Gym and fitness (41 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Nah, mate, I think I said that not everyone should be able to do it, because it's a bit of a general statement. 80 kgs is not all that great though, I'm sure I should be able to do better, but I don't want to bench too much right now. I'm pretty much reinventing my squat technique, going all the way down Olympic style. Great workout, but so far I'm only able to do 70 kgs.
by everyone i meant those into fitness/sports

Post that pic Deneb!
at work mang :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
by everyone i meant those into fitness/sports
Then you're probably right. Bodyweight really isn't much, if the athlete isn't faced with important injuries. Given the fact I train for injury prevention and speed as a soccer player the bulk of my training is definitely squats, rows, deadlifts and romanian deadlifts though. I'm trying to bring up my deadlift, which is stuck at 150kg (and I really should be able to do a LOT better). But it's hard because I'm training at home and I can't drop the weight. Bought a special floor mat though, so starting next week I can. Too bad I'll be gone for three then :D.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
i think deadlift is all meantal, after f ing up my back already not sure i want to even risk it :p
True. I try to do it as controlled (yet quick) as possible and I'm very strict on form when doing deadlifts. It's a tough lift no doubt. But when done with good form they make my back feel great to be honest. And they correct your posture a lot.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I've started a pretty serious training schedule, 6 times a week and on the 7th there's no weight lifting instead I play football for a few hours. I was thinking of getting some supplements for quicker muscle recovery and muscle mass. Could someone with a decent amount of knowledge fill me in on the whole whey protein thing? Is it worth it, or no?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I've started a pretty serious training schedule, 6 times a week and on the 7th there's no weight lifting instead I play football for a few hours. I was thinking of getting some supplements for quicker muscle recovery and muscle mass. Could someone with a decent amount of knowledge fill me in on the whole whey protein thing? Is it worth it, or no?
Muscles are a fiber build out of various proteins. proteins are constructed out of thousands of amino acids. there are 20 amino acids.

To build muscle, you train and create microtears in the muscle. the body needs these amino acids to repair them.

normally we take amino acids out of meat. however, its digested slowly.

The body will not wait, and break down muscle to create new amino acids, to repair the tear.

fast digested whey protein however, prevents this, and gives the body essential amino acids, and every other amino acid needed for protein synthesis.

For these reasons, you would like to take whey when the body is catabolic state

- in the morning, when everything you ate is allready gone and it needs new energy
- after training, because of the imminent repair

also, if you gain muscle, you'll need quite some protein each day, and a shake is a very quick n easy solution

i am on a 300g protein/day diet, and i am not going to eat 1.2 kilogram of chicken per day :D

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Muscles are a fiber build out of various proteins. proteins are constructed out of thousands of amino acids. there are 20 amino acids.

To build muscle, you train and create microtears in the muscle. the body needs these amino acids to repair them.

normally we take amino acids out of meat. however, its digested slowly.

The body will not wait, and break down muscle to create new amino acids, to repair the tear.

fast digested whey protein however, prevents this, and gives the body essential amino acids, and every other amino acid needed for protein synthesis.

For these reasons, you would like to take whey when the body is catabolic state

- in the morning, when everything you ate is allready gone and it needs new energy
- after training, because of the imminent repair

also, if you gain muscle, you'll need quite some protein each day, and a shake is a very quick n easy solution

i am on a 300g protein/day diet, and i am not going to eat 1.2 kilogram of chicken per day :D
How big is the gap between what you would take, and what people who are just starting out should take?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Losing a small amount of weight, but mainly flattening my tum and shaping my arms and legs a bit. Nothing near as extreme as you :D
me extreme? you need to see the guys in my old gym :D

well for you id say change up your diet a bit and hit the gym 3-4 time a week, something like 20-30 minutes stairmaster and then weights. But that should be your target, meaning ease into it. the most important thing is to make it to the gym and not get discouraged or intimidated.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
me extreme? you need to see the guys in my old gym :D

well for you id say change up your diet a bit and hit the gym 3-4 time a week, something like 20-30 minutes stairmaster and then weights. But that should be your target, meaning ease into it. the most important thing is to make it to the gym and not get discouraged or intimidated.
Cool :tup: I've been starting with 20 minute cardio workouts, different intervals of running speeds (with walking in between), and lifting weights. Diet wise I've been basically having what I normally have, but cutting back on carbs in the evening and getting more veg and protein.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
just don't eat to often that is what I do
most of the times twice with a max of three
The thing is, I should eat more often, but less and better things. I am trying to time my intake to go along with my workouts: fruit and yoghurt when I get up, then some complex carbs about an hour and a half before gym time, then protein and carbs for lunch, a snack of nuts, fruit, veg or something, and then a non-carb dinner. If I wait too long, I eat more as I'm too hungry.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How big is the gap between what you would take, and what people who are just starting out should take?
pretty big i'd say

normal person needs like 70-100 grams of protein each day, from any source, to fulfill the body needs

when i was on a bodybuilding schedule for 2.5 years, i think it was enough to make sure i had like 20 grams protein at breakfast, 60 grams of protein from some meat source during the day (meat has a full amino acid profile), and like 40grams after training.perhaps 15 grams when i went to sleep. that was definatly enough to bulk up the size, and moderate power increase

Since december i'm on a powerlifting schedule (bill star intermediate), making sure i am at 250+grams of quality protein (meat,isolate and whey), and i feel my body recuperating from the heavy compound excercises, it makes a very big diffrence for me, and especially deadlift and squat went trough the roof.
My lower back recuperates faster then some other guys at the gym who are on bad diets, and expensive steroids.
great diet > bad diet+doping

---------- Post added 11.07.2012 at 01:42 ----------

The thing is, I should eat more often, but less and better things. I am trying to time my intake to go along with my workouts: fruit and yoghurt when I get up, then some complex carbs about an hour and a half before gym time, then protein and carbs for lunch, a snack of nuts, fruit, veg or something, and then a non-carb dinner. If I wait too long, I eat more as I'm too hungry.
use cafein before training, hunger will not become an issue for a while, and you definatly burn more calories during training.

1.3 dimethylamineamide is even better and the new hot thing on the block, but it can totally ruin the hunger for the entire day, and it makes you horny as ****

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 38)