Gym and fitness (106 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
I think he should focus on the core area,mainly abdominal section but yeah ignoring leg work is regressive.
yep, i used to have that mentality, people would tell me i should do legs, but since i was a semi-pro footballer, i believed i didn't need to, it's true you don't if you don't do weights full stop, but if you do weights for the upper body, you should do legs as well, it creates an un balanced body, legs is the hardest body part in my opinion which is why people neglect it

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
I didn't say I'm neglecting them...

Like I do the leg lift while laying on a bench. It works the abs out well.

In any case, I'm still going. I'm just concerned that my own schedule is pointless...
trust me on this man, if you do deadlifts and squats, you will see results in all aspects and you will become much stronger in every area

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
yep, i used to have that mentality, people would tell me i should do legs, but since i was a semi-pro footballer, i believed i didn't need to, it's true you don't if you don't do weights full stop, but if you do weights for the upper body, you should do legs as well, it creates an un balanced body, legs is the hardest body part in my opinion which is why people neglect it
Ultimately working the core is the most important aspect of working out.Weak core muscles lead to instabilty be it working the upper body or the legs.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Ultimately working the core is the most important aspect of working out.Weak core muscles lead to instabilty be it working the upper body or the legs.
that is true, however, when doing things like deadlift or squat, your core gets worked loads, those are the best compound movements, ideally you would do a seperate session for core, but those movements are good and can be considered sufficient depending on what you're training for

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Just started squatting about 10 days ago. Man, what a workout! I was afraid to squat before because of my knee so I used that Hack Squat machine, which is fine I suppose but nothing compared to the real deal. With the machine I could squat 140kg easy, but with the barbell I'm currently at 80kg and the veins on my neck start popping out during the last reps. :D Hoping to squat 1.5 my body-weight in a couple of months.

Truly an all-around excercise, works the legs, core, lower back, pretty much everything. But make sure the trainer shows you how to properly do it. Hack Squat machine is good but only if you've got a condition and want to isolate your quads only.

So squat people! It's good for you. Take it from a gym-newbie.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Every month or so, I do this variation to this leg press to shock my legs.

You need 2 ppl to help u. Load up the machine with a weight you struggle to do 5-7 reps with. Immediately after you have done a set, your spotters quickly take some weight off and you start again, this time going for more reps. You usually only have a 3 second break between each set.

You do 4 sets in a row, each time with a lower weight but with more reps. When you're done, your heart will be beating like you just sprinted 100m, and your legs will feel the difference the next day.

Oh, and dont lock your knees at the top of each rep. You get a better burn.

My legs have yet to plateau, even though I only seriously started to work them into my routine in the last few months. I'm not sure if that is y, but give it a try.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I like using a neck pad. And I have large traps. What are you trying to say? To be honest I just wanna pick you up, throw you over my shoulders and squat you right now.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I was just joking, nothing wrong with using the pad. I would use it myself but the few we have in the gym are all torn up. :D

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I was just joking, nothing wrong with using the pad. I would use it myself but the few we have in the gym are all torn up. :D
Don't listen to me, I don't know where I was going with that :lol:. But yeah, unless your traps are so huge that your spine is being overlapped with muscle. Its still very uncomfortable doing it without a pad.
The pads at my gym are so old and squished I wear 2 more layers when I squat. I farted really loudly when I squatted once. It was embarrassing, yet relieving because I could have shat myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)