General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (21 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
we're 5-10 years away technology wise in order to generate what that game is hyping.

escape to monkey island
fallout new vegas
borderlands 2
deus ex human revolution
tropico 4
sam and max series
costume quest
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Dark souls 1 is a fantastic game, 2 is good as well. It is challenging but rewarding.
Ornstein and smough, smough first

dat endless pain

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I can't wait for this. The concept appears to be so simple, but so fascinating at the same time. A space exploration game, where every single person starts out on a different world. This game is going to be so good. Everything in the game is procedural
Yeah it seems awesome, but when will it come out? You will forget about it n times before it actually hits the stores :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Is anyone into this kind of game?

I don't know it could be one of the most interesting games in a long time or completely the opposite.
Reminds me of a game i've wanting to play for a while now (not out yet, and its an indie) : Planet explorers

Basically, you are on a planet, and start from nowere, gather recources, technology and end reigning it all

this seems to be adding the multiplayer space part ?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Reminds me of a game i've wanting to play for a while now (not out yet, and its an indie) : Planet explorers

Basically, you are on a planet, and start from nowere, gather recources, technology and end reigning it all

this seems to be adding the multiplayer space part ?
Yeah, but they talked about how it's opposite on MMO, like you can interact with others, but meeting other players is a very small chance because of the size and scope of the galaxy.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
It's an infinite open world. And planets are really planet sized planets. At least that's what the developers said.

- - - Updated - - -

we're 5-10 years away technology wise in order to generate what that game is hyping.
That's why i said it could be a big step into the future of games or miserably fail.

- - - Updated - - -

The question is what will they do to keep it from becoming boring after a while? Exploring is a really cool concept but only if there's cool stuff to be explored. I fear planets will start looking and feeling the same over and over again.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It looks cool and interesting for sure, but I found it odd how quickly he flew in and out of planets, like they are just tiny little rocks.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
It's an infinite open world. And planets are really planet sized planets. At least that's what the developers said.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why i said it could be a big step into the future of games or miserably fail.

- - - Updated - - -

The question is what will they do to keep it from becoming boring after a while? Exploring is a really cool concept but only if there's cool stuff to be explored. I fear planets will start looking and feeling the same over and over again.
What does that mean ?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It means they prolly coded it so the game generates endless amount of planets for you to discover, though how shallow do they have to be (the planets), if its endless amounts of them. Cant exactly make em too in depth or unique, prolly just a generic formula with some variations.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
It means they prolly coded it so the game generates endless amount of planets for you to discover, though how shallow do they have to be (the planets), if its endless amounts of them. Cant exactly make em too in depth or unique, prolly just a generic formula with some variations.
That's what i thought , but if it generates an endless amount wouldn't the amount of ram needed to run it increase while you're playing (unless while generating new planets they delete old content , which means no revisiting old planets) ?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not completely infinite ofcourse :D But they just mean they have a vast amount of planets for you to go around discovering. And they shouldnt delete old planets, goes against the purpose, since you are going around planets discovering things and then putting your name on it, for other players to see.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Payday 2 is only $13 on Xbox Live today.

They have a bunch of other games on sale as well, but that's the only one I remember, lol.
360 or XB1?

Edit- Wait.

Fuck. I think I already have this for PS3 through PS Plus.

Hang on. If it is for XB1 though, I will definitely get it.

- - - Updated - - -

The last of us remastered comes out next month.

Can't wait. Already played it for PS3, but to experience it at 1080 p/ 60fps on a PS4, with all of the DLC included, for 49.99 is too good to pass up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)