Gym and fitness (38 Viewers)

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
I would literally die if I eat only twice per day. The meal that I will never ever miss is breakfast.
I couldn't do it either, even before I was exercising I couldn't get through a morning without breakfast.

But at your activity level, it's impossible on two meals. I've just started doing more, and already I can feel my body needs more food more often.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The key to lose weight, when you dont really care about building any muscle, or at least not increasing it

- check your weight (yes ladies you aswel), and see how many calories it takes to stay on that weight, considering the fitness regime you do
- take off 10-20%
-1gram fat = 9 calories, 1gram protein or carb = 4 calories
- now distribute those calories over 5-6 meals, keeping 80%protein, 80%carb, 20% fat

why so many meals ? because when you eat few, big portions, you take up more then your metabolism requires, and carbs will be converted into fat, whilst protein will be going down the drain, or converted into fat via a complex citric cycle pathway, if the carbs are out.
if you take 6 smaller meals, you wll have the body active and working, not lazy because thick blood due to high carb/fat

also, if you have the same amounth of calories in 2 or 6 meals, it means the stomache is working 2 or 6 times, meaning you will burn more calories just for the same of the stomache working

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Absolutely nothing right now. Used to play football twice a week but haven't been able to this year. I intend to start going to the gym from next month, once I find a buddy to go with.

What about you?

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Absolutely nothing right now. Used to play football twice a week but haven't been able to this year. I intend to start going to the gym from next month, once I find a buddy to go with.

What about you?
That's the thing, when you do nothing it can tend to be okay, not healthy, but ok.

I run every day, and do weights 3-4 times a week. I also walk to work every day and go home at lunch time, so about 80 minutes of walking too. When I did nothing but walking I could be okay only eating three meals, but I didn't feel great.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It probably requires a lot of planning to have 5 meals everyday; planning on what food to get at the grocery, what to prepare for the next day and also how to work your meals into your daily schedule.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
It probably requires a lot of planning to have 5 meals everyday; planning on what food to get at the grocery, what to prepare for the next day and also how to work your meals into your daily schedule.
Not really, no, but I have found getting older means buying more responsibly anyway :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Disagreed, i do that for 2 years now and its relatively easy, here is my foot schedule

8-10h : 50 grams whey isolate + 20grams oat

12-14h: 250 grams of chicken with 100 grams of pasta or 250 gram of potatoes

18h: 50 grams of whey isolate + 50 grams of oat

22h : 50 grams of whey isolate (this is straight after training)

01h : 50 grams of regular whey in 250 grams of volle plattekaas

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Disagreed, i do that for 2 years now and its relatively easy, here is my foot schedule

8-10h : 50 grams whey isolate + 20grams oat

12-14h: 250 grams of chicken with 100 grams of pasta or 250 gram of potatoes

18h: 50 grams of whey isolate + 50 grams of oat

22h : 50 grams of whey isolate (this is straight after training)

01h : 50 grams of regular whey in 250 grams of volle plattekaas
Look at that! Measuring the grams of this and that, you gotta eat the same type of stuff everyday, and you have to spend the same amount of time everyday. That ain't for me :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Look at that! Measuring the grams of this and that, you gotta eat the same type of stuff everyday, and you have to spend the same amount of time everyday. That ain't for me :D
oh, they whey comes with measuring spoon. after i fill the spoon, i scrape it of the top of the can, so like that its exactly 50 grams

since chicken isnt cheap, and i tend to replace the 18h meal by another chicken+potatoes on non training days, i buy frozen sacks that contain 1 kilogram of chicken

usually, its 4 chickenbreasts that each weight around 250 grams

the pasta i weight, because i'm terrible at eyeballing it, same for the volle plattekaas

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Tell me about it. If I had a butler or something, I'd love to do it but nah. I'll eat whatever comes across or is easier to make.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
RAMI¹⁰;3753661 said:
This is my target... what do you suggest?
Well of course and most importantly the diet. You'll need to have a 500 calories deficit. Look up on the internet and calculate the calories you should consume to maintain your weight.

Then I would suggest you to get some helpful and important supplements.

Isopure, which is protein is a great protein powder for gaining mass without fat. Fat burning supplements are a must, too, get something like Lipo 6 Black, it'll make you lose fat without losing your muscle, and increases energy levels while carbohydrate consumption is low

A good amino acid is glutamine which helps to preserve muscle while speeding overall muscle recovery (this is due ability to increase protein synthesis). I'd get a 100% pure glutamine no matter what brand it is.

L-Carnitine is another great supplement to take if you're looking to get lean. It forces your body to burn fat and turn it into energy. It'll also help you focus.

Make sure you get a Multi-Vitamin. No matter what your goals are, always take Multi-Vitamin. Vitamins and minerals make your body work like it's supposed to.

-------------------------

As for the working out part, lots of cardio. On training days I do cardio pre and post workout for about 20-30 minutes with normal intensity. As for the other 3 days of the week I do cardio for 40 minutes but with high intensity (I do HIIT, look it up I'm too lazy to explain right now, very stoned).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)