General TV (29 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not enough black african heroes?
Not enough projects done about liberators like of Julius Kambarage Nyerere, Patrice Lumumba or Kwame Nkrumah. Not exactly tradtional liberator, but Thomas Sankara would made for a cool film, iconic guy.

Or historical fiction about Mansa Musa, Queen Nzinga or Shaka Zulu.

Or wait, there was a tv series about Shaka, it was my absolute fav as a kid :touched:

Me myself I want to see a comedy done about Haile Selassie, comedy because it would be about the visit he made to Jamaica, that shit was so surreal :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah thats beyond pathetic.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Not enough black african heroes?
I got my own Somali heroes, but it's hilarious to see the reaction of when there is historical misrepresentation as a black Achilles or some non sense like that. The ones that are satisfied with that shit are retarded and the ones that make it are simply profiting off of those people lack of self awareness.

Personally I'd love to see a movie or series on the likes of Toussaint L'Ouverture and Jean Jacque Dessaline, or Thomas Alexandre Dumas. Those guys led extremely interesting lives and have performed incredible feats. I'd love to see something about Muhammed Abdallah Hassan, legendary Somali leader, that the Brits called the Mad Mullah. Cheap knockoffs like Black Achilles don't interest me, but I do love seeing @Kyle's reactions to it :D

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I got my own Somali heroes, but it's hilarious to see the reaction of when there is historical misrepresentation as a black Achilles or some non sense like that. The ones that are satisfied with that shit are retarded and the ones that make it are simply profiting off of those people lack of self awareness.

Personally I'd love to see a movie or series on the likes of Toussaint L'Ouverture and Jean Jacque Dessaline, or Thomas Alexandre Dumas. Those guys led extremely interesting lives and have performed incredible feats. I'd love to see something about Muhammed Abdallah Hassan, legendary Somali leader, that the Brits called the Mad Mullah. Cheap knockoffs like Black Achilles don't interest me, but I do love seeing @Kyle's reactions to it :D
I would watch those shows for sure, it's sad they think there are no interesting black characters in history worth making a movie from so they shove blacks into ancient greece etc

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
yes, i can't stand misinterpretations of historical figures like Achilles :mut:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Something on Menelik 2nd and the legendary Battle of Adwa and all of it's intricacies would have been amazing as well. I kinda hate and love Menelik 2nd, I love him for what he represents and his great accomplshments, but I hold quite a bit of resentment because of Somalia losing the territory of Ogaden, it's been centuries ago but still :(

Regardless, he'd be a great person to create a movie/series off of, there's is plenty to cover. Same goes for the bloody Mengistu and the crooked Siad who came much later.

- - - Updated - - -

I would watch those shows for sure, it's sad they think there are no interesting black characters in history worth making a movie from so they shove blacks into ancient greece etc
Yeah it's non sense, and it's not pleasing whatsoever. It's insulting more then anything, regardless it's on Africans to represent their own heroes. If they don't, they'll be garbage like this spewed around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)