General TV (73 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Anyone seen Manhunt: Unabomber? Been a while since I seen it, but I'm loving this new trend of netflix with this one and Mindhunters, continuing on the theme that True detective left behind.

- - - Updated - - -

I can already say which upcoming series that will become one of my obbessions, since I LOVED the Takeshi Kovacs (main character) books its based on (havent read them in over decade, maybe time again), neo utopic Phillip K dick-esque sci fi like this being in tv is just :tuttosport:

Plus it helps I watch anything with James Purefoy since he did Rome, its just a must for me lol. Joel Kinnaman is good too, nice to see he is back to tv.

Lately it feels like tv networks/hollywood are doing most of my fav sci fi books, with this one, the Phillip K dick anthology series, and Ready player one (ultimate geek one book/movie) adaption movie being done by Steven Speilberg. Nice to see these stories picked up outside the low budget canadian tv cesspool that is the Syfy network (except for The Expanse, they done great with that one).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dark is brilliant, I have watched so far 7 episodes and I will work on finishing the whole thing either today or tomorrow.
It gets even better! :D I was so sad when I saw it had only 10 episodes. I thought it had 13 and it was a huge letdown.

Still, 9 episodes of pure joy so far. Really gripping and fun.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
The pre netflix era of Black Mirror was really good - you should watch
Yea I'm definitely starting it when I get the chance.

Thanks, lads.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone seen Manhunt: Unabomber? Been a while since I seen it, but I'm loving this new trend of netflix with this one and Mindhunters, continuing on the theme that True detective left behind.
A good mini-series. Loved the fact that "you can't eat your cake and have it to" is actually based on the real case!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I watched 9 out of 10 episodes of Dark and I fucking love it. It kept getting better and better.

Gonna watch the last one tonight although it's a pity I'm done with it.
:tup:

I wish I had stopped halfway through episode 10. The ending was very disappointing, imo. Although, I've heard a second season is in the works, so perhaps it could redeem the ending.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
don't give up if the first episode appears boring
I watched the first two episodes and I didn't really mind the pacing. I think it's quite fun and different from their perspective. The end of the second episode looked like a beginning, though. I'll continue watching and decide on the final verdict when I finish the season. :D

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
@DAiDEViL @igortudor @Wittl

Have any of you seen this show? Is it any good? Looks quite intriguing. 'twas a fascinating era.
Never heard of it. Was shown on Sky 1 end of last year and should be on free TV or ARD online end of this year. Looks promising! :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't checked it out yet. Looks interesting
PS:
the fascinating era came after weimar :baus:
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)