General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (19 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So far i think it's been said it'll be a PS4 exclusive. Now something tells me Sony's VR Headset will be a big hit if this game is an even slightly success. It was so made for this kind of stuff.
Are you talking about No Man's Sky?

I think it's coming to PS4 first, but it's not entirely console exclusive

Jul 10, 2006
360 or XB1?

Edit- Wait.

Fuck. I think I already have this for PS3 through PS Plus.

Hang on. If it is for XB1 though, I will definitely get it.

- - - Updated - - -

The last of us remastered comes out next month.

Can't wait. Already played it for PS3, but to experience it at 1080 p/ 60fps on a PS4, with all of the DLC included, for 49.99 is too good to pass up.
I don't think PD2 was released on XB1, but I'm not sure.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
The developer can explain it better than me.

- - - Updated - - -

From what i understood, an empty planet (without real players in it) disappears and goes into the cache. Once someone gets close to it it'll start to load again, same when you fly in on planets. Saving RAM i guess.
It seemed i missed the part of it being an MMO :D

This could easily work if it's always online . Pratically when the first player enters , the world around him get's generated and when other players log in they are in the same world . When you continue to unknown territory it get's generated and stored on their online servers and you simply load the world around you . When you move in a direction you download the content that should be there . Works pretty good this way without storing any information on your console and not actually ram heavy . The concept is great , but as osman said seeing the scope of the game i am worried about it's content . The team is pretty small and i am afraid that after a while it will become boring without much to do . Still have to wait for more gameplay information to have a better idea

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
XB1 has finally started doing the games with gold thing where they give away two free games a month. They have been doing it on the 360 for a while now, which is awesome cause I know PSN had been doing that for a long time.
Tell me about it. I downloaded Halo: Spartan Assault and Max: Curse of the Brotherhood this month for XB1.

I have to say though, I'm more than a little pissed off that they have decided to make the Kinect an accessory instead of a vital part of the XB1 eco-system. I felt that was one of the drawing points to get the system. For me at least. If I'm going to have 2 next-gen systems, I want something that differentiates the 2.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

This could easily work if it's always online . Pratically when the first player enters , the world around him get's generated and when other players log in they are in the same world . When you continue to unknown territory it get's generated and stored on their online servers and you simply load the world around you . When you move in a direction you download the content that should be there . Works pretty good this way without storing any information on your console and not actually ram heavy . The concept is great , but as osman said seeing the scope of the game i am worried about it's content . The team is pretty small and i am afraid that after a while it will become boring without much to do . Still have to wait for more gameplay information to have a better idea
That's my only fear, the lack of content/variety of enemies and textures/terrain /interesting stuff to do and to search for besides flying around/customization...

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
It looks cool and interesting for sure, but I found it odd how quickly he flew in and out of planets, like they are just tiny little rocks.
He was on a spaceship though :) ISS orbits the earth in 90 minutes, so maybe those were not planets but moons maybe? Still they would have to implement some sort of fast traveling, cos I would not pay for a game of space exploration where I would need one year minimum to travel to other solar system.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually more exited about the fact that it is a small team. Guys will try to get creative and interesting like in the old games. Not like mega projects like COD where it's just shallow shit game. (sorry all the COD fans but it's just the way I feel about mega buster games of today).

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
He was on a spaceship though :) ISS orbits the earth in 90 minutes, so maybe those were not planets but moons maybe? Still they would have to implement some sort of fast traveling, cos I would not pay for a game of space exploration where I would need one year minimum to travel to other solar system.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually more exited about the fact that it is a small team. Guys will try to get creative and interesting like in the old games. Not like mega projects like COD where it's just shallow shit game. (sorry all the COD fans but it's just the way I feel about mega buster games of today).
The guys making call of duty has a studio behind who wants to make a ton of money and have no problem wiht making a rehash every year . Being a small team generally means a passion project and doing whatever you want without being restricted by your publisher to make what they know would sell which is pretty good , but you can be as creative as you want without the man power you will never manage to archieve a great amount of content , unless you spend 20 years on it

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Most harrowing, powerful and amazingly fitting song trailer since Dishonoured????

I'm not just saying this as a MASSIVE MGS fanboy (I'm litterally waiting for it to buy PS4), but this shit moved me...

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
The guys making call of duty has a studio behind who wants to make a ton of money and have no problem wiht making a rehash every year . Being a small team generally means a passion project and doing whatever you want without being restricted by your publisher to make what they know would sell which is pretty good , but you can be as creative as you want without the man power you will never manage to archieve a great amount of content , unless you spend 20 years on it
:D

Of course manpower counts, but in how you use it. Most of the big studios and their projects are towards mega sales and trying to cater the biggest market possible and that means that it's going to be a dumb and casual gamer. Small teams without mega suits breathing their necks can try to do something more then jest a product that would sell to the most amount of people possible.

In fact the guy who spoke about the game struck me just that, that he wants a good product that would not be a generic trash that comes out every month. Everybody is talking about nex gen gaming, but the fact that the games of today have lost a lot not looking what the old gen gaming got right.

In general, sorry it was just a rant from my side. Hate all these fucking big studios making shit games.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
:D

Of course manpower counts, but in how you use it. Most of the big studios and their projects are towards mega sales and trying to cater the biggest market possible and that means that it's going to be a dumb and casual gamer. Small teams without mega suits breathing their necks can try to do something more then jest a product that would sell to the most amount of people possible.

In fact the guy who spoke about the game struck me just that, that he wants a good product that would not be a generic trash that comes out every month. Everybody is talking about nex gen gaming, but the fact that the games of today have lost a lot not looking what the old gen gaming got right.

In general, sorry it was just a rant from my side. Hate all these fucking big studios making shit games.
I am with you on that , i am not contrary to indipendent gaming , hell some of the best games i have played in the past couple of years have been indies , but it wouldn't hurt to see these games take on bigger projects and have bigger teams without compromising on their ideas , or big developing teams without the constrains put to them by the likes of EA , Activision ect , like for example CD Projekt Red

- - - Updated - - -

Most harrowing, powerful and amazingly fitting song trailer since Dishonoured????

I'm not just saying this as a MASSIVE MGS fanboy (I'm litterally waiting for it to buy PS4), but this shit moved me...
They have definetly nailed it , last year E3 metal gear also was one of the best trailers and again the music was great . These guys know what they are doing

EDIT : GDC Trailer not E3 :D

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
MGS :tuttosport:

That trailer hit me so hard I went out to buy the HD collection for PS3 to play through previous games again..... I eagerly await Phantom Pain for PS4. I'm also a massive fanboy Os.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)