Gym and fitness (81 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Well to be honest I'm not genius on leg exercises. But I know of two options.

1. Calf raising machine. Because its a smaller muscle do up to 30 reps and you should be killing by then. I personally do 20.

2. If you don't have a machine at your disposal, find a step and get two dumbells to do your calf raisers. Again keep your reps under 30.

Also, jogging is really good for your calves. I sometimes do a 10k run and my calves absolutely kill for a day and that will help give them some good tone. But really if you want them to beef up then do your calf raisers.

Il Re might know some more exercises.
i would have said exactly what you said :lol:

add skipping to that though, that really works the calf muscle well, as well as that just doing squats or deadlifts should give some muscle since the calf muscle would be put under great stress, but in terms of specific exercises, there's only the calf raise i think

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
belly fat. What to do do to shred that stuff and show those abs man?

I'm doing Cycling, and walking as cardio. Anything else?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
belly fat. What to do do to shred that stuff and show those abs man?

I'm doing Cycling, and walking as cardio. Anything else?
Lay off the carbs,fizzy drinks & products with way too much sugar.Drink atleast 10 glasses of water a day & if you really want effect results,make a veggie drink if you have a juice extracting machine.It works wonders for the belly fat.:tup:

Also lay off the damn burgers ya fat fuck.:D

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Lay off the carbs,fizzy drinks & products with way too much sugar.Drink atleast 10 glasses of water a day & if you really want effect results,make a veggie drink if you have a juice extracting machine.It works wonders for the belly fat.:tup:

Also lay off the damn burgers ya fat fuck.:D
:lol: the brutal and hard truth!!!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
yo guys, havn't been here for a while, just a quick thing for you wahdan

SQAUT and DEADLIFT, these two compund movements are vital if you want to grow muscle, so many people in the gym neglect these two exercises and hence don't get the gains they should
You're a soccer player right? Deadlifts seem to help athletic performance a lot. Squats do too, but you have to make sure you're not using the quads too much. You really have to focus on hamstrings and glutes IMO.

Well to be honest I'm not genius on leg exercises. But I know of two options.

1. Calf raising machine. Because its a smaller muscle do up to 30 reps and you should be killing by then. I personally do 20.

2. If you don't have a machine at your disposal, find a step and get two dumbells to do your calf raisers. Again keep your reps under 30.

Also, jogging is really good for your calves. I sometimes do a 10k run and my calves absolutely kill for a day and that will help give them some good tone. But really if you want them to beef up then do your calf raisers.

Il Re might know some more exercises.
If you want strong calves go out and buy racing flats. They look a bit like normal running shoes, but they're a lot lighter and their soles are flat (hence the name). Adidas Adizero is a popular racing flat if you want to get an idea. Make sure you use a forefoot/midfoot strike when running. Landing on your heel is a no no, but normally you'll feel that when wearing flats. Your calves will get bigger in no time and your legs will be a lot healthier.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Thanks bro.:tup: I just annoyed a few years back when my entire body was lloking great but i had no definition with my calves.Hopefully my i can get some sort of work routine going so i can do this properly.
Also B, you can take care of your calves at the squat rack. Just throw 200lbs or whatever is best for you, something moderate that you can keep on your shoulders while standing. Once you have the weight up, do calf raises to your heart's content. If you want to get quick results, after your squat workout maintain the raised position for as long as you can. Also if you tense your abs and back you get a little workout there too.

Oh and you can run up hills.:D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You know about three years back i was seriously ripped & i would have a veggie drink everyday.It would consist of:

3 carrots.
5 celery sticks.
1 cucumber.
1 beetroot.
1 tomato.

After doing this for about a month i saw serious results with my stomach,it burnt away the belly fat quite fast.
How many ounces does that come out to be?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If you want strong calves go out and buy racing flats. They look a bit like normal running shoes, but they're a lot lighter and their soles are flat (hence the name). Adidas Adizero is a popular racing flat if you want to get an idea. Make sure you use a forefoot/midfoot strike when running. Landing on your heel is a no no, but normally you'll feel that when wearing flats. Your calves will get bigger in no time and your legs will be a lot healthier.
And run hills in those racing flats. Do 20 or so, up the hill hard, easy down.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You know about three years back i was seriously ripped & i would have a veggie drink everyday.It would consist of:

3 carrots.
5 celery sticks.
1 cucumber.
1 beetroot.
1 tomato.

After doing this for about a month i saw serious results with my stomach,it burnt away the belly fat quite fast.
Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. How much cardio did you put into your workout?

I'm not concerned with building muscle. I just want to lose the 15-20 pounds that I need. I weigh 185 pounds now but need to be around 165 for my height and build, at 5'11.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Also B, you can take care of your calves at the squat rack. Just throw 200lbs or whatever is best for you, something moderate that you can keep on your shoulders while standing. Once you have the weight up, do calf raises to your heart's content. If you want to get quick results, after your squat workout maintain the raised position for as long as you can. Also if you tense your abs and back you get a little workout there too.

Oh and you can run up hills.:D
Sounds good,im not a big runner but i guess ill have to start if i really wanna work on getting defintion on my calf muscles.:tup:
I bought ankle weights yesterday so im gonna get serious & use them with your suggestions.:D

How many ounces does that come out to be?
We work on liters & mililiters but its about 17 ounces. I forgot that i would add green & red peppers & spinach too.At first the taste is shite but after doing it after 2 days you get used to it.

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. How much cardio did you put into your workout?

I'm not concerned with building muscle. I just want to lose the 15-20 pounds that I need. I weigh 185 pounds now but need to be around 165 for my height and build, at 5'11.
I did cardio on tuesday,thursday & saturday & weights on the other days.All of it doesnt matter if you dont have a diet that doesnt suit your goals.

My diet would consist of:

Breakfast

Fat free joghurt with apples,bananas,cashews & almonds topped with honey.
Scrambled eggs (1 egg yolk & 5 egg whites) & brown toast.
Oats
Brown bread (the ones with whole grain seeds) toasted with either salmon spread or fish paste.

Brunch

Brown bread with peanut butter & honey.
Wholewheat crackers with mozzarella cheese & chicken cutlets.
Pasta shells with tuna or chicken/turkey strips.
Veggie snack(celery sticks,carrots & cucumber.
Green salad with tons of green veggies like celery,green beans,lettuce etc.

Lunch/Supper

Whole can tuna with green salad.
Grilled chicken breats with green salad.
Brown bread & turkey breast.
Grilled fish(my fav was hake or haddock) with grilled calamari & salad.
Pilchards,sardines & achovies(these are packed with omega 3 fatty acid-basically the good type of fat) cooked in a tiny bit of olive oil & tomatoes.Tuna,salmon, herring & mackerel are also packed with omega 3 fatty acids.They basically help unblock arteries & create a smooth flowing blood circulation.

So basically i would eat five times a day,three basic meals with two snack meals in between.If you make a fist,that is the exact food(that should be on a plate) serving you should have for your main meals.Also if you eat before going to gym give it atleast an hour & a half & having it afterwards atleast half an hour.Having a protein shake/bar basically amounts to a snack meal as well as the veggie drink.Once you start drinking protein shakes you have to be active in gym or else you'll develop nasty zits & that shit is nasty.Basically your doing what i wanted to achieve so get a protein shake with whey protein in it but do your homework first.

Drink lots of liquids,ten glasses of water & green tea(this is great as it increases your metabolism & purifies your system).You can have fruit juices but not in the evening as the sugar will settle & causes fat buildup.Only 100% fruit juice will do & stay away from any fizzy drinks.Whatever you do dont eat & then sleep thats a big no no as it has the same effect as juice scenario.Make sure you let your food digest for atleast 3 hour before hitting the sack.

If you stick with this diet & work out religiously you will see drastic results quite soon.I only followed this programme because i had bulk but a few extra pounds i wanted to shed.Also a fair warning your gonna be crabby for the first two weeks as you detox & your taste buds adjust to the shock.Protein shakes make you fart alot & the veggie drink will give you the runs.:D

Good luck bro,let me know if you need any other advice.:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lol thanks for the run-down, Byrone. Some of those meals sound pretty good actually. I'm not doing much weights, only pushups, and tons of running.

During the summer I lost the most weight in, I ate only salads, fresh meat like steaks, and had nutrigrain bars for breakfast. Sometimes I'd even work out twice a day. I think I lost about 25 pounds that summer.

That might be a little bit difficult this summer. :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Its damn expensive eating healthy but its worth it.Yeah i reckon if you Burke & Eazy are together your stomy's will double in size with the excessive alcohol intake.:D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
That's the biggest problem of them all. :D
Dude when i worked for this corporate company a few years back they gave me a company credit card.The worst part was that i could use it on anything provided i gave a tax invoice & wrote it off as an entertainment expense.

I was the most popular guy throwing lavish parties at home/clubs & frequenting strip clubs.Needless to say when i was fired i lost my popularity ratings & gained a huge ass & stomy.None the less those were good times.:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just got back from my second 2-mile run of the day.

How much do sit-ups do to decrease fat in the stomach area? I heard that you have to get rid of the flab before sit-ups will do much for the region. Is that true?

I have some stomach muscle, which can be seen along with the fat. :D

Dude when i worked for this corporate company a few years back they gave me a company credit card.The worst part was that i could use it on anything provided i gave a tax invoice & wrote it off as an entertainment expense.

I was the most popular guy throwing lavish parties at home/clubs & frequenting strip clubs.Needless to say when i was fired i lost my popularity ratings & gained a huge ass & stomy.None the less those were good times.:D
Yeah I bet. :D At least you lived it up when you had the chance.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Just got back from my second 2-mile run of the day.

How much do sit-ups do to decrease fat in the stomach area? I heard that you have to get rid of the flab before sit-ups will do much for the region. Is that true?

I have some stomach muscle, which can be seen along with the fat. :D
Infact you need to work on your core area before you even start on anything else as that creates balance & composure.They work but there are better workout routines that you can get.When i get home ill hook you up with my mates ab training illustrations.

Yeah you have to get rid of the fat before you start working on the abs.Have you seen the buff morons at gyms with huge biceps & a belly that makes them look pregnant?They ignore cardio & fitness & go straight to the weights.If you work your abs with a belly you will harden it & you will look like a jackass.:D

Dont worry im sure you can see your abs,when your drunk of course.:D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Not at all.Whenever i do something that will require long term investment,i always think of the end result & positive outcome.When i do something first time round,i do it right.No point in doing it half arsed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)