General TV (23 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I got my own Somali heroes, but it's hilarious to see the reaction of when there is historical misrepresentation as a black Achilles or some non sense like that. The ones that are satisfied with that shit are retarded and the ones that make it are simply profiting off of those people lack of self awareness.

Personally I'd love to see a movie or series on the likes of Toussaint L'Ouverture and Jean Jacque Dessaline, or Thomas Alexandre Dumas. Those guys led extremely interesting lives and have performed incredible feats. I'd love to see something about Muhammed Abdallah Hassan, legendary Somali leader, that the Brits called the Mad Mullah. Cheap knockoffs like Black Achilles don't interest me, but I do love seeing @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=7208" target="_blank">Kyle</a>'s reactions to it :D
How about this black hero @Osman

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
How about this black hero @Osman

C'est des foutaises.
For real, larger than life historical figures like Thomas Alexandre Dumas and Muhammed Abdallah Hassan is what I wanna see. Alexandre Dumas was inspired by his fathers deeds when he wrote books like Count of Monte Cristo, Man with an iron mask, 3 muskateers. And Muhammed Abdallah Hassan was a top military mastermind who fought 3 wars at the simultaneously against 3 superior forces (England, Italy, Ethiopia) with a relatively small force, not to mention he was one of Somalia's greatest poets. These guys would be AMAZING subjects for movies/series.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not enough projects done about liberators like of Julius Kambarage Nyerere, Patrice Lumumba or Kwame Nkrumah. Not exactly tradtional liberator, but Thomas Sankara would made for a cool film, iconic guy.

Or historical fiction about Mansa Musa, Queen Nzinga or Shaka Zulu.

Or wait, there was a tv series about Shaka, it was my absolute fav as a kid :touched:

Me myself I want to see a comedy done about Haile Selassie, comedy because it would be about the visit he made to Jamaica, that shit was so surreal :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah thats beyond pathetic.

He'd be a great figure to make a series around. Especially considering the mystery of the foreign involvement in his eventual execution.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I would watch those shows for sure, it's sad they think there are no interesting black characters in history worth making a movie from so they shove blacks into ancient greece etc
Touissant he mentioned would be great for BBC production to make really. They love that era anyways, while waste African acting talent on Greek mythology?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He'd be a great figure to make a series around. Especially considering the mystery of the foreign involvement in his eventual execution.
Yeah for sure, tho not much of a mystery for me, he was assassinated by the The Cia / colonial powers.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah for sure, tho not much of a mystery for me, he was assassinated by the The Cia / colonial powers.

They were definitely involved. Belgium has even come out and admitted they were involved (though I guess when the firing squad was led by a Belgian officer it is pretty difficult to deny), but just what they did and how much they knew is still not in the clear.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Touissant he mentioned would be great for BBC production to make really. They love that era anyways, while waste African acting talent on Greek mythology?

Because they need to regurgitate the same 15 historical events till the end of time while thousands worthwhile stories from all over the world remain untold. And even within the most represented events like WW2 they pick the same campaigns over and over

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
¿Te gusta en español, papi?
Yo, I saw this random tv comedy trailer, and I cant help let go of the fact the Captain character in this (actor Dylan McDermott), seems SOOOOOO perfect for Sterling Archer live action, I mean like really on point persona :D

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Those Real Detective documentaries i stumbled over out of boredom on Netflix are pretty good. Way better than all the other true crime shows around. Actors are really good from what i've seen so far.

Edit: Way way better than your average true crime shows. Finally a show with good color grading. Adds so much to the atmosphere.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Dark - Is it good?
Its a bit slow paced and characters at the start are a bit shallow, but the mindfuck starts at the end of the 5th episode (there are hints throughout the episode). It's worth being patient, and it's a wild ride. Dialogues could be better, but the premise of the series is pretty good and I enjoyed the show in general more than the second season of Stranger Things.

The series poke interesting concepts in Physics (tweaking those and inventing some stuff), so that's cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)