Gonzalo Higuaín (36 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Just watched Argentina beat Haiti 4-0. Not much competition but Higgy started and played about 60 minutes. Goalie made great save to deny him a goal early on and good pass toward the net lead to Messi's 2nd goal.

Still looked a little slow with that fast paced type unit and when Aguero (who scored 4th goal) came on he seemed to be more of a spark for the team, though by that time Haiti looked completely exhausted. Shot difference of 21 (11 on net) to Haiti's 1 (0 on net) tells how much of a practice match this was for Messi and Co.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
This doesn't look like a move that would secure funds for Bonaventuras of the world. Looks like a setup for Morata.

He's 30, soon 31, so this is probably the last chance to get some money back. When we signed him, I was 100% sure he'd stay here for the duration of his contract and end up as 32y old sub for Kean.

Now there are reports that we are willing to sell, some even say we might swap him for Icardi, but that sounds like complete BS, fabricated shit so he can get a new deal there.

Now, would you guys replace Higuain (30) with Morata (25)?

Right now, I would say no, but that might change in a year or two. Then again, next year we'd probably get 25-30 for him.

Tough call.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm s give a viable replacement guy, higuain is the first good 9 we got since trez so I don't see how it will be easy to replace him
it doesent matter, because we wont be replacing him 1 for 1. who replaced him at Napoli? Milik who got injured early in the season. the outcome? they play Mertens as a false 9, score 14 more goals, and win 4 more points, than they did in Higuains 36 goals season. we would still be creating chances, just not for him but other players

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This doesn't look like a move that would secure funds for Bonaventuras of the world. Looks like a setup for Morata.

He's 30, soon 31, so this is probably the last chance to get some money back. When we signed him, I was 100% sure he'd stay here for the duration of his contract and end up as 32y old sub for Kean.

Now there are reports that we are willing to sell, some even say we might swap him for Icardi, but that sounds like complete BS, fabricated shit so he can get a new deal there.

Now, would you guys replace Higuain (30) with Morata (25)?

Right now, I would say no, but that might change in a year or two. Then again, next year we'd probably get 25-30 for him.

Tough call.
hes on 7.5M net wages as well, so if we free that much up, it will probably go to a star player and not some jabronis (we can sign those without "sacrificing" Higgy). either way, this feels like the right time to sell. his decline is visible and he could still be worth 50M+. we need to take advantage of that

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I’m personally excited. He’s a fine player but his skill set doesn’t fit modern football and does not mesh well with the rest of our players. I want to see a more dynamic striker and I wonder what we can do with that. With Higuain, our strike force just doesn’t inspire confidence in big games.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
“Serie A iz weak11!!!l”
Not going by soccer guys on BeIN sports after Argentina match tonight. I think we should not be as down on the quality of the top end Serie clubs.

Here was their final top 10 world club rankings for this season completed:

1 Barcelona
2 Real Madrid
3.Man City
4 Juve
5 Bayern Munich
6 Liverpool
7 Atletico M
8 PSG
9 Napoli
10 Roma

Mar 10, 2009
Paulo, DC, Pjanic, Chiello... and neither of them cost us Pogba + 15m
That's it. No one else has been significantly better than Higuaín this season. Pjanic also went through periods were he was poor as well.

Any there's no point arguing this anymore, it looks like it's settled. He's going...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
it doesent matter, because we wont be replacing him 1 for 1. who replaced him at Napoli? Milik who got injured early in the season. the outcome? they play Mertens as a false 9, score 14 more goals, and win 4 more points, than they did in Higuains 36 goals season. we would still be creating chances, just not for him but other players
Yeah we are never going to play like napoli, and thankfully so since they can't win shit

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
we could replace him with another great 9, like Morata. or you think he isnt a wc 9? in which case, your point about us suffering without one is invalid
Morata is definitely not world class, I love the guy but he is yet to show he can carry a team as a starting 9

Now if we had Morata and Higuain that would be great

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Here's a question though
I know it will never happen and I hate Icardi but think he is a great player

Higuain and 30 odd Mil for Icardi
Would you do it?

Inter won't get a better deal because they won't be able to get a better player than Higuain to replace Mauro

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not going by soccer guys on BeIN sports after Argentina match tonight. I think we should not be as down on the quality of the top end Serie clubs.

Here was their final top 10 world club rankings for this season completed:

1 Barcelona
2 Real Madrid
3.Man City
4 Juve
5 Bayern Munich
6 Liverpool
7 Atletico M
8 PSG
9 Napoli
10 Roma
Barcelona lol. And Juventus should be above City in that list.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
we could replace him with another great 9, like Morata. or you think he isnt a wc 9? in which case, your point about us suffering without one is invalid
Morata is the main reason chelsea failed so hard, we were very close this year what let us down wasn't our forward line it was our poor quality mid made of scraps, with pjanic being the exception, we should concentrate 100% on getting quality in our midfield and a RB, since in all likelihood next year is the last opportunity for this group to win something big. No more tinkering and weakening an area to improve another.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Morata is the main reason chelsea failed so hard, we were very close this year what let us down wasn't our forward line it was our poor quality mid made of scraps, with pjanic being the exception, we should concentrate 100% on getting quality in our midfield and a RB, since in all likelihood next year is the last opportunity for this group to win something big. No more tinkering and weakening an area to improve another.
problem is, i dont see losing Higuain as weakening at all, so i cant agree there.

but even if we put aside me liking Morata and not liking Higuain as a player, liking Morata and not liking Higuain as a fit on the team and next to Dybala, consider this. Higuain is in obvious decline. he will never be better than he is currently and he will never be worth more money than he is currently. shouldnt that be the time to cash in on your 90M/7.5M a year wages investment, when the next opportunity could likely be us generating a loss? Morata is 25 and on his all time low, he will likely keep his value for the next 3-4 years and possibly even improve it in an environment hes familiar with. from a pure financial standpoint, Morata for Higuain makes perfect sense, and imo, from a sporting one as well.

note: i used Morata since hes the name being thrown around the most. id make the same argument for some other players as well, who we are either not linked with or are less likely joining us

- - - Updated - - -

Morata is definitely not world class, I love the guy but he is yet to show he can carry a team as a starting 9

Now if we had Morata and Higuain that would be great
it was a trick question for GDC :p

but i like Morata more as a fit next to Dybala and Costa than i do with Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a question though
I know it will never happen and I hate Icardi but think he is a great player

Higuain and 30 odd Mil for Icardi
Would you do it?

Inter won't get a better deal because they won't be able to get a better player than Higuain to replace Mauro
without even blinking. thats too good of a deal to pass on

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
problem is, i dont see losing Higuain as weakening at all, so i cant agree there.

but even if we put aside me liking Morata and not liking Higuain as a player, liking Morata and not liking Higuain as a fit on the team and next to Dybala, consider this. Higuain is in obvious decline. he will never be better than he is currently and he will never be worth more money than he is currently. shouldnt that be the time to cash in on your 90M/7.5M a year wages investment, when the next opportunity could likely be us generating a loss? Morata is 25 and on his all time low, he will likely keep his value for the next 3-4 years and possibly even improve it in an environment hes familiar with. from a pure financial standpoint, Morata for Higuain makes perfect sense, and imo, from a sporting one as well.

note: i used Morata since hes the name being thrown around the most. id make the same argument for some other players as well, who we are either not linked with or are less likely joining us

- - - Updated - - -

it was a trick question for GDC :p

but i like Morata more as a fit next to Dybala and Costa than i do with Higuain.
So you willing to reshuffle a team that was very close this year to going the distance in CL because you are worried about financial loss? Sorry that doesn't make sense imo especially since we brought him here for that very reason.
as for the sporting side, that's purely wishful thinking fueled by bias toward each player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)