Forecast for 2008/2009 (16 Viewers)

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
then tell me what is so wrong with my analysis of him as a player...don't be a fuckin dbag about it. i've watched him play many games over the past two years and i know how he plays and what he is capable of.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ignore his size for a bit and focus on his abilities technically. He is more of a zlatan than trezi i would say. That is why he didn't score many goals especially with Palermo where the service is pretty decent.

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
i'll def agree with that. that's what i was saying, except i guess the ibra comparison works better than saying a "trez with ability on the ball"

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
wrong.

Our squad is a lot stronger than them. Liverpool were nothing special and Porto were just really defensive.
...hence the DM instead of the CM :)
I'm just kidding. But again, i don't believe our defensive row is that bad afterall. Dominic's post may have some truths in it, but in the end, a defensive row is not made up by individuals, but it's all about how they work together. I'm not that worried about our defense, and if we add our DM row in front of them, with sissoko & poulsen, i think we are pretty strong there. No need to worry imo. Fact is: we DID strengthen our defense, there's no question about that, we have depth and we have alternatives for different schemes. and all we spent were those 1.5 millions for knezevic.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yeah, I know a defence is more than just the players in it. But the 'easiest' way to improve the backline's quality, is by getting better individuals. Like Sateeh said, we conceded a lot of goals last season by individual mistakes.

We did strengthen the defence, like we strengthened the squad. But did we strengthen the first 11? Probably not.

The board improved our strengths, but barely adressed our weaknesses. We improved our attack, protection from midfield and power. Things we had in abundance last season.

Our problem area's were our depth, creativity/dynamic(call it what you will) from midfield and lack of (individual) quality at the back. We only resolved the depth issue, our bench is much better now. Maybe the management thought that our lack of depth was indeed our biggest problem. They might have a point, as we did well in big matches and we showed some good football near the end of the season when finally everybody was fit.

I think we have less money than was indicated before off-season, as those other area's don't need that much to be improved upon. That, or the board do lack competence as many here claim.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Even after the sub-par transfer campaign, I know we'll definately be competitive in Serie A. We have built a result grinding team, which is a typicall characteristic of a top finish in the league. Beautiful soccer finds it hard to win lo scudetto (Roma and milan of late). I aslo dont see how anyone can say teams like Palermo will finish ahead of us - teams like this can shock the bigger clubs here and there but they arent anywhere close to consistent enough to string wins in a fashion to threaten even a CL spot.

We shall definately struggle in the CL if we make it beyond prelims imo

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
then tell me what is so wrong with my analysis of him as a player...don't be a fuckin dbag about it. i've watched him play many games over the past two years and i know how he plays and what he is capable of.
:p

Relax, we were joking

Nice av.

The 3rd and 4th Series of Blackadder are the best.
The first series suck, the second are nice, but the 3rd and 4th have the best humor i've heard in my life.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, I know a defence is more than just the players in it. But the 'easiest' way to improve the backline's quality, is by getting better individuals. Like Sateeh said, we conceded a lot of goals last season by individual mistakes.

We did strengthen the defence, like we strengthened the squad. But did we strengthen the first 11? Probably not.

The board improved our strengths, but barely adressed our weaknesses. We improved our attack, protection from midfield and power. Things we had in abundance last season.

Our problem area's were our depth, creativity/dynamic(call it what you will) from midfield and lack of (individual) quality at the back. We only resolved the depth issue, our bench is much better now. Maybe the management thought that our lack of depth was indeed our biggest problem. They might have a point, as we did well in big matches and we showed some good football near the end of the season when finally everybody was fit.

I think we have less money than was indicated before off-season, as those other area's don't need that much to be improved upon. That, or the board do lack competence as many here claim.
Yeah, you're right again.

As for the depth, it's great that we added more depth but i think that with this we only nullified our CL participance.
We'd have done better last year if we had this year's team. With Amauri and Giovinco we wouldn't have suffered at the time when Del Piero wasn't performing in first part of the season, with Gio we'd have had a very good replacement of Nedved, instead of using Palladino or Salihamidzic there. With Sissoko and Poulsen we added great cover for the defense, something we lacked a lot in the first part of last season. I'm only sorry we didn't address the problem we have on the right side, in case Camo's injured again, and that's why i wanted Stankovic.
But playing 8 CL matches until New Year nullifies all of this and that's why i don't expect improvement of our position in serie A standings and i predict 3rd place, again.

2 more players for the defense and a guy who plays as good in CM as in MR will make this team a favorite in every front.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Are you comparing the 2 players' history or talent?? of course Amauri has no achievements, but they are not Tennis players, you cant say that Trez won Euro 2000 just by scoring the sudden death , because then he would have also made France lose the WC final by missing the penalty

Trez is a very good finisher, but I dont like that kind of players who stay invisible for all the game just waiting to be given the ball in a good position, then he'll probably score but maybe he misses too

Maybe if he tries to run little more, or try to create some chances for himself, he would be a much better player, before relegation when our team was too strong it's OK with an invisible player but now with our uncreative team we cant afford that

Dont get me wrong, I like Trez and I'm very grateful for his goals all over these years, but worshiping our players as gods isn't right

Both are Juve players now so you dont have to be so biased
you didn't answer any of my questions. a matter of fact, it seems that you didn't read or comprehend my post at all

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
how is that? I just read the news from eurosport, don't know much about the details.
Well, we bought Poulsen for 9.75m eur while Milan bought Ronaldinho for 22m eur, not 18m eur. Only here the difference is 12.25m eur.

We'll pay 6m eur for Poulsen's wages this year (including taxes) while Milan will pay 13m eur for Dinho's wages, including taxes. Here the difference is 7m eur.

12.25+7 = 19.25m eur, only for this year.

Ronaldinho signed 3 years contract. Milan will have to pay 39m eur only for his wages in these three years. Plus the 22m transfer fee, you get the number 61m eur for 3 years.
For the same three years Juve will pay 18m eur for Poulsen's wages +9.75 his transfer fee = 27.75m eur.

The difference for the 3 years is 33.25m eur.

Of course, it's Ronaldinho we're talking about and he may bring even more money than what Milan spent for him.
99% Ronaldinho will turn out to be a better transfer than Poulsen, i'm not denying that.
But people should know that the difference between Dinho and Poulsen wasn't 8m eur only. :)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Well, we bought Poulsen for 9.75m eur while Milan bought Ronaldinho for 22m eur, not 18m eur. Only here the difference is 12.25m eur.

We'll pay 6m eur for Poulsen's wages this year (including taxes) while Milan will pay 13m eur for Dinho's wages, including taxes. Here the difference is 7m eur.

12.25+7 = 19.25m eur, only for this year.

Ronaldinho signed 3 years contract. Milan will have to pay 39m eur only for his wages in these three years. Plus the 22m transfer fee, you get the number 61m eur for 3 years.
For the same three years Juve will pay 18m eur for Poulsen's wages +9.75 his transfer fee = 27.75m eur.

The difference for the 3 years is 33.25m eur.

Of course, it's Ronaldinho we're talking about and he may bring even more money than what Milan spent for him.
99% Ronaldinho will turn out to be a better transfer than Poulsen, i'm not denying that.
But people should know that the difference between Dinho and Poulsen wasn't 8m eur only. :)
you can't count it that way :D

This year or later, transfer fees should be compared only. Eurosport wrote it 18.5 Million euros (well it could be wrong, thou they are reliable most of the times). As for the wages, well that is a whole different subject. That is done between the club and the player. Like you said, Ronaldinho alone will bring loads of merchandising value to the club, plus Ronaldinho alone is an entertainment, he brings extra audience. As for Poulsen, let's see if he will turn another flop, and if he will make the first eleven. We all know what Ronaldinho can add technically to the squad. Sure he had an awful season, but he is the same player that won those best player awards.

btw, please, for christ's sake tell me that I got you wrong, and that Poulsen will not get 6 million year wage per year :shocked:

Isn't that what Buffon gets? or was it Del Pie? I don't know who was, but that's a ridiculous wage for Poulsen. :pumpkin:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He count before tax, Poulsen will get 3m after tax. Other 3m is what the club will play in taxes. Actually its Ronaldinho who earns 6.5m-ish salary. Thats why Alen said Milan pay 13m for him in salary (other half for tax).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)