General TV (21 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Are you gonna watch it from the start? Then here's a warning:

You'll feel at the start of the series that it is just all about a glorified whore house. But it gets better after like 5-6 episodes.

The whole concept of mind programming and implanting personalities is great, and some pros and cons are well highlighted in this show. Plus, Eliza Dushku is hot! :lick:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just watched the latest ep. of Dollhouse. I have no idea why the show got cancelled! The plot is becoming so interesting! Gonna miss this show! :cry:
I'm on episode 5, will marathon it soon, yeah since episode 13, last extra ep of last season, the show has gotten waay more interesting.

But who gives a fuck, we just conceaded a goal...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Was that a pilot? I thought it was made at the end of the season.

I tried Dollhouse, but gave up after about 5 episodes due to a combination of Hulu being the worst medium I've ever experienced and extreme disinterest. I've read a plot synopsis of the rest of the season, as well as critical reaction, and I don't think I'll be giving it another try.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Are you gonna watch it from the start? Then here's a warning:

You'll feel at the start of the series that it is just all about a glorified whore house. But it gets better after like 5-6 episodes.

The whole concept of mind programming and implanting personalities is great, and some pros and cons are well highlighted in this show. Plus, Eliza Dushku is hot! :lick:
Yeah the pilot was underwhelming, I'll give it a chance though.

Apr 15, 2006
Was that a pilot? I thought it was made at the end of the season.

I tried Dollhouse, but gave up after about 5 episodes due to a combination of Hulu being the worst medium I've ever experienced and extreme disinterest. I've read a plot synopsis of the rest of the season, as well as critical reaction, and I don't think I'll be giving it another try.
It was meant to be the actually pilot, but Fox, I think, thought it was too different from the actual series, so they scrapped it.

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
are we recommending tv shows on this thread? okay here goes:
Californication (three seasons, solid writing)
Entourage (except this shitty season 6)
Mad Men (seems ok i guess, mid way through season 2 still keeps me wanting to know more)

OP
V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #170
    • V

V

I'm almost finished with Mad Men Season 1, it was good to kill the time, not very gripping though. Too little humor IMO, it could have been much better with more interesting characters....but I guess that wasn't the aim of the show.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    I'm almost finished with Mad Men Season 1, it was good to kill the time, not very gripping though. Too little humor IMO, it could have been much better with more interesting characters....but I guess that wasn't the aim of the show.
    Hello, it's a DRAMA series.
    -------------------------------------------------

Just for the record here's the list of shows I've seen/am seeing in their entirety (in chronological order of hookedness):

Lost
    Family Guy
    Entourage
    How I Met Your Mother
    Two and a Half Men
    Californication
    House MD
    Mad Men
    Dexter...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    What a coincidence, I'm watching Mad Men myself too, for the first time.
    Think I've seen the first 5 episodes by now.

It's rather good with a lot of nice details, but it's not exactly gripping to be honest. Usually, when I'm watching a show that I really like, I just can't wait to see the next episode. I don't seem to be having that with Mad Men.

ajit

Dec 19, 2005

It's rather good with a lot of nice details, but it's not exactly gripping to be honest. Usually, when I'm watching a show that I really like, I just can't wait to see the next episode. I don't seem to be having that with Mad Men.
    For me, Lost was the only series that made me watch it continuously.

Just finished watching 1st season of Mad Men and i agree its quiet good. Flash Forward looks interesting too.

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #178
    • V

V

What a coincidence, I'm watching Mad Men myself too, for the first time.

Bingo.
    Eℓvin;2275216 said:
    Hello, it's a DRAMA series.
    So?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Lost is the most addicting and fascinating series I seen in ages.

Btw, I agree with Butt fucker and Vlatko, I like Mad Men and seen most of the first season, but its not an engaging series that hooks you (you drama's does that too), that something extra to draw you in, even if I appriciated it for what it is. I forgot to watch the 2nd season, and didnt bother since. I will give it more time eventually, just not bothered now, even if I liked it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)