Boksic

May 11, 2005
We keep talking about wanting to be like Bayern. Every single summer, and with every major player sale, we are edging closer to a Dortmund. Our luck with adequate acquisitions and replacements will run out at some point.

What's even more pathetic than those sales, is the people trying to endorse and justify what the board does. No one is saying go ape$#@! and offer 10 million in wages, or 120 million to acquire a player, but once we have good players here, don't $#@!ing sell them. Honestly, losing both Sandro and Alves in one summer is a massive hit. Our midfield has never fully recovered from the losses of both Pogba and Vidal, and now we are potentially looking at replacing not one, but two fullbacks. $#@! that $#@!!
:agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
Football is a business now. Been saying that for a few years.

The sooner the lot here figures that out, the better off they will be.
That's true, but pocketing 109m from CL, add 50m from sales, add don't know how much from sponsors and merchandise and you'll have such a nice budget to fund your transfers that you don't need to sell your best 1-2 players in order to buy someone...

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
I will always love this club even though we are major chokers when it matters most, but selling our best players every summer like little bitches is what annoys the hell out of me.

We are above Porto level but not even close to a top club, more like a stepping stone for players. Not a single top club sells their top players year after year.

And the worst thing about it, we don't even want to change it but instead encourage it with the usual "it's in the players hands" idiotic statements.

I lost interest in football altogether.

Our board and everyone running this club can seriously fuck off if we continue this path.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
This. :agree:
I never thought it would get to this, but after supporting this team for twenty years, this new style of managing has little by little killed all my passion for this team. It's so unbelievable and heartbreaking.
Basically, there's nothing left to root for. After all, what's a club for the fans if not its players that they idolize? If you keep selling every year, there won't be no heart. Just a hollow player-reshuffling machine.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Football is a business now. Been saying that for a few years.

The sooner the lot here figures that out, the better off they will be.
Do you see now why I have no desire to be here for more than a moment or two this summer?

We just won our 6th straight scudetto, our third straight domestic double, played in our 2nd CL final in 3 years.

And yet every other post right now is crying and bitching about the club, the players, the coach, the management, the board. It's disgusting. The sense of entitlememt and the sad-sack whining and moaning is pathetic. People calling Beppe a disgrace and a pussy (and no Osman it is not just badass and Turk), people calling Allegri a pussy and a yes man, people saying they are done with this club and Juventus isn't worth watching or supporting any longer, people saying the board and everyone associated with running this club can fuck right off, people calling Juventus a laughing stock, and so on.

It's almost unbelievable how pathetic and disgusting the behaviour on this forum is right now, the sad part is that it's entirely predictable.

I want to be here to cheer Juventus on with fellow fans, to be excited about this club, the fantastic players it has and signs each summer, to miss and reminisce about the club legends that have left or leave, to celebrate our many successes, to lament our failures but with hopes and belief that we will succeed next time.

Instead it's just one constant bitch and moan about how this club is run and the people associated with it.

Jun 6, 2015
Do you see now why I have no desire to be here for more than a moment or two this summer?

We just won our 6th straight scudetto, our third straight domestic double, played in our 2nd CL final in 3 years.

And yet every other post right now is crying and bitching about the club, the players, the coach, the management, the board. It's disgusting. The sense of entitlememt and the sad-sack whining and moaning is pathetic. People calling Beppe a disgrace and a pussy (and no Osman it is not just badass and Turk), people calling Allegri a pussy and a yes man, people saying they are done with this club and Juventus isn't worth watching or supporting any longer, people saying the board and everyone associated with running this club can fuck right off, people calling Juventus a laughing stock, and so on.

It's almost unbelievable how pathetic and disgusting the behaviour on this forum is right now, the sad part is that it's entirely predictable.

I want to be here to cheer Juventus on with fellow fans, to be excited about this club, the fantastic players it has and signs each summer, to miss and reminisce about the club legends that have left or leave, to celebrate our many successes, to lament our failures but with hopes and belief that we will succeed next time.

Instead it's just one constant bitch and moan about how this club is run and the people associated with it.
I'll cheer with you :dule:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
#TeamPathetic

If we sell Sandro, I want both Elkaan and Beppe gone. Honestly, I'd rather have some rich Chinese owner or Russian Oligarch if it means we can finally say no and keep our best players.

In the past, I used to get excited about following the team, knowing that my favorite players (with the exception of Zidane) were gonna be there when the season kicked off. Now, I just don't know anymore. One year it's Vidal, the next Pogba, potentially Sandro. I don't want to develop attachments because there's no guarantee any of the impactful players will stick around long enough. It was devastating to see both Baggio and Zidane leave, Nedved retire, Del Piero leave, and it'll be difficult to see Buffon hang up his gloves. However, all of those players, barring Zidane and Baggio, served us until the end.

I don't give two shits about the Sturaros and Rincons of this world. I don't think any fan goes to the stadium and says "wow, I can't wait to see what Rincon has in store for us, or what Sturaro is going to do today."

Players make the team, not the other way around. If we keep selling off our best assests, we'll eventually fade into obscurity, become a footnote, because to be relevant, to expand our revenue, we need to maintain the highest standards in the CL, and I'm afraid we won't be able to do so if we let other teams take our assets.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'll cheer too, but if we sell Alex Sandro i have every right to be angry.
No one is saying you can't be upset or angry. I will be upset if we sell Sandro. I was upset about selling Vidal.

Saying Juventus is a disgrace, a laughing stock, not worth watching or supporting is utterly pathetic.

And for those bitching about CL. 3 clubs have won the CL more than twice since 1985 when we won our first. 3 clubs. Not 10 clubs, not even 5 clubs. 3 clubs. Madrid, Barca, Milan. This isn't some case of us being put to shame by every top club in football in the last 30 odd years, with every top club winning the CL al the time but us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's true, but pocketing 109m from CL, add 50m from sales, add don't know how much from sponsors and merchandise and you'll have such a nice budget to fund your transfers that you don't need to sell your best 1-2 players in order to buy someone...
Don't forget we spread our payments over a couple of years. We are still paying for players we bought a couple years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

True, I agree with you usually on everything and this time is no different. But even this summer is making me a bit nervous. :D I always wait until its over before I judge, more so, until the end of next season to judge honestly. This time will be no different.

It's annoying that its the same people every stinking summer. To me, they are biggest fake & hypocritical fans and personally shouldn't be members of this forum. But that's me, the eternal optimist. Even I get tested.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Don't forget we spread our payments over a couple of years. We are still paying for players we bought a couple years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

True, I agree with you usually on everything and this time is no different. But even this summer is making me a bit nervous. :D I always wait until its over before I judge, more so, until the end of next season to judge honestly. This time will be no different.

It's annoying that its the same people every stinking summer. To me, they are biggest fake & hypocritical fans and personally shouldn't be members of this forum. But that's me, the eternal optimist. Even I get tested.
Those fans turned out to be right, we are dead set on never becoming a top team again.
Defending the sale of our best players every summer is the epitome of delusion.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
#TeamPathetic

If we sell Sandro, I want both Elkaan and Beppe gone. Honestly, I'd rather have some rich Chinese owner or Russian Oligarch if it means we can finally say no and keep our best players.

In the past, I used to get excited about following the team, knowing that my favorite players (with the exception of Zidane) were gonna be there when the season kicked off. Now, I just don't know anymore. One year it's Vidal, the next Pogba, potentially Sandro. I don't want to develop attachments because there's no guarantee any of the impactful players will stick around long enough. It was devastating to see both Baggio and Zidane leave, Nedved retire, Del Piero leave, and it'll be difficult to see Buffon hang up his gloves. However, all of those players, barring Zidane and Baggio, served us until the end.

I don't give two $#@!s about the Sturaros and Rincons of this world. I don't think any fan goes to the stadium and says "wow, I can't wait to see what Rincon has in store for us, or what Sturaro is going to do today."

Players make the team, not the other way around. If we keep selling off our best assests, we'll eventually fade into obscurity, become a footnote, because to be relevant, to expand our revenue, we need to maintain the highest standards in the CL, and I'm afraid we won't be able to do so if we let other teams take our assets.

Amen, we all share an emotional bond with Juventus, but players extend that relationship by being able to connect to them due to their performances on the pitch, once you get a team that changes heavily every season it becomes very difficult to maintain a part of that bond and affiliation with the club.

In the end everyone has their favourite players that makes them even more eager to watch Juventus games, take them out and it just isn't the same. Quality players attract crowds, simple as that.

I cannot imagine anyone who would (willingly) enjoy watching our games with 5 rincons, 5 sturaro's and 1 rubinho on the pitch..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
You do have every right to be angry and you should be angry because selling Alex Sandro would be one epic $#@! up.
:tup: it is. Any other fans of big clubs would feel the same way. Imagine how bayern fans would feel if they sold Alaba and so on. As big clubs you need to keep your big players. In my opinion there are only 7 untouchables. Alex Sandro is one of them because he's consistently been a beast. The left back position was our doomed position for decades and it feels like were going back to that again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...And for those bitching about CL. 3 clubs have won the CL more than twice since 1985 when we won our first. 3 clubs. Not 10 clubs, not even 5 clubs. 3 clubs. Madrid, Barca, Milan...
honestly, who cares. we lost 5 finals since our last cl title. 5 lost finals, that's straight up disappointing. you found some stats to comfort you? good for you. :boh:

and in europe, we always find an excuse, just like roma or napoli in serie a. against dortmund, we partied too much before the final. against real, it was the offside goal. against milan, we lacked nedved. against barcelona, we didn't get a penalty on pogba, and there was a foul on barca's winning goal. against real, 2 deflected goals and 2 injuries killed our team. plenty of excuses, and a combined goal difference of 3-11 for the 5 finals. let's just face it and say we're chokers in the finals. (the only final we didn't choke was 2 years ago: we faced a better team and we made them suffer a lot.) having only a couple of teams above us won't change a thing: we had 5 shots on the title since our last one, and we blew all of those. not the refs, not bad luck, it was all on juventus.

we simply need to do better, and selling our best players every year is not necessarily the best strategy to begin with.

Jun 6, 2015
Those fans turned out to be right, we are dead set on never becoming a top team again.
Defending the sale of our best players every summer is the epitome of delusion.
You sharing their views doesn't make them right. Everyone has their right to think what they want but I'd argue that the results have shown that the naysayers are more "delusional" than those that defend the management. Not sharing your views doesn't make one delusional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)