Gonzalo Higuaín (10 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So you willing to reshuffle a team that was very close this year to going the distance in CL because you are worried about financial loss? Sorry that doesn't make sense imo especially since we brought him here for that very reason.
as for the sporting side, that's purely wishful thinking fueled by bias toward each player.
Higuain has scored 16 goals in Serie A, and was a non factor in other aspects of the game in almost every game (exception being the Milan away game, and maybe 1-2 others im forgetting at the moment). you really think it will be impossible to replace that kind of contribution? we won Serie A before with Morata scoring 7 league goals, i shall remind you. i congratulated him on the Tottenham tie (even though his 2 misses in the 1st leg almost cost us), that was his major contribution this season. then you see a allegedly inferior player in Dzeko CARRYING an inferior team on his back against Shakhtar, Barcelona and Liverpool (should have won that tie, refs fucked them), and it makes you wonder if our 90M striker is really that special

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This is simple.

You dont sell a player you trust. Thats why The board and Allegri are locking Dybala.

Higuain is not trusted by someone. Named it Allegri mainly, or the board. So he is on the sell list.

Also, like some have mentioned, if the board is willing to cash on him and invest in someone else or in the midfield, now is the last chance because of his age.

I repeat, if he is being put on the transfer list , is because juventus doesnt trust in him anymore and want to recoup some money.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Higuain has scored 16 goals in Serie A, and was a non factor in other aspects of the game in almost every game (exception being the Milan away game, and maybe 1-2 others im forgetting at the moment). i congratulated him on the Tottenham tie (even though his 2 misses in the 1st leg almost cost us), that was his major contribution this season. then you see a allegedly inferior player in Dzeko CARRYING an inferior team on his back against Shakhtar, Barcelona and Liverpool (should have won that tie, refs fucked them), and it makes you wonder if our 90M striker is really that special
Way to not answer a single point i made.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Way to not answer a single point i made.
i was responding to you last sentence about this being wishful thinking from me.

but fine, yes, im willing to reshuffle said team (not ONLY for financial reasons), because ive seen it not function properly. we bought Higuain to deliver the CL, but he has been a non factor in 5 games against Real and Barcelona in 2 years now. also, Dybala-Higuain partnership doesent work (or you disagree about that?), and im not willing to sacrifice the younger and better player for the team to reach the next level. we might not be able to bring in a major midfield reinforcement without sacrificing someone, and Higuain makes way more sense to me than Dybala or Alex Sandro for said reason

May 23, 2013
If you can trade Higuain and a couple mil for a Icardi you take that and you fucking run. He may be a pos human being but in terms of being a pure goalscorer and having that killer instinct he’s only behind Suarez and Ronaldo imo.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I hate Icardi, absolute disgraceful player, but as an opposition, now if he were to come and replace Higgy for us. That is an absolute must deal.
Still think its BS, and if thats the case, and we cant get a better finisher than Morata, then I say keep Higgy. The other no.9's would be too expensive..

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I really don’t see a huge value in selling Higuain. The money we get IF we sell him won’t allow us to replace him... €50m in today’s market would struggle to buy a decent player.

I agree he’s not an essential component and has had a poor season, but his poor season (20+ goals) is still difficult to find. He is clearly in decline though...

If Morata is his replacement it’d worry me. Icardi is the ideal (despite the fact he is a cunt), followed by Martial who I believe is better as a striker than on the wing and I wouldn’t mind a punt on Giovanni Simeone if we could get him at a reasonable value

frick

Apr 4, 2010
This is simple.

You dont sell a player you trust. Thats why The board and Allegri are locking Dybala.

Higuain is not trusted by someone. Named it Allegri mainly, or the board. So he is on the sell list.

Also, like some have mentioned, if the board is willing to cash on him and invest in someone else or in the midfield, now is the last chance because of his age.

I repeat, if he is being put on the transfer list , is because juventus doesnt trust in him anymore and want to recoup some money.
Judging by the amount of minutes Higuain gets this season (https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/87/Show/Italy-Juventus), I think Allegri trusts him 100%.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
The only thing that could worry me in regards to a Higuain sale (I think we can replace his footballing qualities and become a better team without him) is that we've already lost a few personalities from the squad; will losing Miss Piggy create another space to fill in the changing room?

Saying goodbye to Buffon, Licht, Miss Piggy is soemthing we can handle, but Manbro, Khedira, Marchisio, Barzagli (he's staying), Pjanic leaving? That'd be too much.

Now if we sell Miss Piggy I wouldn't splash a huge amount on a forward, but rather focus on getting a physical midfielder, that could support Dybala as a no.9 and our wingers. Milinkovic-Savic would be ideal, but who else is out there with similar characteristics? Fellaini is free :lol:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

Nedved to Sky Italia "We are not worried about a potential departure of Higuain. Let's see what will happen after the World Cup. The club must satisfy a player & not restrain him, he must be happy to put on the club's jersey. We should decide together."

Sounds like he's gone huh

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Nedved to Sky Italia "We are not worried about a potential departure of Higuain. Let's see what will happen after the World Cup. The club must satisfy a player & not restrain him, he must be happy to put on the club's jersey. We should decide together."

all valid reasons, the last one doesent seem true though

Mar 10, 2009
My take is don't rock the boat, we have what it takes to win now, and at don't need to gamble, all we need is a great cm, a rb and a few bench options, i honestly don't see how getting icardi helps us win cl next year.
This a 100 times.

Also I think Higuain will become a lot better with decent midfield players. Right he is being wasted with all this tracking back.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Isn't the bolded part about Manbro?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He just doesnt suit this Juventus system IMO. He's succeeded inspite of that. Some of our football is similar to Atletico Madrid, so in that regard, we'd need strong, physical strikers standing their own against tough defenders and one who's great at hold up play and at bringing headers down. If Higuain had any of these qualities, we wouldnt be deploying Mandzukic as a LW for so long and have actual wingers playing in that position.

- - - Updated - - -

Rarely instrumental in the CL lol.

I love how people make up fake reasons to justify blatant falsehoods.
Loving the revisionism here :baus:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
My take is don't rock the boat, we have what it takes to win now, and at don't need to gamble, all we need is a great cm, a rb and a few bench options, i honestly don't see how getting icardi helps us win cl next year.
:tup:

but at juve there's also the balance sheet. higuain is 31, and still has a long contract and a very high salary. if we can sell him now around his book value (which is ~54m), i guess it's reasonable to consider that option too.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Replacing him with Morata is unreasonable on the other hand. Icardi is a different story but also probably a virtually impossible mission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)