Gianluigi Buffon (127 Viewers)

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
Ok being ONLY 28 ( for a goalkeeper is nothing) if he stays in Juve he will become a legend for sure. I think he`ll put this in the balance when he make a decision.
And by the way dont forget he has a very serious relationship with his girl friend and the girl work in Italy and is settle in Torino. And dont see Gigi doing anything the girl doesnt want to. She is a babe.

On the other hand I think if one of the big should go, then I think Camoranesi must be the first one. First because of his age, and second because he already want to leave the club. I saw him in an interview in an Argentine Channel last july and he clearly explained how tired of the stress of Italian Calcio he was, and that he want to " go somewhere where I can suffer less".
Most of all when we have a great young player that can play in his position and who by the way I think MUST play is camo continue to play in the level he s been playing so far this season.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is not getting carried away by rumours tipping him to win the prestigious Ballon d'Or.

Barcelona's Brazilian playmaker Ronaldinho scooped the award for European Footballer of the Year last season but reports in Italy suggest Buffon is the favourite this time.

The winner will be revealed in Paris on November 27, but Buffon is not sure he will come out on top.

"I know nothing about this I swear. Let's see and let's hope," he commented.

Former Juventus star Michel Platini believes an Italian deserves to win following their World Cup success in the summer, and gave his backing to either Buffon or Azzurri captain Fabio Cannavaro.

"I would give the Ballon d'Or to an Italian player, because they won the World Cup," he said.

"I would give it to Buffon because it is time that (Lev) Yashin (the last goalkeeper to win the award in 1963) had an heir.

"Cannavaro too would be a worthy winner for his big performances at the World Cup."

Platini also offered his thoughts on Juve's relegation to Serie B for match-fixing, and praised the players who stayed at the club.

He said: "Juve have been bad and they are paying for this, but I have a lot of admiration for the players who remained.

"I think that, in their situation, I would have stayed in Turin too.

"In two years Bianconeri will once again be at the top in Italy and in Europe."

SkySports.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
mark83 said:
Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is not getting carried away by rumours tipping him to win the prestigious Ballon d'Or.

Barcelona's Brazilian playmaker Ronaldinho scooped the award for European Footballer of the Year last season but reports in Italy suggest Buffon is the favourite this time.

The winner will be revealed in Paris on November 27, but Buffon is not sure he will come out on top.

"I know nothing about this I swear. Let's see and let's hope," he commented.

Former Juventus star Michel Platini believes an Italian deserves to win following their World Cup success in the summer, and gave his backing to either Buffon or Azzurri captain Fabio Cannavaro.

"I would give the Ballon d'Or to an Italian player, because they won the World Cup," he said.

"I would give it to Buffon because it is time that (Lev) Yashin (the last goalkeeper to win the award in 1963) had an heir.

"Cannavaro too would be a worthy winner for his big performances at the World Cup."

Platini also offered his thoughts on Juve's relegation to Serie B for match-fixing, and praised the players who stayed at the club.

He said: "Juve have been bad and they are paying for this, but I have a lot of admiration for the players who remained.

"I think that, in their situation, I would have stayed in Turin too.

"In two years Bianconeri will once again be at the top in Italy and in Europe."

SkySports.com
Word, Michel ;)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Omair said:
Platini? You gotta love him .. I do hope that he becomes the UEFA head ..
:agree: He'd be better than sepp blatter. Come to that, as Platini probably appreciates good footballers/ talent than our board, he might be a good replacement for one of them.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Henry Tapped For Golden Ball Award?

Ronaldinho? Nope. Buffon? Maybe. Henry? S'il vous plait...

It appears Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has been tabbed to win his first Ballon d'Or (Golden Ball) award as Europe's top footballer, says a source close to Goal.com.

The Frenchman led his club team to a runner-up finish in the Champions League last season, and he helped inspire France to the World Cup finals.

French magazine France Football awards the Ballon d'Or, which is voted on by European journalists, one from each member country of UEFA. Only players on European clubs are eligible for the award. The winner is set to be announced on November 27.

Reports last week hinted that Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was being tapped for the award, which would make Buffon only the second goalkeeper ever to be so honored.

Barcelona forward Ronaldinho is the reigning Golden Ball winner, and the Brazilian recently picked up the FIFPro award for World Player of the Year in a voting by fellow footballers.

If Henry does win the award, he will be the first Frenchman to win since Zinedine Zidane won in 1998. Henry also would become the first Premiership-based player to win since Liverpool's Michael Owen won in 2001.

Goal.com

------------------------------------------------

What the heck??:pumpkin:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
ReBeL said:
Henry Tapped For Golden Ball Award?

Ronaldinho? Nope. Buffon? Maybe. Henry? S'il vous plait...

It appears Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has been tabbed to win his first Ballon d'Or (Golden Ball) award as Europe's top footballer, says a source close to Goal.com.

The Frenchman led his club team to a runner-up finish in the Champions League last season, and he helped inspire France to the World Cup finals.

French magazine France Football awards the Ballon d'Or, which is voted on by European journalists, one from each member country of UEFA. Only players on European clubs are eligible for the award. The winner is set to be announced on November 27.

Reports last week hinted that Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was being tapped for the award, which would make Buffon only the second goalkeeper ever to be so honored.

Barcelona forward Ronaldinho is the reigning Golden Ball winner, and the Brazilian recently picked up the FIFPro award for World Player of the Year in a voting by fellow footballers.

If Henry does win the award, he will be the first Frenchman to win since Zinedine Zidane won in 1998. Henry also would become the first Premiership-based player to win since Liverpool's Michael Owen won in 2001.

Goal.com

------------------------------------------------

What the heck??:pumpkin:

the source from goal.com is a report in some Spanish media this morning. :rolleyes:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
He got his team to the CL final, let us not forget about that.
exactly he didnt have as much impact as gigi did in the world cup and in the league. For me its either Canna or gigi.

@Mark: thanx for checking the source mate, i dont trust those spanish newspapers

Sep 1, 2002
Jeeks said:
He got his team to the CL final, let us not forget about that.

Yeah, but it was Zidane who dragged France to a whisker (or head) of the World Cup.
He lit up the tournament like no other could have done, and was by far the outstanding player.

Buffon if not Zizou.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Buffon served Italia in the WC the same way that Henry serving Arsenal in the CL ...

Henry didn't do his stuff in the WC it was Zizou..

and guess what the WC is more prestegious :) .. so Buffon deserves it more ..

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Buffon did save Zidanes header after Zizou gave Buffon the all mighty disrespect in the final and chipped the penalty that would have hurt! Out of this world tho.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)