Forecast for 2008/2009 (8 Viewers)

Dec 26, 2004
Did you even catch my original point? I was talking about people who made it look like Juventus never tend to play with a play maker, they made Juventus look as if they were playing the exact boring 442 with long balls since 1897.

Laudrup might be mentioned in such discussion but Baggio is a SS and we can still play a 442 with his presence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
how is trez not better than amauri?
what has amauri achieved that trez hasn't?

amauri has played well for a lower tier team. and only the last few years has received notice and praise.

trez has played at a high-level for years on a top-tier team. he has been regarded as one of the worlds best finishers for years by the football world.

you can ask any coach (excluding our dear friend domenech), keeper, defender and media type who is more dangerous, more productive and flat out better and i guarantee you that David Trezeguet will be the answer.

please disregard the age factor in all of this because age has not slowed down trez either

kindly think before you type
Are you comparing the 2 players' history or talent?? of course Amauri has no achievements, but they are not Tennis players, you cant say that Trez won Euro 2000 just by scoring the sudden death , because then he would have also made France lose the WC final by missing the penalty

Trez is a very good finisher, but I dont like that kind of players who stay invisible for all the game just waiting to be given the ball in a good position, then he'll probably score but maybe he misses too

Maybe if he tries to run little more, or try to create some chances for himself, he would be a much better player, before relegation when our team was too strong it's OK with an invisible player but now with our uncreative team we cant afford that

Dont get me wrong, I like Trez and I'm very grateful for his goals all over these years, but worshiping our players as gods isn't right

Both are Juve players now so you dont have to be so biased

Apr 15, 2006
i think we'll be 3rd in the league this time also, but the gap between us and the top 2 will be VERY small... points wise, and maybe even in terms of performance, considering what CR can pull off! im sure this season will be dominated by the Milans. i think we'll lose less matches against the mid-level clubs unlike last season, and may draw a few games against inter, milan and Roma or Fiorentina.

as for CL, it's really impossible to say about the result right now!we may not even reach the group stages at this point. and like someone posted before, CL progress largely depends upon group draws! but since we are returning after 2 years, we'll be even more determined to do well, so i think we will get past the group stages and into the K.O stage...

and everything else is unimportant. i think we shud just get out of Coppa soon and concentrate on Serie A and UCL.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
i think we'll be 3rd in the league this time also, but the gap between us and the top 2 will be VERY small... points wise, and maybe even in terms of performance, considering what CR can pull off! im sure this season will be dominated by the Milans. i think we'll lose less matches against the mid-level clubs unlike last season, and may draw a few games against inter, milan and Roma or Fiorentina.

as for CL, it's really impossible to say about the result right now!we may not even reach the group stages at this point. and like someone posted before, CL progress largely depends upon group draws! but since we are returning after 2 years, we'll be even more determined to do well, so i think we will get past the group stages and into the K.O stage...

and everything else is unimportant. i think we shud just get out of Coppa soon and concentrate on Serie A and UCL.
i agree. if i had to bet for the final table i'd say:
1st: Milan
2nd: Inter
3rd: Juve
4th: Fiorentina
5th: Roma

I'm not that sure about milan because it will all depend on a lot of things; ronaldinho will be the first main question mark. I think he will regain his strength, but he won't be running the team alone in my opinion. With Kaka and Pato up front, they have a deadly forward-department. In the back, they're suffering a bit.
Inter will have a strong team too. I predict mancini to fail at first, but they have a strong midfield nonetheless. Maybe they'll even strengthen it further.
I could imagine fiorentina to be the surprise. They'll battle with roma mainly, i'd say. Fiorentina will use they're will to succeed, trying to compensate ujfalusi in the back whereas roma will rely very much on the form of totti and de rossi. Mancini's absence will cause further problems i'd say.
Other surprises may be Napoli, whom i consider worthy of a 4th/5th place too.

As for CL, i won't make any predictions. Fact is, we have a strong enough squad to pass preliminaries and i'm convinced we will do it. What comes afterwards... well it's difficult to say, depends on a lot of things; groups, fitness of players, injuries. If we do well in the group stages and can make first steps on the international stage by not getting outplayed by the likes of manu or chelsea or so, then i'm fine, even if we don't move on.

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
Milan has stated that they are done with their transfers for this summer, (i think it was Galliani who said that)
If that is true, I think that they are not as strong as some people on this forum have been saying. After all their defense/GK is still very poor, and very old. The big addition was Zambrotta, who we shouldnt forget is 31 now and is no longer the Zambrotta Juve had. And Flamini although very good, is not that good of a safety for the defense. So I think Milan won't be the team everyone is talking about. They will be better then this season, but they will not go for the title.

On the other hand I think this year Fiorentina will be really good, and I think along with Inter and Juve, these 3 teams will fight for the Scudetto.

My prediction:
1- Inter
2- Juve
3- Fiorentina
4- Milan

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
i agree. if i had to bet for the final table i'd say:
1st: Milan
2nd: Inter
3rd: Juve
4th: Fiorentina
5th: Roma

I'm not that sure about milan because it will all depend on a lot of things; ronaldinho will be the first main question mark. I think he will regain his strength, but he won't be running the team alone in my opinion. With Kaka and Pato up front, they have a deadly forward-department. In the back, they're suffering a bit.
Inter will have a strong team too. I predict mancini to fail at first, but they have a strong midfield nonetheless. Maybe they'll even strengthen it further.
I could imagine fiorentina to be the surprise. They'll battle with roma mainly, i'd say. Fiorentina will use they're will to succeed, trying to compensate ujfalusi in the back whereas roma will rely very much on the form of totti and de rossi. Mancini's absence will cause further problems i'd say.
Other surprises may be Napoli, whom i consider worthy of a 4th/5th place too.

As for CL, i won't make any predictions. Fact is, we have a strong enough squad to pass preliminaries and i'm convinced we will do it. What comes afterwards... well it's difficult to say, depends on a lot of things; groups, fitness of players, injuries. If we do well in the group stages and can make first steps on the international stage by not getting outplayed by the likes of manu or chelsea or so, then i'm fine, even if we don't move on.
I agree, regarding the current squad of the 5 teams, but the transfer window is still open and any team can strengthen its squad, well....excluding us

so for example Inter can be rated higher if they sign Eto'o or Lampard, Roma can do much better if they sign a top striker

I think Viola can beat us to the 3rd position, they signed very good players, and with a coach like Prandelli, I'm pretty sure he can use them well

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I agree, regarding the current squad of the 5 teams, but the transfer window is still open and any team can strengthen its squad, well....excluding us

so for example Inter can be rated higher if they sign Eto'o or Lampard, Roma can do much better if they sign a top striker

I think Viola can beat us to the 3rd position, they signed very good players, and with a coach like Prandelli, I'm pretty sure he can use them well
well yes, as i said... inter may strengthen themselves further on, yet i believe they will stay behind milan this year. Can't really say why, just a feeling. As for milan, i think their mercato is pretty much closed as well.
Fiorentina HAVE in fact put up a good transfer period, BUT you have to consider that they lost ujfalusi as well. I rate jovetic too young to be decisive, Gilardino may find his form back and vargas, well he's good, but since fiorentina don't play that much over wings (they have small forwards) vargas' skills may be held back to LB. We'll see the first few games, who's on a good way, and who not. Attention to napoli as well, they're on a good way, and may even compete with roma, fiorentina, or even with us... we'll see. can't wait for the season to start.
Are there any dates already as to when we'll see the first game'

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
If only I can give you rep:kiss:
consider it given :tup:

Milan has stated that they are done with their transfers for this summer, (i think it was Galliani who said that)
If that is true, I think that they are not as strong as some people on this forum have been saying. After all their defense/GK is still very poor, and very old. The big addition was Zambrotta, who we shouldnt forget is 31 now and is no longer the Zambrotta Juve had. And Flamini although very good, is not that good of a safety for the defense. So I think Milan won't be the team everyone is talking about. They will be better then this season, but they will not go for the title.

On the other hand I think this year Fiorentina will be really good, and I think along with Inter and Juve, these 3 teams will fight for the Scudetto.

My prediction:
1- Inter
2- Juve
3- Fiorentina
4- Milan

well yes, as i said... inter may strengthen themselves further on, yet i believe they will stay behind milan this year. Can't really say why, just a feeling. As for milan, i think their mercato is pretty much closed as well.
Fiorentina HAVE in fact put up a good transfer period, BUT you have to consider that they lost ujfalusi as well. I rate jovetic too young to be decisive, Gilardino may find his form back and vargas, well he's good, but since fiorentina don't play that much over wings (they have small forwards) vargas' skills may be held back to LB. We'll see the first few games, who's on a good way, and who not. Attention to napoli as well, they're on a good way, and may even compete with roma, fiorentina, or even with us... we'll see. can't wait for the season to start.
Are there any dates already as to when we'll see the first game'
The same here, but I know why, because I hate Inter, and I think 4 successive scudettos are way more than they deserve

as Sacrer said Milan's defense is too old, they'll suffer if they dont get a young defender, but that was how we were last season and our attack managed to win us some tough games, I believe Milan's strong attack will somehow compensate their old defense, plus Maldini and Nesta somehow stay in a good form inspite of their age

What I cant really predict is our team's performance, although we didn't sign a creative CM, I see a slight possibility of overcoming our creativity problem

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'm kind of worried about our defence for next season. Looking at it simply player by player, instead of it as a unit, It's pretty weak. Apart from Chiellini, none of the defenders are great.

Zebina can be great, but injury-prone and terrible inconsistent.
Grygera, had almost a handful of promising performances, but overall he is pretty average.
Mellberg is useful, as he can play both cb and rb. He is a solid option, but nothing special either. Not among the best cb's out there by a stretch. But i'm hoping (out of desperation) that he might surprise us.
Legrottaglie surprised us last season, but we all saw how he was without Chiellini. I still think he complements Chiellini well, but again.. kind of an ordinary cb.
Andrade is out, perhaps forever?
Knezevic is unkown quality to me, but is a rookie going by stats alone. One good Serie A season (apparently) only. He'd only play if Mellberg and Legro are out anyway.
Chiellini is class and will become even better.
Molinaro I think still has some potential. If he can improve some of his technical abilities (ball handling, crossing) and added to to the fact that he tries hard :)p) he can be useful, but he isn't even close to a top- leftback.
De Ceglie is very promising, but the experience he has is one year of Serie A and the rest only at youth level. Very risky to rely on him.

So all in all, the fullbacks betray some fragility, while we lack one quality centreback.

I mean compare our attacking line-up, to our defensive...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
The defense's situation is pretty concerning imo. I really thought Andrade will be back and it would've been much better as he brings a lot of leadership and experience to the line.

Last year we had a very good cover infront of the back line but individual mistakes cost us many goals. I dont know who will be partnering chiellini but both Mellberg and Legro will need to hit the ground running.

Mar 30, 2006
I dont think we will win the league or anything. Milan or Inter will due to how much stronger they will be next season. Especially Milan who are focusing on the league while Inter might be looking more at the CL.

I think we will do well in the CL though as Ranieri seems to be able to fire up the squad for big games and the players are hungry to be back in Europe. With a solid midfield and our amazing strike force I think anything is possible in the CL. If Porto and Liverpool have won it recently there is no reason we can't. We certainly have the drive to win it.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I dont think we will win the league or anything. Milan or Inter will due to how much stronger they will be next season. Especially Milan who are focusing on the league while Inter might be looking more at the CL.

I think we will do well in the CL though as Ranieri seems to be able to fire up the squad for big games and the players are hungry to be back in Europe. With a solid midfield and our amazing strike force I think anything is possible in the CL. If Porto and Liverpool have won it recently there is no reason we can't. We certainly have the drive to win it.
Both of them had much stronger squad than what we have currently.....

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
You guys know shit about Amauri.
why do you keep saying this? Amauri is a powerful striker who is more in the Trezeguet mold than the Del Piero mold. But I'm not saying Amauri is identical to Trez...far from it actually. Amauri can create more for himself as he is better on the ball and can hold it up better. We all know Trez is shit on the ball and for him to perform he needs others around him to supply him well. Trezeguet on a shitty team would be a much worse player. He needs service. i've watched Amauri play in plenty of games and I know his style and what he is capable of doing. don't tell me i don't know shit about him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)