Gonzalo Higuaín (48 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
With Higuain sale, we also get his massive 7.5M net wages off the books. So in that case, selling for around 60M and getting rid off his wages at the same time, should make it possible to sign SMS. Only problem is we have to degrade ourselves at CF by signing an underwhelming striker like Morata or maybe Balotelli(lol) if we dont have enough funds.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Next time please insert the source at the beginning, will save some time ;).

Mandzukic and Morata with bigger impact than Higuain :touched: . Morata would be nothing even in UCL without Tevez next to him. In the second season he scored against City away and had a good game in Munich which is not more than what Higua did for us in his two seasons here regarding UCL only. Same goes for Mario, he was our main striker in the first season here and did ok. Next two years he played second fiddle to Pipa. Now let's add Serie A achievements into the mix...

Yeah, because young and agile strikers of Higuain quality cost 60 mln these days :baus: so we won't have a problem replacing him.

Now Pogba price was not 105mln but 75 because Raiola commission fell from the sky and United didn't have to pay it :baus:

Higuain was a non factor bar his 16 goals even though he had 7 assists and played almost every game :baus:

Per FI translation it was more about Mandzukic.

Therefore, let's just employ Dybala there :baus:

Generally, I wouldn't be against Higuain - Icardi swap because the latter is an exceptional striker with 110 Serie A goals under his belt by the age of 25. Will most likely score over 200 during his career and it speaks volumes. However, his price is at least 110mln so even if we managed to sell Pipa for 60mln we would need to spit another 60mln to afford Icardi and I thought we have more pressing needs.
so he played almost every game and scored only 16 goals. guess it will be a herculian effort to replace that kind of contribution, KEEP AT ALL COSTS :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Morata is at an all time low, yet still scored only 8 less goals than this irreplaceable beast Higuain, in 1000+ less minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that is the point? I don't know because selling him for the sake of replacing with some other forward doesn't make sense.

Maybe we know that Morata is being grumpy at Chelsea and he wants just Juve. Then we're trying to fuck Chelsea over because Sarri wants Higuain while Morata wants only us. So we basically do a swap with delayed payment to have some cash for a CM? Seems kinda weird but maybe there's something to it.
Pogba is another one that keeps popping up recently. This one seems even more unlikely tbh.
yup, could see something like that going on. we basically get younger at CF and dont downgrade in the long run, AND improve the midfield. hope its true.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
With Higuain sale, we also get his massive 7.5M net wages off the books. So in that case, selling for around 60M and getting rid off his wages at the same time, should make it possible to sign SMS. Only problem is we have to degrade ourselves at CF by signing an underwhelming striker like Morata or maybe Balotelli(lol) if we dont have enough funds.
other hypothetical scenario:
- sell higuain
- buy sms
- move dybala to cf
- buy immobile as backup cf

:snoop:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Because he did not justify his price or wage and this is the last opportunity to cash in.
Probably in Europe and I'd agree to some point because he was brought to make a difference in Europe and not in serie a but the question is who is on his level available and would be a great replacement?

If you can trade Higuain and a couple mil for a Icardi you take that and you fucking run. He may be a pos human being but in terms of being a pure goalscorer and having that killer instinct he’s only behind Suarez and Ronaldo imo.
He can be the next Batistuta for all I care his character is disgusting and knows nothing about moral codes and I'd prefer not to see him in Turin.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Funny how the focus is always on Higuaín, tell me how good has Dybala been in the 'big games' bar that match against Barcelona? The only striker that has been consistent in the big games has been Mandzukic.

In fact how many Juve players have played significantly better than Higuaín this season? Except for Costa I cannot think of any.
Focus is 'always' on him because he's the most expensive and highest payed player on the team. Dybala has been plenty criticized, by me especially. But Dybala is much younger and still has time to improve also. This with Higuain hasn't been a one time thing, it's been a pattern his entire career.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re right. I was also suffering from heat-stroke when he scored a double against Monaco in the semi-finals and assisted a goal in the ill-fated final in the 16/17 season as well. How silly of me.
Yeah, 'assisted' :lol:

Without him Mandžukić never would've scored a once in a lifetime goal. Please, that was an assist on paper only. What about the rest of the game when he was manhandled by Varane, lost every single duel? But if that's enough from a player like Higuain to you :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

We don’t win CL finals in general. We’ve lost finals in this competition consistently since 1997. With better players and squads. Maybe it goes deeper than this or that player. Just a thought.
It's not about finals or one game here or there. It's about complete disappearance and looking completely powerless against WC CBs. You name a game here or there where he was good. It should be the other way around - a game here or there where he wasn't good.

- - - Updated - - -

Mandzukic and Morata with bigger impact than Higuain :touched: . Morata would be nothing even in UCL without Tevez next to him. In the second season he scored against City away and had a good game in Munich which is not more than what Higua did for us in his two seasons here regarding UCL only. Same goes for Mario, he was our main striker in the first season here and did ok. Next two years he played second fiddle to Pipa. Now let's add Serie A achievements into the mix...
You literally proved my point. He did not have a bigger impact than much cheaper strikers we've had, why are people getting so worked up about this? For the price and wage we gave him he should be several heads and shoulders above what those guys gave us. He simply wasn't.

I said he was excellent in Serie A for the most part - that's just not what we paid 90 million for.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
According to Sky Sport Italia, Juventus do not want to sell Higuain & will only consider that scenario if the player himself asks to leave, and if that's the case then Juventus will only consider offers of ~65m euros.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It's all posturing from now on. I have a feeling he's gone, especially with what @Tanu_Mz said last night about SMS. If we want to splash big in midfield someone has to leave for big money, and Higuain fits the bill...

I wouldn't look to get rid of him at all costs but we either sell him or sign someone who can really push him as a backup.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
According to Sky Sport Italia, Juventus do not want to sell Higuain & will only consider that scenario if the player himself asks to leave, and if that's the case then Juventus will only consider offers of ~65m euros.
:lol:

Talk about leaving the door ajar.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
If he does leave, surely we can find a good replacement that's less disgusting than Icardi?

Edit: Lewandowski :tuttosport:
Don't worry man, pretty sure we won't be blowing our entire budget just on upgrading(or rather downgrading?) from Higuain to Icardi, especially as long as there are other gaps to be filled atm. :thumbs:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think that we need to sell to be able to reinforce the midfield. Our most priced asset available for selling are higuain and sandro. Sandro is a definite no go because we have issues in his position.

Higuain should also be a no go but i think he will be sacrificed.

If neither is sold, expect a bonaventura in midfield, kovacic if we do good.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Pipa scored 16 goals in serie A last season, even when Max drop Paulo to make room for him after Pipa started the season in a horrible form and Paulo were killing everyone playing really high...

Somes said we only need a WC MF and RB to be complete, well we all know we can't get that without sell anyone

We should play with Paulo like CF and switching with Mandzo/Alvaro a lot, diagonals from those two with Paulo going out and leaking the ball, bulling rivals RB and taking headers in CF position is something both players can do very well... In that case Alvaro come in a loan so we can spend all our cash on SMS or someone like Paul. At the end, Alvaro and SMS instead Pipa it would be glorious IMO

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
So he’s worth €55m to us on our balance sheet. Looks like we want to cash in whilst he still has a pretty high value. Not a fan of this tbh. I’d only sanction this move if we signed SMS and maybe Martial/Morata.
Na, ill only sanction if we sign a WC striker to replace him, no use selling him if Morata is our main striker, as said above its too risky, we shouldn't have to weaken our attack just to strengthen our midfield

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
As many here said, if he doesn't want to be here anymore and there is a team willing to pay 70-75 mln for him, let him go. However, I don't agree with people who say it will be easy to replace him because it will be not. Morata is a joke for a club of our stature. He couldn't make it at Juve, Real and now Chelsea. Too much of a risk. We need a striker that guarantees at least 25 goals per season. I don't really see an affordable player in the market that would guarantee that.

Icardi would be a strong candidate but Inter will not sell him to us. Martial is in the same bracket as Morata, a question mark. Lewandowski will be expansive af both transfer fee and salary, plus, he's 30yo already. Cavani is basically the same as Lewa but even older.

To sum up, there is no available striker that could replace Higua atm.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Don't buy the sell rumors at all. Not surprising to see the haters trying to discredit Higgy.

He is a world class striker and replacing him would be really difficult.
:agree: Work to improve the team. Too many people are looking at it from a financial point of view.
If we get Lewandowski for Higuain, obviously I'd want that, but we're much more likely to replace him with Balotelli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)