the weights can annoy me quite a bit. Especially if I've been training a lot. All in all though I'm way too active. I can't not go the gym, I can't not run, because I'd go insane.

I think I'm incapable of that. Doing something boring for a long term gain.
I instantly feel better after training, I also sleep better, so for me it's not only a long term gain.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
I never find running boring, but at times the weights can annoy me quite a bit. Especially if I've been training a lot. All in all though I'm way too active. I can't not go the gym, I can't not run, because I'd go insane.

I instantly feel better after training, I also sleep better, so for me it's not only a long term gain.
do you listen to music on a i-pod or mp3 player when you run?

Jul 15, 2006
do you listen to music on a i-pod or mp3 player when you run?
Me personally the ideal thing going on during Cardio is a football match, because there are no adverts and distractions. But if I'm listening to the iPod it's Tiësto, Armin van Buuren sets, some hiphop works too definatly.

EDIT: Il Re or Nenna, I'm taking the 'San Infusion' protein shakes or a minute now, any experience with that before?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Oh Aush reminds me of something. Do you guys play music at the gym? Mp3 player?

I imagine just about every gym plays music already but there's only so much Britney Spears and top20 I can take.

Jul 15, 2006
Oh Aush reminds me of something.
Yes? :)
Do you guys play music at the gym? Mp3 player?
I imagine just about every gym plays music already but there's only so much Britney Spears and top20 I can take.
I can't stand the music they play themselves always my own choice on iPod. :tup: Today it was Bob Sinclar, I got bored of it after a bit though.
I like to listen to the prodigy or someting like AC/DC when im working out. 80s hard rock music is good for getting me pumped up.
Cool. :tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh Aush reminds me of something. Do you guys play music at the gym? Mp3 player?

I used to, but my gym plays decent music now. It's a university gym and people complained about the shitty music, so they changed it.

Oct 3, 2004
I know this is really vague but here goes -

I'm 28, weigh 60kgs, a little skinny, and can easily work out my muscles. The problem is they don't last long. I have a gym and pool up stairs here.

Can anyone advice a decent schedule for chest, arms, and six-pack. I'm not worried too much about the legs, they're ok. lol...

Seriously though...and people keep telling me I'm losing weight, when all I do is eat! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)