General TV (22 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I get what you are saying now, but what you said a few posts back it the opposite to what you just said, unless iv still got you wrong. Are you saying the irish accent is similar the english accent (i dont know which of the 30 or so accents you are talking about) in comparison to the scottish and australian etc.etc.
Yes, yes! A thousand times yes!

I know I explained it poorly but you guys' failure to understand what I meant stupefies me. Only mik did.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I understand it, you are ignorant of the nuances of the languages,

which is still stupid.
I don't know what I was thinking having this conversation with two of the brightest people on the forum.

Yes, by all means let's all decide I'm ignorant and end this massacre of failed communication already.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Look i would never make such a brash statement, there are some people that live in England that i can barely understand because their accents are so different. I have a home counties accent which is probably the most famous English accent from England, because it essentially is no accent. And i understand that to someone that lives abroad, all English accents sound the same. The same way that all dutch accents sound the same to me, but i am sure that they all sound different to you. I can differentiate towns in peoples accents where i live as i am sure everyone else can in their local areas. I just dont understand why you would say that there is no difference when there are major differences that you arent aware of.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm not the one who said that all English accents are the same, by all means show me the post where I did.

Not that that I had anything to do with my point in the first place.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You said there English accent, kind of suggesting to me you think all English accents sound the same. youve just grouped together about 80 million people in that post as having the same accent....pretty brash thing to do.
Yes, because I was trying to say that the Irish accent isn't very distant from English, in which case it did not suit my articulation at all to deal with the issue being that there are lots of very diverse English accents. You know how you skip a step in a math proof because it's supposed to be obvious?

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I don't know what I was thinking having this conversation with two of the brightest people on the forum.
you don't need to patronise me/be condesending.

Yes, because I was trying to say that the Irish accent isn't very distant from English, in which case it did not suit my articulation at all to deal with the issue being that there are lots of very diverse English accents. You know how you skip a step in a math proof because it's supposed to be obvious?
Are we arguing a mute point again? I cba to argue anymore, im sure im missing the point of what you've tried to say because i believe that base of your argument to be based on ignorance.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Cant you all stfu for a moment, and focus instead on how Gay scots are? (kilts are only traditional indeed, not lazy access for sodomy at all...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)