Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The majority of players want to win titles, earn money and enjoy the good life. Not a single thing here they can do better in England than Italy. Surely you understand that EPL clubs aren't ALWAYS overpaying, cause they have stupid GMs. Not much else to say there.
Then why majority of better player go to EPL rather than joining Serie A? There's more money there. And no, not everyone wants to win. Majority would want to earn. You will hardly see any player saying no to Chelsea, Manchester City/United and even Arsenal/Liverpool. But you will see players rejecting Inter, Milan, Napoli and Roma. Hell, some would probably pick EPL over Juve too.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
Then why majority of better player go to EPL rather than joining Serie A? There's more money there. And no, not everyone wants to win. Majority would want to earn. You will hardly see any player saying no to Chelsea, Manchester City/United and even Arsenal/Liverpool. But you will see players rejecting Inter, Milan, Napoli and Roma. Hell, some would probably pick EPL over Juve too.
Arsenal, you are joking, right? The Media is saying Mbappe wants to joint them, but if you believe the same british media then there is no better thing than the EPL. Its better than bread.

Chelski and Citeh? Hahahah. I guess the possibility of being an honorable citizeh of Russia or UAE is what attracted top players. Not the insane contracts. Why wouldn't the arabs spend billions to bring the great game to Manchester?

No player, except probably idiots or british nationals, would prefer the EPL. Most go there by for the sole reason of money and lots of it. A man has to spend just 5 days in Manchester and say 5 days even in Turin(a relatively shitty city by Mediterranean standards) to know that there is no logical reason why one would spend his time in the UK. Only money fits that bill.

PP: As you can see the Chinese league is getting more attractive. Costa - the top scorer of the champions in EPL dreamed of joining China last year. I guess he just wanted to play in an even better league...:lol:
And the same chinese resources are coming to Inter, (probably) Milan - so the situation will turn around on a dime.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Arsenal, you are joking, right? The Media is saying Mbappe wants to joint them, but if you believe the same british media then there is no better thing than the EPL. Its better than bread.

Chelski and Citeh? Hahahah. I guess the possibility of being an honorable citizeh of Russia or UAE is what attracted top players. Not the insane contracts. Why wouldn't the arabs spend billions to bring the great game to Manchester?

No player, except probably idiots or british nationals, would prefer the EPL. Most go there by for the sole reason of money and lots of it. A man has to spend just 5 days in Manchester and say 5 days even in Turin(a relatively shitty city by Mediterranean standards) to know that there is no logical reason why one would spend his time in the UK. Only money fits that bill.

PP: As you can see the Chinese league is getting more attractive. Costa - the top scorer of the champions in EPL dreamed of joining China last year. I guess he just wanted to play in an even better league...:lol:
And the same chinese resources are coming to Inter, (probably) Milan - so the situation will turn around on a dime.
But that's exactly what I meant. Majority is going to pick that money rather than the Italian weather.

It is about the money and EPL has it more.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I will always love this club even though we are major chokers when it matters most, but selling our best players every summer like little bitches is what annoys the hell out of me.

We are above Porto level but not even close to a top club, more like a stepping stone for players. Not a single top club sells their top players year after year.

And the worst thing about it, we don't even want to change it but instead encourage it with the usual "it's in the players hands" idiotic statements.

I lost interest in football altogether.

Our board and everyone running this club can seriously fuck off if we continue this path.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm just gonna focus on making money and stop watching football/soccer altogether if we continue this disgusting policy of letting players leave. I'll just watch more American sports, mainly basketball. At least I know the Magic suck and have no chance of winning anything for the next 10 years at least, so I can enjoy basketball without the added pressure and stress.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I will always love this club even though we are major chokers when it matters most, but selling our best players every summer like little bitches is what annoys the hell out of me.

We are above Porto level but not even close to a top club, more like a stepping stone for players. Not a single top club sells their top players year after year.

And the worst thing about it, we don't even want to change it but instead encourage it with the usual "it's in the players hands" idiotic statements.

I lost interest in football altogether.

Our board and everyone running this club can seriously $#@! off if we continue this path.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
We have become the Harrod's of football, a more luxurious version of Porto and Benfica..

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
What he did with the team last season was a disgrace to leave us short in so many areas and play a formation with a lack of players.

Some people still praised Beppe and acted like he was a genius.

I don't like that we're selling Sandro but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until the market closes to see what sort of players he brings in.

Mar 10, 2009
Worryingly we're not even selling to the likes of Barcelona or Real. I can somewhat get over Vidal going to Bayern considering their recent success, but to teams on the EPL? That's so "Porto-ish."

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What is the point of this strategy though? They say they want to buy cheap and build something big to compete, because they can't spend the same way that for example some EPL clubs do. But when you actually end up nurturing some of the top 5 players in the world in their position, you end up selling? Pogba, Vidal, Sandro were all bought under the strategy of buying cheap and thankfully they ended up top 5 in their own positions, but why end up selling?
So now what, start over again? And until when? Until we don't have that luck on our side and end up like every other club out there failing.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Higuain was the biggest surprise for me.

Not really an elite player and not a player we can get the best out of with our style of play.

If he was younger and we spent €90 million i wouldn't have minded but his best years are behind him and he's very overweight.

It was not a typical Juve move to spend that much money on one player that is not able to drastically improve us

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I'm just gonna focus on making money and stop watching football/soccer altogether if we continue this disgusting policy of letting players leave. I'll just watch more American sports, mainly basketball. At least I know the Magic suck and have no chance of winning anything for the next 10 years at least, so I can enjoy basketball without the added pressure and stress.
that's fair.
i'll be rooting for napoli

Boksic

May 11, 2005
What is the point of this strategy though? They say they want to buy cheap and build something big to compete, because they can't spend the same way that for example some EPL clubs do. But when you actually end up nurturing some of the top 5 players in the world in their position, you end up selling? Pogba, Vidal, Sandro were all bought under the strategy of buying cheap and thankfully they ended up top 5 in their own positions, but why end up selling?
So now what, start over again? And until when? Until we don't have that luck on our side and end up like every other club out there failing.
:agree:

You can only keep selling your best players for so long, eventually you won't replace them properly and you lose out. We have already seen that with Vidal.

It is a pathetic mentality, we moan about Serie A needing to have more confidence and act like a top league. But we are the top team and act like a selling club.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:agree:

You can only keep selling your best players for so long, eventually you won't replace them properly and you lose out. We have already seen that with Vidal.

It is a pathetic mentality, we moan about Serie A needing to have more confidence and act like a top league. But we are the top team and act like a selling club.
We went from double+CL final to double+ cl final.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We went from double+CL final to double+ cl final.
Maybe we would have won it with him the second time. We all complained about the problem being the midfield and getting overrun. I seem to remember you being one of the most vocal saying that Khedira wasn't good enough - surely Vidal would have been an improvement for us.

It's not like we got a huge amount of money for him that strengthen the team eg Pogba sale.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't see why people are putting all the blame on him for our selling policy. It's not as if its his decisions instead of being a board one or if sacking him would bring a change in policy.

The policy sucks but its not like he's solely instituting it

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Football is a business now. Been saying that for a few years.

The sooner the lot here figures that out, the better off they will be.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We keep talking about wanting to be like Bayern. Every single summer, and with every major player sale, we are edging closer to a Dortmund. Our luck with adequate acquisitions and replacements will run out at some point.

What's even more pathetic than those sales, is the people trying to endorse and justify what the board does. No one is saying go apeshit and offer 10 million in wages, or 120 million to acquire a player, but once we have good players here, don't fucking sell them. Honestly, losing both Sandro and Alves in one summer is a massive hit. Our midfield has never fully recovered from the losses of both Pogba and Vidal, and now we are potentially looking at replacing not one, but two fullbacks. Fuck that shit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)