General TV (16 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes, the only good German show is Hausmeister Krause

- - - Updated - - -

Watch Bright, it's truly great nuanced and subtle lowkey fantasy :baus:
:lol:

Use my own words against me. :( There's no way I'm watching that movie. It looks beyond ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a bit slow paced and characters at the start are a bit shallow, but the mindfuck starts at the end of the 5th episode (there are hints throughout the episode). It's worth being patient, and it's a wild ride. Dialogues could be better, but the premise of the series is pretty good and I enjoyed the show in general more than the second season of Stranger Things.

The series poke interesting concepts in Physics (tweaking those and inventing some stuff), so that's cool.
:tup:

I thought it was better than Stranger Things second season as well. Season one was better than both though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hooked on Black Mirror. Wow what an amazingly thought provoking show. So many feels

Big differences in quality between the episodes themselves though. To me, as a lawyer, the two most interesting episodes are 'White Christmas' and 'USS Callister'. They both focus on the status of data as such and whether it is okay to torture digital copies of ourselves. You could argue that it is, after all, the copy is not a real person. There is no one actually feeling pain. It's just a copy of us, doing what we would do in similar situations. But it's pretty unnerving to see just how easily we're all of a sudden okay with torture.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I could only watch 10 minutes in the first episode and I gave up but I am willing to give it another try, I wasn't really in the mood when I started.
It's too earily to judge imo since I watched only the first episodes, but based on what I saw, I think it'd be a good idea if you give it another try. I think it will be enough to know if you wanna continue or drop. I'm gonna continue because I liked the atmosphere and the general idea behind it.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Big differences in quality between the episodes themselves though. To me, as a lawyer, the two most interesting episodes are 'White Christmas' and 'USS Callister'. They both focus on the status of data as such and whether it is okay to torture digital copies of ourselves. You could argue that it is, after all, the copy is not a real person. There is no one actually feeling pain. It's just a copy of us, doing what we would do in similar situations. But it's pretty unnerving to see just how easily we're all of a sudden okay with torture.
2 great episodes this is why i love the show so much its so thought provoking.

Black Mirror is great. Did you watch the new season or catching up with the previous ones?
I have 2 more epsiodes left of season 4. All of Season 4 so far has been amazing. Season 2 was weak apart from the finale. I only started watching this series last week been on like 3 episodes a day. Season 3's finale was poor too imo. Psrst from that everything else has been great.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Aye, my favourite ep was S1E2
the rebel/opportunist cyclist :tup:

my favorite one was the "entire history of you" (s01e03). that episode starts slowly, but later it becomes a trainwreck, just like "falling down", the michael douglas movie. also, jodie whittaker was fun to watch, i loved her in broadchurch too.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Those I've enjoyed: Hated in the Nation, Nosedive, Fifteen million merits, The entire history of you, National anthem, San Junipero, Shut up and Dance, Playtest, Hang the DJ

Particularly loved White Christmas and USS Callister.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I seen 3 episodes, episode one was enough for me to recommend this one to you all, has high potential, intriguing global sophisticated crime thriller:

Cant wait for episode 4 to dive deeper into international organised crime high flyers with David Strathairn as Kleiman, the Macchevellian russian israeli american lol, also the main actor James Norton is pretty good, he is quite laconic in very natural way, as press says, its like he is auditioning to be the next Bond hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)